Just a misunderstanding! 128 year old Thai man turns out to be forty years younger!

webfact

Just a misunderstanding! 128 year old Thai man turns out to be forty years younger!

1pm1.jpg
Picture: Thai Rath

It has been revealed that a Thai man whose family claimed he was 128 earlier in the week is in fact just 88.

Relatives had said that Aon Panchomphu was the oldest human in the world smashing all known records. 

Now due to the similarity of the shape of the Thai numerals for three and seven the truth has been revealed. 

Aon was said to have been born in 1891 that is 2434 in Thai years written ๒๔๓๔.

In reality he was born in 1931 that is 2474 written ๒๔๗๔.

Three in Thai is  and seven in Thai is .

Many years ago when Aon moved the clerk misread the handwritten numerals on his birth certificate and typed them in wrong adding forty years to his age. 

Further evidence also came to light when it was revealed that a contemporary of Aon who served time with him in the military was also still alive. 

1pm2.jpg
Picture: Thai Rath

Aon has now been issued with a new card by officials in the Chaiwan district of Udon Thani in Thailand's north east. 

There were many laughs because five ladies had to hold down Aon's finger for fingerprinting - it proved hard for the machine to read because his prints had worn away because of betel nut use. 

Non Somboon village deputy Warinthorn Silaparaya said it was all sorted now - and "Poo Aon" has been restored to his rightful age. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-30

strange the family had never huddled around the fire, to ask him of his ummm WW1 memories eh! which would have been interesting in itself, as Thailand never had any WW1 deaths in action.

this probably really all came to light, when he/family tries to claim an extra 40 years of Retirement pension in backpay

Math obviously wasn't the clerk's strongest subject, although getting five ladies to try and hold Aon down, well that could well be another front page headline, I can see it now, 88 year old Aon dies trying to satisfy 5 hungry woman, with his finger, all at once ????

3 hours ago, tifino said:

strange the family had never huddled around the fire, to ask him of his ummm WW1 memories eh! which would have been interesting in itself, as Thailand never had any WW1 deaths in action.

this probably really all came to light, when he/family tries to claim an extra 40 years of Retirement pension in backpay

Talking of which, a couple of years ago my MIL's friend mentioned her pension had just started paying. MIL said, no it's next year. They were in the same year at school.

Turned out when the friend was born, her parents never got around to registering her birth until she was five or six. Parents gave the wrong year of birth, making her a year older on her ID card, thereby starting her pension a year early.

6 hours ago, tifino said:

Or about his feelings when Thailand declared war on U.K. and America in WW2 ????

Was Thailand in WW1? I believe I read that Thai ambassador in DC never delivered the declaration of war for WW2, so technically Thailand wasn't at war with USA. Been a role model for Thai mail ever since. Oh, and walls in front of US embassy "200 years of Thai-American friendship", which I reckon means we "hooked up" 205 years before? No mention of "continuous friendship"

When I was applying years ago for my wife's permanent residency her fathers particulars needed to be noted. Apparently there was no official record of his birth date kept by the city hall in his home town. I asked so what day does he celebrate his birthday? He doesn't, I was told, because nobody knows the day. I had to write my government and try to explain the omission on the application, it never even raised an eyebrow. lol  

8 hours ago, tifino said:

Not so strange at all. Thailand was not, "ummm" [sic], involved in WW1, that's why there were no Thai deaths, or Thais in action.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Not so strange at all. Thailand was not, "ummm" [sic], involved in WW1, that's why there were no Thai deaths, or Thais in action.

I was tending the context towards the timeframe of which argumentive period of time that he would have accrued some Army mates! 

And ww1 was simply a closer match than ww2, for his current 128 years quandary :)

21 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Actually over 1200 Thais participated in the final stages of WW1. There's a statue commentating these soldiers in a park not far from Kao San.

4 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

When I was applying years ago for my wife's permanent residency her fathers particulars needed to be noted. Apparently there was no official record of his birth date kept by the city hall in his home town. I asked so what day does he celebrate his birthday? He doesn't, I was told, because nobody knows the day. I had to write my government and try to explain the omission on the application, it never even raised an eyebrow. lol  

Not uncommon, my wife had to put hers dads dob as 1/1/32 as the actual date of birth wasn't recorded back then, only the year, if your lucky.. That was for a prospective spouse visa for Australia- very official stuff but accepted. I often ask the wife how old her mum is. She always says 75 and has said the same thing for 15 years...who knows?

My wife is six months younger than her official documents as she apparently whined about wanting to go to school with her older sister so the old man registered her as being born in May and not in November when she was actually born to fit in with the school year.. Pretty laid back apparently back then. I don't think a lot has really changed either for Thai people. Farangs stress about this stuff now but the Thais don't seem to.

18 hours ago, tifino said:

I was tending the context towards the timeframe of which argumentive period of time that he would have accrued some Army mates! 

And ww1 was simply a closer match than ww2, for his current 128 years quandary ????

Good grief...

Archived