HELP - I can't clean my windows!

4675636b596f75

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Why do you want to improve that view?

There is no improving my view.  But my suckass view through dirty windows just looks worse.  What you see, are micro-micro condos of only 23sqm.  Since these nudniks haven't figured out how to build closets, they use their balconies like a closet.  It's not pretty.  

I have a quote to replace the entire window but it's 23,000b.  Not sure how long they will remain clean.  

Also have someone who will hang from the roof on one rope to clean the outside windows.  That solution is only 800b.

1 minute ago, Chazar said:

there  should  be  some  screws on  those inner  frames and  if  you  remove  them  you can  slide  left  to  right.

The locking mechanism on the right and left side won't pass over the other window.

Why do you want clean windows they would stand out like a sore thumb in Bangkok.????

There must be some way to take the window out of the frame. Have a look around the edges of the window to see if there is a screw to adjust how it sits in the frame, maybe adjust it to remove the window.

Although a dust cloth and a coat hanger might be just the trick.

(or find someone with very long arms) ????

Just now, NightSky said:

Why do you want clean windows they would stand out like a sore thumb in Bangkok.????

There must be some way to take the window out of the frame. Have a look around the edges of the window to see if there is a screw to adjust how it sits in the frame, maybe adjust it to remove the window.

Although a long duster and a coat hanger might be just the trick.

I'm not trying to break into a car.  The windows don't come out.  Period.

That will come out if you push up and pull lower half out; it’s how they put them in and it’s how they are removed; I seriously doubt that the frame was installed with the glass already in place, give it another go

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

As Crossy said, the sliding window should lift out. It should also be the 'inside' window. Looks like yours have been fitted incorrectly. Remove the whole frame and turn around, then the slider should lift out towards the inside of the room with the window in the fully open position.. The slider will probably lift out as is, but you will be lifting it very awkwardly, assuming you can grip it in the first place, and run the risk of dropping however many storeys you are up, to the ground.

If you can't do (reverse the window fitting) that yourself, hire a local who can. It's not that hard to do. 

Edit to add:

Do both windows slide or is one fixed?  My response was based on the assumption one was fixed and one a slider. 

21 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

That was exciting.  I got almost as excited watching this as when Beto got his teeth cleaned for the world to see.

But not as exciting as this utterly useless and dim response !!!!

The Magnetic cleaner is actually a very good solution to a common problem... 

6 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

As Crossy said, the sliding window should lift out. It should also be the 'inside' window. Looks like yours have been fitted incorrectly. Remove the whole frame and turn around, then the slider should lift out towards the inside of the room with the window in the fully open position.. The slider will probably lift out as is, but you will be lifting it very awkwardly, assuming you can grip it in the first place, and run the risk of dropping however many storeys you are up, to the ground.

If you can't do (reverse the window fitting) that yourself, hire a local who can. It's not that hard to do. 

I could say no it does not 1000 times.  Perhaps a picture will help you.

20190830_192438.jpg

1 hour ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

There is no improving my view.  But my suckass view through dirty windows just looks worse.  What you see, are micro-micro condos of only 23sqm.  Since these nudniks haven't figured out how to build closets, they use their balconies like a closet.  It's not pretty.  

I have a quote to replace the entire window but it's 23,000b.  Not sure how long they will remain clean.  

Also have someone who will hang from the roof on one rope to clean the outside windows.  That solution is only 800b.

The last solution  could pay  for itself  if  you  video it and  post  on youtube ......just  for the entertainment  factor. ????

10 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

The last solution  could pay  for itself  if  you  video it and  post  on youtube ......just  for the entertainment  factor. ????

Seen it already.  In our old <deleted> condo the one with rats and a destroyed pool, one day my son called from the bedroom to tell me that a man was hanging by a rope outside the window.  We were on the 25th floor.  Since my son doesn't make up stories, I went to the balcony to see a Thai man hanging from one rope with no safety equipment.  He was tasked with checking the windows.  The rope was long enough to reach the ground.  I sure hope they checked that before going over the roof edge.

5 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Seen it already.  In our old <deleted> condo the one with rats and a destroyed pool, one day my son called from the bedroom to tell me that a man was hanging by a rope outside the window.  We were on the 25th floor.  Since my son doesn't make up stories, I went to the balcony to see a Thai man hanging from one rope with no safety equipment.  He was tasked with checking the windows.  The rope was long enough to reach the ground.  I sure hope they checked that before going over the roof edge.

Eegads ! Was he checking floor  by  floor  or was  he on his way  down to   check a  dirty  pane on the  11th ?

Archived