Flood Thailand

Yinn

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Yinn said:

How is today?

Water go down or not?

Thai news say maybe more rain today and tomorrow. Look terrible.

NCC1701A say maybe another big storm come, not sure yet.

Yinn the water was going down, then heavy rain from 11 last night, stopped raining about 9 this morning.

Things here are very serious, roads closed, schools closed ( some being used as shelters for people made homeless.

As you said electric/water off in Banphai, so far only water off at our home, electric still working.

I have read all the 5 pages ;

here in Sawang daen Din , Sakon Nakhon province ,  we had much wind and some rain but no floods .

Edit because in Charoen Sin district there are floods 

Yesterday no rain so I went to a little trip with my MTBike on red roads around Sawang ;

some places were very wet but with a MTBike we can go nearly everywhere ...

Last night a big storm and much water ; rain stopped at about 3 am ;

this morning rain is coming back and I think for all the day .

I am worried about my eldest daughter who is a doctor at That Phanom in Nakon Phanom province and also about his fiance who is captain in the river police between Nakon Phanom and Mukdahan. He works mainly on the Mekong which has to be dangerous these days with all these rains.
I have no news for a few days.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Yinn the water was going down, then heavy rain from 11 last night, stopped raining about 9 this morning.

Things here are very serious, roads closed, schools closed ( some being used as shelters for people made homeless.

As you said electric/water off in Banphai, so far only water off at our home, electric still working.

I understand very serious.

but if you read TVF news they say only 138 houses flooded!! And everyone just talk about TM30, international politic and why Vietnam so good!!! Unbelievable.

more rain is come today, tomorrow. And maybe another big storm coming later. I hope it miss Ban Pai.

good luck

18 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I understand very serious.

but if you read TVF news they say only 138 houses flooded!! And everyone just talk about TM30, international politic and why Vietnam so good!!! Unbelievable.

more rain is come today, tomorrow. And maybe another big storm coming later. I hope it miss Ban Pai.

good luck

Yinn if i could get out, i would post photos of the devastation around Banphai.

It must be a clown saying only 138 homes, from what my wife has shown me, it is a lot more than that.

I wish my only problem was TM 30, everywhere is good, as you say Vietnam, just a load of bo++++ks, here is perfectly ok.

Some people will moan about anything, just because they can.

Maybe the moaners can spare a minute to think about the poor people here who have lost everything.

Myself and my wife are fortunate, only damage we have suffered so far is 5 banana trees, and a bit of water in 1 of the upstairs bedrooms.

19 hours ago, Denim said:

For those people who are not sure what a lot of water looks like the expert in the green top is pointing it out.

Lots of rain here in lower Petchabun but no serious flooding.

I think really Denim he is saying ' Look we used to have a bridge here , now you see it is gone '.

16 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Yinn if i could get out, i would post photos of the devastation around Banphai.

It must be a clown saying only 138 homes, from what my wife has shown me, it is a lot more than that.

I wish my only problem was TM 30, everywhere is good, as you say Vietnam, just a load of bo++++ks, here is perfectly ok.

Some people will moan about anything, just because they can.

Maybe the moaners can spare a minute to think about the poor people here who have lost everything.

Myself and my wife are fortunate, only damage we have suffered so far is 5 banana trees, and a bit of water in 1 of the upstairs bedrooms.

With you all the way Colin , water in an upstairs bedroom sounds a bit of a worry though . Roof leaking or window left open ?

Just now, toofarnorth said:

With you all the way Colin , water in an upstairs bedroom sounds a bit of a worry though . Roof leaking or window left open ?

The rain was driving that hard, the water actually found its way through the joints.

Looks like we will have to replace the whole window with a new one.

24 minutes ago, colinneil said:

must be a clown saying only 138 homes, from what my wife has shown me, it is a lot more than that.

Because that was Friday news TVF post on Sunday.

The Thai news this the biggest story, but TVF don’t show it.

maybe because it not really popular farang area. They report if rain one hour in pattaya and the road get wet.

Thankyou for report true thing from there. 

Another one who die. 

Husband and wife try to escape together. But the water to strong. The wife go under the water, the husband try but can not safe the life. Very sad.

in Phichit.

AB4F2BBC-701B-471C-B987-BDC13CA43EEF.jpeg

F838248A-1CEA-4351-AEE7-1FE8A92A9430.jpeg

I'm in Pak Thong Chain, Korat. It's been raining nonstop all day but not really heavy, just consistent light rain. Everywhere is wet but no flooding. Very good for local farmers as it has been dry and dusty these past couple of months.

Terrible photos from elsewhere in NE. I used to live in KK, glad I'm not there now.

Does anyone know if any roads are closed/flooded on Hw 304 to Hw 331, from Korat - Kabinburi - Chonburi? This coming Sat I'm planning driving to Pattaya and don't want to get stuck anywhere. Hopefully this will all be over by Sat.

2 hours ago, TSF said:

Does anyone know if any roads are closed/flooded on Hw 304 to Hw 331, from Korat - Kabinburi - Chonburi? This coming Sat I'm planning driving to Pattaya and don't want to get stuck anywhere. Hopefully this will all be over by Sat.

Not sure. 

But I not think problem there. The big problem is noth more than there.

But more rain coming, so Saturday you should check it again.

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

the unnamed low pressure system has moved on shore.

Tropical Cyclone Formation WTPN21 behind it is still a few days away.

Latest position update.

wp9119.gif

Maybe it will be lucky. Rain a lot, fill the dam, for the rice, but not have flood.

9 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Good to be optimistic! ????

Can be.

if the rain not come next two days, after that, like NC say.

Now 90% drain already. 

If rain hard, but not very hard, might be ok.

Archived