BANGKOK
topt

Retox Lengkee - no more baht buster breakfast

For those of you who ate there I was told today that tomorrow will be the last day they serve the 99 baht breakfast. 

Not only that but the bar will run out of the steel container and they will give up the main building - not sure when that happens.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

no more baht buster breakfast

Image result for crying cartoon

Image result for crying cartoon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They sell loads and loads of 99 Baht breakfast I am not sure I believe this..

I did start the "Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent" thread.

Some posts discussed that quality and choice could be effected here in the future, for example, no specials being offered, like the baht buster breakfast, in this case.

I never considered downsizing would be a way to survive in the current conditions, but it is possible, and whilst downsizing can reduce expenses, it doesn't bring western tourists to Thailand / Pattaya. 

There's only so much you can downsize, before the realization that a downsized establishment is not a viable business also. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Selling loads and loads of a certain product with a small loss, doesn't create a profit at the end of the day.

I was informed, by someone who can know, several months ago already that Retox are having difficult financial times.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

Selling loads and loads of a certain product with a small loss, doesn't create a profit at the end of the day.

Likewise, selling only a few of a certain product, but at high profit margins, can only work for so long.

Thai Economics 101:  "Money go down, put price up." 

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, barmatt said:

Cheap Charlies breakfast is way better.

Tried it once after it opened. Not bad but it was just too hot in there. One of the main benefits, to me anyhow, of Retox Lengkee was that it had air con.

12 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Try going there tomorrow, or any day next week, for the 99 baht breakfast and find out for yourself. 

14 hours ago, properperson said:

if they are only using the shipping containers - where's the kitchen going to be ?

Yes I was wondering that but didn't get into that level of detail.

19 minutes ago, topt said:

Tried it once after it opened. Not bad but it was just too hot in there. One of the main benefits, to me anyhow, of Retox Lengkee was that it had air con.

True about aircon benefits at retox. I always get a table under the fan at CC and its usually in the mornings, so the heat hasnt peaked yet.