Criminal background check for teaching

jst

Hello. Does anyone know how to obtain a criminal background check required to teach. I am an American. I hear you can do it somewhere in BKK, but there is also a way to do it in Pattaya or online? Does anyone know about ways to do this locally? Thanks!

I would have thought it depends on if they want a police check from your country of birth or the one from Thailand.

We just recently had to do our Criminal Background Checks. 

We went to the local police station- the forensic department- our fingerprints taken then sent to Bangkok, and the results sent back to the school.

Should the police station in your province not do it, The Royal Thai Police Headquarters office you need to go to is at Building 24, Rama I, Pathumwan, Bangkok. 

Take the SkyTrain to Siam BTS station. It’s less than a five-minute walk from there.

They'll send the result to you. If you need an FBI background check:

FBI Background Check From Thailand – If you’re already in Thailand, the easiest way to get a criminal background check is to appear at the Royal Thai Police Headquarters on Rama I Road in downtown Bangkok.

They’ll take your fingerprints at no charge. You can then send them to the FBI, along with a check for $18, who will run your information through their database and return your fingerprint card to you with “No Record” stamped on it, if you don’t have a criminal record.

If you do have a criminal record, a copy of it will be sent to you (although you might then have a problem getting that teaching job in Thailand).

Archived