Mukdahan expat occasional social gathering??

ttl

Pale faces are few and far between, and have wondered if there is a place where they meet for a natter occasionally

Please advise if  there is such  a location.  Also I have heard there is a small golf course but have not found it, also a  public swimming pool. See you later Vince

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Mukdahan in Feb on a visa run to Savanakhet and there was an area which was probably  a soi that had been pedestrianised and it was full of small eateries.. At the back end, where it opened out into a small square, there were quite a few Brits were turning up with their other halves. This was a Friday night. We were back there on Sunday evening and more Brits were there, might have been visa runners, but the bar at the SE part of this square was showing Premier League game live. Some very nice food there. Its near the centre of town on the 2034 heading south. About 350 metres from where this road goes into 2 lanes on the south side. Right across the road there is a PTT petrol station with a 7/11. The google earth coordinates are lat 16.534340 lon 104.731778. 

Hope this helps.

On 9/19/2019 at 6:23 PM, tso310 said:

I was in Mukdahan in Feb on a visa run to Savanakhet and there was an area which was probably  a soi that had been pedestrianised and it was full of small eateries.. At the back end, where it opened out into a small square, there were quite a few Brits were turning up with their other halves. This was a Friday night. We were back there on Sunday evening and more Brits were there, might have been visa runners, but the bar at the SE part of this square was showing Premier League game live. Some very nice food there. Its near the centre of town on the 2034 heading south. About 350 metres from where this road goes into 2 lanes on the south side. Right across the road there is a PTT petrol station with a 7/11. The google earth coordinates are lat 16.534340 lon 104.731778. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks tso310

Someone else mentioned this place to me as well, though I've only seen it and not stopped as yet.

Craighj

Archived