Hydrocele

remobb

Hi all, Hope you are in good health.

My question is: has anyone suffered from Hydrocele in Thailand. If so what did you do about it? Did you have it sorted out? If so which procedure did you have and what was the cost? Also how long was the recovery period? Where did you have the procedure done?

Appreciate your input.

Has it been diagnosed as a hydrocele by a urologist? Not all scrotal swelling is due to hydrocele and other causes need to be excluded.  And, if it is hydrocele, the underlying cause needs to be determined. In adult men this can be an inguinal hernia or an infection in the testicle or epididymitis. Or it can occur after some sort of trauma to the testicle.

Treatment is going to depend entirely on what the condition is and underlying cause.  Some hydroceles resolve on their own.

Cost will depend on the treatment required and the hospital.

I suggest you start by consulting Dr. Viroj at Bumrungrad (unless you have Social Security cover in which case a urologist at the hospital you are registered at). If it turns out you need treatment you cannot afford at that hospital post again with  the results of the consultation and recommended treatment.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/doctors/Viroj-Chodchoy

Hi Sheryl, Thanks for your reply. It hasn't been diagnosed as yet but I believe it started after I had a heart attack and I have had it for more than a year now. I don't have any pain or symptoms except that it is swollen.

I guess I should check it out as you say.

Regards,

Remo

• 1 month later...

After arriving in Thailand I have had several hydrocele flare ups that the doctors say is linked to epididimytis and possibly irritated by sex as well.  The first time I took antibiotics but since then I usually just let it go away on its own.  Supportive underwear has helped tremendously so no more boxers, some snug boxer briefs to keep the weight off those puppies should help a lot.

Archived