BANGKOK
rooster59

Right on time: Phuket Immigration explain TM30 and TM28 requirements for reporting foreigners

Looks like things were more farang friendly under the previous governments ?🤔

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, legend49 said:

Compare the pair, Thailand and Russia. In Russia I have a 365 day business visa, my only requirement is on each 90th day I step in and out of the country. When I travel internally of Russia albeit, car, train, or fly there is a  seamless checking scan of my passport visa page by the FSB as well as asking where I am heading ( obviously flights they know where I am going). No useless paperwork, no lining up in many hours in queues, no fines, no aggressiveness.  So what is wrong with the monkeys here?

Um.... They're not Russian?

Edited by blackcab
Font normalised

59 minutes ago, lensta said:

I rent a house so how is the landlord supposed to know if I have been away or not.

You are right, and even more evident if the landlord lives abroad or far away.

However, the law is clear on this and it must be reported that a foreigner returned to his residence, failing to do so the owner of the property is eligible for a fine.

So if you have a foreigner staying in your premises, it is in everybody's interest that clear arrangements are made on this topic.

I agree that all this is very impractical and prone to errors/misunderstandings/confusion.

10 hours ago, legend49 said:

Compare the pair, Thailand and Russia. In Russia I have a 365 day business visa, my only requirement is on each 90th day I step in and out of the country. When I travel internally of Russia albeit, car, train, or fly there is a  seamless checking scan of my passport visa page by the FSB as well as asking where I am heading ( obviously flights they know where I am going). No useless paperwork, no lining up in many hours in queues, no fines, no aggressiveness.

I believe the 'monkeys' deal with a lot more rotten bananas here in Thailand including Russians..

12 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

There will be, probably made by the same 'programmer/s' who made the TM30.

Maybe the same team that brought us the online 90 day reports.  I wonder what happened to that.  Does it still work anywhere?

This is getting more confusing as it goes on. Have to admit I'd never heard of TM28 till just now. I downloaded it from the link below. It refers to having to inform the local police within 24 hours; so does this means a trip to immigration AND a trip to the local police?

If immigration really wants to keep a track on every non-thai's movements every time they spend the night at a new location, they could make it easier on us and on immigration by making the place to report to the immigration office OR local police station. Immigration for me is one hour drive one way whereas the local police is 10 minutes.

https://immigrationbangkok.com/thailand-immigration-forms/

Only the TM 30 is required by owner.

If the owner not available to do that then the guest can do alone with TM28.

Only one required. NOT both.

In the article it is not clearly stated that one is enough, hence the fuss.

Sent from my oppo f9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1