100s or 1000s of Genes Influence Sexuality

thaicurious

Bad & worse news for homophobes, good and better news for LGBT & allies. Sexual orientations are genetically influenced in a way that won't be spliced out the gene pool any time soon as there may be 1000s of genes  involved. For those into the god thang, seems your God (or simply, perhaps, evolution) inextricably intertwined LGBT into humanity. We're not just here, not just queer, and you shouldn't just get used to it; you should get used to it for the long run.  Gay is here to stay.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/08/genetics-may-explain-25-same-sex-behavior-giant-analysis-reveals

People who have had same-sex partners are more likely to have one or more of certain DNA markers, according to the largest ever search for genes linked to sexual orientation. Even all the markers taken together, however, cannot predict whether a person is gay, bisexual, or straight. Instead, hundreds or thousands of genes, each with small effects, apparently influence sexual behavior.

...“For the first time we can say without a reasonable doubt that some genes do influence the propensity to have same-sex partners,”...

...genetics can explain between 8% and 25% of nonheterosexual behavior. The rest, they say, is explained by environmental influences, which could range from hormone exposure in the womb to social influences later in life.

...there is no single “gay gene,” says Broad team member Andrea Ganna. Instead, same-sex sexual behavior appears to be influenced by perhaps hundreds or thousands of genes, each with tiny effects....

So I guess you can stop wondering what life would be like if all the homos disappeared

I saw a father on TED Talks speaking of his gay son and how a mother's trauma trigger during pregnancy can result in a gay child.

He also mentioned that a family with a lot of male children are more likely to produce a gay son - reduces the competition factor in the environment.

So the mother's response during pregnancy could play a role.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, steven2018 said:
I saw a father on TED Talks speaking of his gay son and how a mother's trauma trigger during pregnancy can result in a gay child.

He also mentioned that a family with a lot of male children are more likely to produce a gay son - reduces the competition factor in the environment.

But the real question is what causes heterosexuality.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

38 minutes ago, steven2018 said:

speaking of his gay son and how a mother's trauma trigger during pregnancy can result in a gay child

Yes, it has already been proven that this can happen if a pregnant woman watches "The Wizard of Oz."

:cheesy:

58 minutes ago, steven2018 said:

You must've misheard the TED guy. He didn't say trauma; he said DRAMA. Have you not met us yet?

Regarding subsequent male births...

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2156010-we-may-know-why-younger-brothers-are-more-likely-to-be-gay/

...increasing levels of antibodies in a mother’s immune system could play a role....

...The team collected blood from 142 women, and screened it for antibodies to a particular brain protein that is only made in males....

...They found that the mothers of gay sons with older brothers had the highest levels of antibodies against this protein, followed by the mothers of gay sons with no older brothers. Women who had straight sons had less of these antibodies, while women with no sons had the least....

...it is possible that the effect of these antibodies on the protein they target leads to changes in brain development that can have an influence on sexual orientation.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

But the real question is what causes heterosexuality.

Lack of imagination.

Actually they're quite inventive. For us to fantasize all we have to do is put our hand down our pants. But what do they feel when they put their hand down their pants to fantasize? Yikes! Scarier than flying monkeys.

We just have to relate to our manhood. They have to relate to their female inside. Now who's twisted. Queers!

31 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Yes, it has already been proven that this can happen if a pregnant woman watches "The Wizard of Oz."

:cheesy:

Those flying monkeys still scare me and yet I am completely attracted to both Judy & Liza so it must be true.

4 hours ago, steven2018 said:

This was based on what scientific evidence ?

His qualifications are?

5 hours ago, steven2018 said:

Thank you, I had heard the theory before read some information regarding the epigenetics, but he has done it personally and compassionately.

Archived