BANGKOK

My Thai Elite Visa will expire middle next year.  When I fly out and return to Thailand I will get another 1 year stamp.

However, the Thai Elite Visa people informed me that I will be overstayed if I stay in Thailand, even though the immigration officer stamps another fully 1 year stay permission.

Why would this be the case?  Anyone else had experience regarding this?  

• Like 1

I have an Elite card.

Did you know the 'Elite Visa' is nothing of the kind. Your Visa is simply a normal TOURIST Visa that allows a 90 day entry only, with the bonus of being able to send Elite staff to go and do your 90 day report. You can confirm this at the Elite office.

So effectively once you leave Thailand and your Elite card has almost expired, you would only be able to get at least one more 90 day entry, not 1 year. I know this because I asked at the head office.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Mas4568 said:

Did you know the 'Elite Visa' is nothing of the kind. Your Visa is simply a normal TOURIST Visa that allows a 90 day entry only, with the bonus of being able to send Elite staff to go and do your 90 day report. You can confirm this at the Elite office.

90 day reports have nothing to do with your permission to stay stamp. If you look at a 90 day report receipt, it clearly states 

THIS IS NOT AN EXTENSION OF STAY PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR ADDRESS AGAIN ON

If an IO has stamped you in for 12 months, you or someone does need to make 90 day reports, (or if you leave Thailand then it is not necessary,) but you do have a 12 month valid permit to stay.

It is not uncommon to ask someone in power a question to be told totally the wrong answer. 

You do in fact get a further 1 year. Multiple people have already done this. 
Yep. For dogs years. But they can always change the enforcement later.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, G950 said:

It is not uncommon to ask someone in power a question to be told totally the wrong answer. 

This is precisely the reason for much of the confusion and varying experiences debated amongst us foreigners here in Thailand....  More often than not those who should know, don't. Face prevents those in any positions of decision making power from asking and finding out resulting in the multitude of inconsistencies we are subject to. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies.  Still unsure what to do. 

My membership card expires April next near, but I will get the 1 year stamp.  

So my membership will be expired, but the visa stamped for another year.  

Seems that people have used that extra year (and no longer being a member) and had no problems?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2019 at 10:48 AM, Mas4568 said:

I have an Elite card.

So effectively once you leave Thailand and your Elite card has almost expired, you would only be able to get at least one more 90 day entry, not 1 year. I know this because I asked at the head office.

This is true only for the old elite visas, the new ones gives you a 1 yr stamp each time. You are allowed to stay until the last day of the stamp, the membership means nothing.

The elite sticker gives you the right to come to Thailand for 5 years and get a stamp of 1 year each time. Even if you come the last day of the sticker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well, since 90 day reporting is still required, it seems like a possible scenario is the man would be allowed in, but when he submits the 90 day report , the immigration people would then peruse his visa status and possibly or probably say he has to do a new visa of some type as his TE visa has expired.  So, while he may get stamped in and start that extra year, he may have trouble after in Thailand.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

well, since 90 day reporting is still required, it seems like a possible scenario is the man would be allowed in, but when he submits the 90 day report , the immigration people would then peruse his visa status and possibly or probably say he has to do a new visa of some type as his TE visa has expired.  So, while he may get stamped in and start that extra year, he may have trouble after in Thailand.

Doubtful. Never had a report like that and the Elite thingie has been around for a long time already. 

• Like 2