Non Immi O Marriage Certificate

I have all my documents in order ready to apply for a Non Immigrant O visa based on Marriage but I am seeking clarification on the exact requirements of the marriage certificate. We were married 26 years ago in the UK and I have a copy of the certificate. When we moved to Thailand 12 years ago, we had the certificate translated to Thai and I have a copy of that too.

My question is - will the certificate from 12 years ago be acceptable or will I have to provide another one with a stamp from the last few days, weeks or months?

I will be going to either Savannakhet or HCMC depending on the floods in Isaan.

Edited by DumbFalang
Forgot to mention which consulate

Are you planning on apply for a non-o visa at an embassy or consulate or do you plan on applying for an extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration?

Your marriage certificate from the UK will be accepted at embassy or consulate.

You will need to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage that immigration requires to apply for an a extension.

If you marriage certificate has been legalized before it should be accepted now.

28 minutes ago, DumbFalang said:

My question is - will the certificate from 12 years ago be acceptable or will I have to provide another one with a stamp from the last few days, weeks or months?

I will be going to either Savannakhet or HCMC depending on the floods in Isaan.

Yes it will be accepted. You don't need a translation or KR.22.

• Like 1