Flood Thailand

Yinn

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

The devastation in Ubon and surroundings has been immense..the house with the red circle is mine.My stepson has remained to look after the dogs-sans water and electricity.

1568012835461.jpg

1568012869279.jpeg

Ah dude, that sucks, ya gonna make it ok?

what about the flooding from the dams?

That mainly affected one region round here ( Sena ), there is still some chance of flooding from the slowly rising river levels but I believe the risk is small.
There is no rain due here for a week or so and then I believe it might get pretty stormy !!

To be honest we are due a big downpour but it seems to get blown away every time.

8 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Ah dude, that sucks, ya gonna make it ok?

Thank you for kind response and being a true gentleman.

We have about a meter to go before all the furniture which was hastily stacked on my top floor will go under.

The problem was/is that the Mun river rose so rapidly that most people did not get away with anything much..it was simply a matter of fleeing and that the high ground (minimal in my area) has gone under as well.

Two days ago..it is nearly at the top floor today.

20190910072538.jpeg

15 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

The devastation in Ubon and surroundings has been immense..the house with the red circle is mine.My stepson has remained to look after the dogs-sans water and electricity.

wow that is bad. i hope you get through this OK.

latest Ubon radar shows fast moving rain heading northeast.

http://weather.tmd.go.th/ubnLoop.php

ubn240_latest.jpg

15 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

1568012835461.jpg

1568012869279.jpeg

sorry to see and hear about your predicament. 

hopefully the rain will halt and the water starts to recede.  

you and your family stay safe and you'll get through this.

Thank you Fred, Steven and NCC.

I must emphasize that I am not there-I am in Australia at present.

The hard work to save as much as possible is being done by my stepson and stepdaughter who have risen nobly to the occasion.I had to order my tough old mother-in-law out and have her evacuated by the army.

There are two dead in my village so far (that I know of) but everyone is expecting more as the villagers are now so dispersed that no-one knows where they all are.

Thank you Fred, Steven and NCC.

I must emphasize that I am not there-I am in Australia at present.

The hard work to save as much as possible is being done by my stepson and stepdaughter who have risen nobly to the occasion.I had to order my tough old mother-in-law out and have her evacuated by the army.

There are two dead in my village so far (that I know of) but everyone is expecting more as the villagers are now so dispersed that no-one knows where they all are.

Sorry to hear that Oddy, I hope the rains take a break and the water backs off enough to enable your family, and everyone affected by flooding, to salvage what is not water damaged but more importantly stay safe.

Yesterday in Ubon the woman in this house call for help to escape.

The escape people said can not help her. Because Prayut come, and everybody must prepare for him to come.

Sit down, waste time on plastic chair, listen to Prayut. Can not help the people. I not sure if the heroin dealer come or not also.

56AA413A-1A3A-4DB7-847F-A7C027CF876A.jpeg

D639311F-3D1D-4C7C-8C84-9A09C97B4D08.jpeg

D607BB68-B86E-4DA5-B7C5-4342616AA9FE.jpeg

31 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Steven, I understand you disagree but you need to take things at face value and not attach the messenger. Do you have means to confirm or deny the story?  

All the chairs in the tent don't look good when there is a real emergency going on. 

I hear ya Fred, I don't see too many bums in those chairs at the photo time so that means nothing, or were they out helping folks evacuate. ?   just saying …  but i'm not attacking the messenger, I just find it hard to be convinced those were what was said.  cheers.

14 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I hear ya Fred, I don't see too many bums in those chairs at the photo time so that means nothing, or were they out helping folks evacuate. ?   just saying …  but i'm not attacking the messenger, I just find it hard to be convinced those were what was said.  cheers.

Well Steven exactly the same thing happened on the 7th when ole Fatty did his photo shoot in KK.

So i actually believe what Yinn posted.

Many local government employees supposed to be helping  the flood victims, being diverted to make your pal and ole Fatty look good.

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry Yinn, I don't believe this story for one second. Evidence other than 'he said ' ?

Yes have more “evidence”.

Have screenshot of the conversation. Everything. 

But can not post for you. because the moderator say I can not post thai language thing. 

If you want, you could search yourself. Or if you have thai friend, ask them. 

i not care if you not believe. But good that thai people know the true thing about the government officers. 

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Well Steven exactly the same thing happened on the 7th when ole Fatty did his photo shoot in KK.

Many local government employees supposed to be helping  the flood victims, being diverted to make your pal and ole Fatty look good.

Why would I lie? 

Make fake photo? Fake Facebook site? Just to trick 20 people on the farang website? 

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

So they have the chair and tent for no reason? 

I think you just another weird guy who want to argue everything I say because I thai person. 

Just now, Yinn said:

So they have the chair and tent for no reason? 

I think you just another weird guy who want to argue everything I say because I thai person. 

calm down   !  …..  mai pen rai .   It's not a big deal, why get upset just because of this.  lol 

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

calm down   !  …..  mai pen rai .   It's not a big deal, why get upset just because of this.  lol 

I not upset about you. 

But 30+ people die, thousand house gone, business, farm animals etc.

And get the idiot here want to say everything lie, not the big flood, remove my true thing, want to say and argue stupid thing. 

Who I believe? The real people post “evidence” or some weird guy who not know about anything?

Unfortunately this happens worldwide too, president/prime minister using natural disasters and people’s suffering as a tool.

The correct thing to do would be to hold a press conference in their government office or tv studio asking for solidarity/donations to help the cause but also stating the reason for them not going in person is to avoid diverting the needed rescue resources.

Also a visit after the worst is over to continue the assistance required for the victims would be a great help.

All too often, in cases like this, when the flood water subsides people forget about the suffering locals are still going through.

Archived