Jump to content
BANGKOK
Gp93

Australian visitor visa for thai girlfriend

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

So my situation is I'm an english citizen living in Sydney Australia on a 12 months working holiday Visa. I have been with my Thai partner now for 4 months and want to get her to come join me in Sydney on a  3 month subclass 600 visitor visa. I have more than enough enough money to support her stay and can prove this. My partner is a freelance model in thailand with no kids and rents a condo monthly. She has family who she has to provide for which I can also provide for while if she was to come to Australia.

 

Can anybody who has tried something similar or who has any advice add some input and let me know what chance I have. I understand not being an Australian citizen may screw the chances up but I'm aware the uk and Australia have a fairly reasonable relationship that I'm hoping might go in favour

 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The difficulty that I foresee is she's a different nationality altogether - if she was a girlfriend from your home country I'd say you'd stand a good chance. Your post suggests she's in Thailand and you're already in Sydney. However this link suggests she'll have to apply for her own visa, and I doubt she's eligible for a WH visa - https://www.gotocourt.com.au/immigration/working-holiday-visas/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

The difficulty that I foresee is she's a different nationality altogether - if she was a girlfriend from your home country I'd say you'd stand a good chance. Your post suggests she's in Thailand and you're already in Sydney. However this link suggests she'll have to apply for her own visa, and I doubt she's eligible for a WH visa - https://www.gotocourt.com.au/immigration/working-holiday-visas/

Yes I'm in sydney and she in thailand, the visa she would be applying for is a visitor Visa for 3 months and I would be acting as a sponsor to cover her costs while she is here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP, It all comes down to flight risk. Reasons to return to Thailand.

Without a job, children etc in Thailand she may have problems as no reasons to return.

You will need to prove your relationship, photos, emails etc, that is more important than how much money you have or your citizenship.

 

.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a chance in the world.

 

She will have to apply on her own, you could put a letter in with her application as it would hurt, but she would have a better chance going through an agent I would think.

 

So you have been seeing her for 4 months, she is freelance model, you have enough money to support her stay, she has family which she has to support, which you can support if she stays with you.

 

I am only going to say this once, read between the lines, if you get it, all and good, if you don't, no doubt you will in time, I hope I'm wrong though.

 

Best of luck

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, It all comes down to flight risk. Reasons to return to Thailand.

Without a job, children etc in Thailand she may have problems as no reasons to return.

You will need to prove your relationship, photos, emails etc, that is more important than how much money you have or your citizenship.

 

.

 

We can prove a pretty decent looking relationship travelling around asia together alot of pictures a messages, but the biggest thing like you say is the reasons to return

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Not a chance in the world.

 

She will have to apply on her own, you could put a letter in with her application as it would hurt, but she would have a better chance going through an agent I would think.

 

So you have been seeing her for 4 months, she is freelance model, you have enough money to support her stay, she has family which she has to support, which you can support if she stays with you.

 

I am only going to say this once, read between the lines, if you get it, all and good, if you don't, no doubt you will in time, I hope I'm wrong though.

 

Best of luck

Yes she would be doing her own application through a well known Visa visa lawyer based in Australia who has helped alot of thai get to Australia but not many with my situation where I'm not a Australian citizen. 

 

Was looking to see if anybody has done something similar and can tell me if they think its worth trying or a waste of money 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gp93 said:

Was looking to see if anybody has done something similar and can tell me if they think its worth trying or a waste of money 

I think outside of the agency, it's going to be a hard one, what I would suggest as you are in Oz, is to contact them as soon as they open, as I applied for my then girlfriend in Australia for a tourist visa, me being an Oz citizen, she was approved, 2 months into the visa, she had a month to go and I wanted to extend it, I was told flatly NO, fortunately for me, the guy I spoke to, spoke the same language as me and said, unless your prepared to marry her and then get a bridging visa, she has to go back, so we got married about 2 weeks later after arranging it, and she remained in Oz 9 years with me, travelling to Thailand together when we needed too.

 

Now living in Thailand, with 2 kids from that relationship.

 

The reasons I said read between the lines is, if to get a good one here is like finding a needle in the haystack, so as I said, best of luck, and I meant that sincerely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gp93 said:

Yes she would be doing her own application through a well known Visa visa lawyer based in Australia who has helped alot of thai get to Australia but not many with my situation where I'm not a Australian citizen. 

 

Was looking to see if anybody has done something similar and can tell me if they think its worth trying or a waste of money 

If its a decent lawyer, they will advise if it may be a problem. Lawyers will know what to put in and what to leave out, answers to relevant questions etc.

I think you are worrying unnecessarily about not being an Australian citizen, It wont come into it, I have taken 2 girlfriends to Australia, I wrote invitation and support letters in both cases and cant recall mentioning or being asked my citizenship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I have taken 2 girlfriends to Australia

Both at the same time? I think further details are needed

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gp93 said:

Yes she would be doing her own application through a well known Visa visa lawyer based in Australia who has helped alot of thai get to Australia but not many with my situation where I'm not a Australian citizen. 

 

Was looking to see if anybody has done something similar and can tell me if they think its worth trying or a waste of money 

A big problem is your relationship is only 4 months old.

 

Also, when your girlfriend provides your details as a sponsor, Immigration

will be able to see you're on a working holiday visa.

This won't be in your favour as they more than likely will think you're bringing your girlfriend out to work as well.

I'm guessing as a "freelance model" her employment is sporadic at best.

 

The visa itself is only about $145 and I'm not sure what the agent would charge you.

It's a pretty basic application.

 

It wouldn't hurt to apply but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be too optimistic after being together for only four months. The travel history and being able to demonstrate returning home are the big ones, however if she doesn't have a full time job and has only travelled to countries around South East Asia that doesn't really prove anything. 

 

 

Edited by BobbyL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole point of the WH visa is that you have funds to support yourself if you don't find work - hence the $5K funds requirement. You're now proposing to the Immigration authorities that not only can you support yourself, but also her AND her family back home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Freelance model" - is that like a freelancer? :whistling:🤔

 

A 4 month relationship, OP is not an Aussie, gf I take it has no "proper" job ie proof of income, tax returns etc etc?

 

No chance.

 

RAZZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My situation is little bit different than what OP described but I would like to ask some advice anyway.

I am a EU citizen and can travel to Australia with e-visitor what I can apply online but obviously my Thai gf needs a visitor visa. Around next April we are planning a 10 days trip to Melbourne and Tasmania.
Just thinking what her chances would be to get a visa? We are traveling together During her university break and I will pay for the flights and living expenses. For a travel history, she have one expired schengen visa in her passport from our 5 weeks trip to Europe last summer and also visa free entry/exit stamps from Japan where we took a 5 days extended weekend trip.

i didn’t find any information about when non Aussie Citizen wants to have a holiday in Australia with his Thai girlfriend. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...