Right on time: Phuket Immigration explain TM30 and TM28 requirements for reporting foreigners

rooster59

41 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Yes,and many small hotels or guesthouses are not licensed even if you can book a room at, for example Agoda. Some small family hotels doesn't have a clue about TM30.

Fair to say probably 99% of Thai's have no idea or interest in Thai immigration / foreigners / rules and regulations - and why would they or should they, and that would include the majority married to or living with "Alians"

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

So So true. The average Thai wants nothing to go with any form of Gov official. Small hotels worried that occupancy number shared with Tax Dept.

Government officials keep saying that Immigration doesn't share info with the Tax Department. But, who knows? 

18 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Fair to say probably 99% of Thai's have no idea or interest in Thai immigration / foreigners / rules and regulations - and why would they or should they, and that would include the majority married to or living with "Alians"

They should because it's a law,and it affects expats who has to pay fines instead of hotel owners.

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Government officials keep saying that Immigration doesn't share info with the Tax Department. But, who knows? 

That's will change as each gov department gets computerised and develop databases. Then easy to share.  Immigration has a well developed data base.  Revenue dept not far behind. It's only the local gov mayors who collect property taxes that are lagging behind.

They should because it's a law,and it affects expats who has to pay fines instead of hotel owners.

Who should, the Thai population in general? 

Second point - not the expats responsibility if the hotel owner doesn't report them. 

9 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Who should, the Thai population in general? 

Second point - not the expats responsibility if the hotel owner doesn't report them. 

You do understand what s law is?

EVERY foreigner staying somewhere, hotel, guesthouse, resort,condo or even with your gf has to be reported by law. You get it?

BUT, if the hotel owner doesn't report you,so what?? That's not a problem. Sometimes that's the best thing ever if you're an expat. The problem is when your landlord refuses to report you,and you're staying in a province where the Immigration office don't allow self reporting without a POA or proxy from a missing/refusing landlord. The word possessor can also include the tenant if the rental contract is in his name. This is the part you don't understand. This "can" make you responsible to submit the TM30. It took me 20 min the last time I did it, incl.the copying of this and that. Better than 1600 baht which is the fine where I'm staying.If the TM30 is your biggest concern,then you're not fit to stay in Thailand. It's annoying, yes, but many things in life are.

EVERY foreigner staying somewhere, hotel, guesthouse, resort,condo or even with your gf has to be reported by law. You get it?

BUT, if the hotel owner doesn't report you,so what?? That's not a problem. Sometimes that's the best thing ever if you're an expat. The problem is when your landlord refuses to report you,and you're staying in a province where the Immigration office don't allow self reporting without a POA or proxy from a missing/refusing landlord. The word possessor can also include the tenant if the rental contract is in his name. This is the part you don't understand. This "can" make you responsible to submit the TM30. It took me 20 min the last time I did it, incl.the copying of this and that. Better than 1600 baht which is the fine where I'm staying.If the TM30 is your biggest concern,then you're not fit to stay in Thailand. It's annoying, yes, but many things in life are.

Your ok with a Foreigner staying with your GF as long as she does the paper work, send picture LoL ????.  Just joking

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

I think you out of line when telling another expat that if the TM30.....then they are not fit to stay in Thailand. You should apologise. Personally the TM30 is not a problem because I have the time but I think about other expats who may regularly travel around as part of a job or because their wives/family like to travel. You also have to consider that the TM30 enforcement is another in a line of problems that expats have to deal with; not that long ago it was a form about what expats did on the internet and FaceBook details, plus vehicle registration and bank account info etc.; recently it was embassies, who after of years of compliance, were then asked by Thai immigration for more and which the embassies felt they could not comply with (how many expats did that affect, a lot I'll bet); then the non O-A insurance situation and now TM30. Add to that the variation of the application of laws and immigration procedures that exists at different immigration offices. Expats are constantly reminded they they are 'guests' and at a government office I was more or less told that ALL expats should take a read/write Thai language exam (I mentioned this on another thread) and shown a folder apparently containing new rules for foreigners (wasn't shown the contents). So there is probably more on the way.

So please have a little compassion and understanding when giving your opinion or interpretation.

Seems you missed the whole point being made regarding the average Thai not knowing /understanding /or caring about Thai immigration laws /rules - the but never mind keeps you busy airing all that knowledge. 

6 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

I think you out of line when telling another expat that if the TM30.....then they are not fit to stay in Thailand. You should apologise. Personally the TM30 is not a problem because I have the time but I think about other expats who may regularly travel around as part of a job or because their wives/family like to travel. You also have to consider that the TM30 enforcement is another in a line of problems that expats have to deal with; not that long ago it was a form about what expats did on the internet and FaceBook details, plus vehicle registration and bank account info etc.; recently it was embassies, who after of years of compliance, were then asked by Thai immigration for more and which the embassies felt they could not comply with (how many expats did that affect, a lot I'll bet); then the non O-A insurance situation and now TM30. Add to that the variation of the application of laws and immigration procedures that exists at different immigration offices. Expats are constantly reminded they they are 'guests' and at a government office I was more or less told that ALL expats should take a read/write Thai language exam (I mentioned this on another thread) and shown a folder apparently containing new rules for foreigners (wasn't shown the contents). So there is probably more on the way.

So please have a little compassion and understanding when giving your opinion or interpretation.

How many Thais would be able to pass a read/write test I know my wife can't because when she was growing up it was more important for her to work on the farm then go to school. And she still hates her parents for that

2 minutes ago, Fred white said:

How many Thais would be able to pass a read/write test I know my wife can't because when she was growing up it was more important for her to work on the farm then go to school. And she still hates her parents for that.

I honestly think that whining about forms some posters don't understand how to submit,is incredible. Even after 15 pages of posts, some still don't understand why and how to do it. Immigration started to enforce the law about TM30 early this year,and even if it sucks just do it. It won't change in the near future. 

15 (at the moment) pages about what has been said by Phuket Immigration in a clearly marked PHUKET thread and maybe 10 people who are directly affected by what they said. Why not worry about your own Immigration offices- it brings nothing to what is going on in Phuket.

• 2 months later...

Because I simply don't make to follow all this "Tm" things included "Apps" whatever they are for and who I allow me to ask if anyone know if there are any update/change regarding Tm.28 / Tm.30 in Phuket recently? I also would like to ask specifically because I'm returning myself from Bangkok where I was a week due to surgery and then two weeks R&R in Hua Hin where I stayed at a friends condo. In Bangkok I believe the hospital accommodation reported me (at least they copied my passport) In Hua Hin I reported at Immigration myself (Allow me to mention that IO in Hua Hin was extremely efficient, friendly and seemed to have a very relaxed approach to any address reporting) Btw, I return to same address I have had for 20+ years in Phuket.

Thanks

Felt 

2 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Because I simply don't make to follow all this "Tm" things included "Apps" whatever they are for and who I allow me to ask if anyone know if there are any update/change regarding Tm.28 / Tm.30 in Phuket recently? I also would like to ask specifically because I'm returning myself from Bangkok where I was a week due to surgery and then two weeks R&R in Hua Hin where I stayed at a friends condo. In Bangkok I believe the hospital accommodation reported me (at least they copied my passport) In Hua Hin I reported at Immigration myself (Allow me to mention that IO in Hua Hin was extremely efficient, friendly and seemed to have a very relaxed approach to any address reporting) Btw, I return to same address I have had for 20+ years in Phuket.

Thanks

Felt 

There are 16 pages in this thread already and your question has been answered several times. I do recall that someone wrote that the TM30 isn't needed in Phuket when travelling inside Thailand and coming back to the last reported address. But who really knows? 

Archived