BANGKOK
rooster59

Right on time: Phuket Immigration explain TM30 and TM28 requirements for reporting foreigners

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Jomtien Immigration does not require a new TM30 report if, let's say an expat goes somewhere within in Thailand,and comes back to the same address. He just does his next 90 days report as usual. Jomtien Immigration do understand the problems with TM30 reporting for expats. But, if a Pattaya-expat leaves the country on a re-entry permit,then he is supposed to submit the TM30 at Jomtien Immigration when he comes back. That's because he now has a new Departure Card = TM6 with a new number. The old number is connected to the latest TM30 report. If Immigration police were smarter, the IO behind the TM30-desk or the IO behind the 90 days report desk could just change TM6-card number and entry date in the computer. So easy, really. 

The tm30 might make a little sense if you leave the country but for travel within the borders of Thailand it's stupid

5 minutes ago, Fred white said:

The tm30 might make a little sense if you leave the country but for travel within the borders of Thailand it's stupid

You're right. I'm happy I don't need to report when I come back from another province.

On 9/1/2019 at 9:06 AM, seajae said:

we went to Phuket yesterday to pick up some things and stayed overnight due to the heavy rain and too many idiots on the road then returning this morning, as we didnt stay away from our house for 24 hours we should not have to submit either forms going by the law as it is written, guess I will find out next week when I do my 90 day report.

I doubt you will get away with this, because if the Hotel has filed a TM30 that Hotel will turn up as your latest place of stay in the IO database.  Even if you stay only 1 hour after the TM30 has been filed by the Hotel, a new TM30 has to be filed to document your 'next stay'.

Please keep us informed

1 hour ago, Fred white said:

Stupid - - 

fast becoming the "hub of stupid" 

it is unbelievable how stupid these latest enforcements are becoming - -  just shows a complete lack of anything approaching intelligence.

Ok, re-entering the country there maybe a need to ensure your details are correct  - but for a 24 hour local visit, stupid in the extreme

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

Jomtien Immigration does not require a new TM30 report if, let's say an expat goes somewhere within in Thailand,and comes back to the same address. He just does his next 90 days report as usual. Jomtien Immigration do understand the problems with TM30 reporting for expats. But, if a Pattaya-expat leaves the country on a re-entry permit,then he is supposed to submit the TM30 at Jomtien Immigration when he comes back. That's because he now has a new Departure Card = TM6 with a new number. The old number is connected to the latest TM30 report. If Immigration police were smarter, the IO behind the TM30-desk or the IO behind the 90 days report desk could just change TM6-card number and entry date in the computer. So easy, really. 
No. If you search tm30 and Chonburi immigration you will find an interview with immigration. For long stay visas they dont need a tm30 for travel within Thailand but for tourist visas they do. There are several articles and an audio file.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/31/2019 at 1:47 PM, bearpolar said:

They prefer having people calling them monkeys not stayu in their country

they are trying to preserve thailand.

As much as the tm30 annoys me, i will never complain about it. I want Thailand to stay thais and i want whiny angry racist sexpats to go back home.  Immigrants have destroyed my country and i'd prefer if immigrants didnt destroy thailand.

Err you are an immigrant

On 8/31/2019 at 1:01 PM, losername said:

According to the full article the TM28 only has to be done on returning to your home location and the TM30 is done by the person (hotel in my case) where you stay while away.

Read carefull and keep in mind, the moment that the landlord files for a TM30, your adres is changed and therefore you need to report a change of adres. Again, if you get back at home... merry around...

3 hours ago, mngmn said:

Err you are an immigrant

Most are not immigrants, perhaps himself also unless he has PR/citizenship. That's why they call them non-immigrant visas.

Edited by lkv

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 3:49 PM, rooster59 said:

Foreigners just need to make sure that they fill in a TM28.

Then they need to explain what they are to immigration staff. I tried to do one in Chiang Mai and the officer didn't know what it was.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:09 PM, Vacuum said:

TM28 vs TM30, They are the same! On top of that, a TM47 is also required every 90 days.

They are not the same.

I went to an island on Friday for 3 nights the hotel I had booked did not ask me for my passport or any ID and I didn't fill anything out, I just paid for the 3 nights and left a 500 baht deposit they gave me the key and that was that.

Edited by Hooliganzone

1 hour ago, Hooliganzone said:

I went to an island on Friday for 3 nights the hotel I had booked did not ask me for my passport or any ID and I didn't fill anything out, I just paid for the 3 nights and left a 500 baht deposit they gave me the key and that was that.

the system is so full of holes it's a joke - but that's normal in LOS.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Artisi said:

the system is so full of holes it's a joke - but that's normal in LOS.

Yes,and many small hotels or guesthouses are not licensed even if you can book a room at, for example Agoda. Some small family hotels doesn't have a clue about TM30.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Yes,and many small hotels or guesthouses are not licensed even if you can book a room at, for example Agoda. Some small family hotels doesn't have a clue about TM30.

So So true. The average Thai wants nothing to go with any form of Gov official. Small hotels worried that occupancy number shared with Tax Dept.