HELP - I can't clean my windows!

4675636b596f75

If OP cannot get his hands out to touch the outside of Left Window pane;

then how is he gonna be able to place the outer magnetic half of an aquarium/magic cleaner pad? on that left pane outer side? 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Eegads ! Was he checking floor  by  floor  or was  he on his way  down to   check a  dirty  pane on the  11th ?

They were checking the building structure.  I'm not sure why.  They repeated this process for every window on every floor for 3 building.  33 stories total.

Just now, tifino said:

then how is he gonna be able to place the outer magnetic half of an aquarium/magic cleaner pad? on that left pane outer side? 

This I can do.

7 minutes ago, Wirejerker said:

Looks like your window is in backwards. The slider should be on the inside. If you lift the slider and push outward it should come free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what I suggested earlier but just got a smartarse response. Let him work it out for himself.

Behind that grommet is probably a screw put in to stop the unit from sliding
Doubtfull that they fixed it into the frame and then put the glass in as that would be too much work for average builder here

Does the grommet come out or not? Is it actually a grommet or a stopper glued on?.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, tifino said:

throwing it up from street level.

Just now, Anythingleft? said:

Behind that grommet is probably a screw put in to stop the unit from sliding
Doubtfull that they fixed it into the frame and then put the glass in as that would be too much work for average builder here

Does the grommet come out or not? Is it actually a grommet or a stopper glued on?.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The window is stopped from sliding across the rearmost window because the lock mechanism on the inside protrudes enough to keep the window from passing over the other.

1 minute ago, taninthai said:

Sometimes behind that grommet is a screw which you turn and it highers or lowers the wheels/runners ....then guess what you can lift window up and pull it out.

It's interesting how some of you just don't get it.  

The window has 1mm clearance top and bottom.  Perhaps the clearance is slightly less.  The lip on the inside, is 1 inch high.  Someone needs some chamomile tea and a hug.

47 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

The window has 1mm clearance top and bottom.  Perhaps the clearance is slightly less.  The lip on the inside, is 1 inch high.  Someone needs some chamomile tea and a hug.

I first wondered if the windows were designed that way and not to come out on the high rise condos so that people don't accidentally fall out of the window when cleaning them...

...then after a few seconds I remembered that I was in thailand and this was an absurd thought to have..

..be safe!

Is the exterior lip the same as the interior?  Might be time to get a few industrial suction cups and lift the outer pane out to the exterior.  

BTW, have you looked to see if the stop at the top is removable or not full length?  The panes usually need to be at a particular location to be removed. 

6 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Hi, I,m in debt with you I believe as the Tm30 status check suggestion you gave worked and I now have my usermane and password, so thanks. 

As to the window, it,s only the 1mm (do you really mean 1mm or 1 cm?) lock having to pass the first vertical alluminium part of the frame? If so I would be tempted to use a long handled thin screw driver (maybe in a piece of cloth so it wont take the paint off) or large knife could be far better and slightly prise a distance so the frame and lock pass. 

Good luck!

14 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Seen it already.  In our old <deleted> condo the one with rats and a destroyed pool, one day my son called from the bedroom to tell me that a man was hanging by a rope outside the window.  We were on the 25th floor.  Since my son doesn't make up stories, I went to the balcony to see a Thai man hanging from one rope with no safety equipment.  He was tasked with checking the windows.  The rope was long enough to reach the ground.  I sure hope they checked that before going over the roof edge.

That is actually standard practice in Japan on some of the highest buildings, although they do usually use mechanical (figure 8 or other) rappelling fittings, they may have a safety rope but sometimes not used as it's slower.

14 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Seen it already.  In our old <deleted> condo the one with rats and a destroyed pool, one day my son called from the bedroom to tell me that a man was hanging by a rope outside the window.  We were on the 25th floor.  Since my son doesn't make up stories, I went to the balcony to see a Thai man hanging from one rope with no safety equipment.  He was tasked with checking the windows.  The rope was long enough to reach the ground.  I sure hope they checked that before going over the roof edge.

That was somebody from Immigration who checked if you've got any guests without issuing a TM 30.  

18 hours ago, tifino said:

is that a removeable cap, to reveal the adjuster block, that inhibits lifting the window for removal?

899229569_windowslide.JPG.a632b7485954ddd7557a850299724e1f.JPG

You see the gap between the window and frame.  Exactly how much do you think this window will lift?

4 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

You see the gap between the window and frame.  Exactly how much do you think this window will lift?

as @tjo o tjim referred to... the bottom lip. Is the bottom runner retractable too? So that combined top and bottom runners adjusted inwards to the max. ..  how much leeway? 

On 8/30/2019 at 3:57 AM, 4675636b596f75 said:

Thought of that.  It's in there permanently.  

These windows are built like the sliding screens. As noted if you remove the cap and there is a screw inside turn it counter clockwise it will lower the spring and allow the window to be lift up.  You open and slide the window part way and lift, continue opening until half way and lift up and it should come out.

If not, take these pictures and go to a vinyl window shop and ask them. 

On 9/1/2019 at 7:15 AM, tifino said:

as @tjo o tjim referred to... the bottom lip. Is the bottom runner retractable too? So that combined top and bottom runners adjusted inwards to the max. ..  how much leeway? 

Don't worry too much about the current height of the bottom lip. When I mention current, that's because the guy's at Stanley, in cooperation with Lazada, have made a special window runner-lip adjustment tool. 

680W STGS6100 https://s.lazada.co.th/s.Z7esr

On 8/31/2019 at 10:00 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

That is actually standard practice in Japan on some of the highest buildings, although they do usually use mechanical (figure 8 or other) rappelling fittings, they may have a safety rope but sometimes not used as it's slower.

Standard practice in Bangkok, mostly used by Burmese guys painting the exterior of the residential tower blocks. Usually when they're painting or re-sealing the windows they're also going to clean the windows, but they're not going to do a great job as that's a sideline to the purpose of their being there in the first place. 

Now if the OP isn't in too too much of a hurry, it's all going to happen in good time. Once the building is about 25 years old they're going to tell you there's an additional collection that year, this will be in order to pay for the cracks in the exterior wall. The Burmese guy that had for all purposes looked to be playing at being Spiderman, will have found there were cracks in the exterior walls when they were sent to clean someone's window (generally its that one guy who couldn't reach round or remove the window to clean it himself)

They will also say the seals on the outside of the windows were perished and needed replaced and the building urgently requires to be repainted. Now up until this demand for extra funds, you along with all other owners/residents in the building would have been blissfully unaware of this impending disaster, however thanks to needing to call in the Spiderman company to clean that one window in the building, they're now suddenly going to be able to save your building and it'll only cost Baht XX,XXX for each unit. With the heightened emphasis on the collection of these extra funds It's going to seem similar to the emergency planning that was put in place for the millennium, or indeed the emergency funds being required for people in the UK to still be able to eat after Brexit. But in the end of the day you're going to know your building will be all good for another XYZ years, or will it just be until the pipework needs renewed!  

Archived