until we can get fully operational and open again for the breakfast menu

Perhaps semantics but it leaves the door open to not offer the "baht buster"

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, topt said:

As you posted it says 

Perhaps semantics but it leaves the door open to not offer the "baht buster"

Perhaps, but I expect they will offer a cheap English style breakfast as it has served them will for some time. 

1 hour ago, topt said:

This is information from one of the owners/backers or just your opinion?

The breakfast may come back but personally I don't think it will be at 99 baht. Happy to be proved wrong :thumbsup:

Those greedy pigs already raised the cost of the breakfast from 98 baht to 99 baht......

17 hours ago, topt said:

The breakfast may come back but personally I don't think it will be at 99 baht. Happy to be proved wrong

I know what you think , but they sold 200++ breakfasts every day, with only  99 baht you need a profit and I think they only earn 20 baht on the bahtbuster breakfast
But it drives customers in to drink, and their lunch specials are also popular. 

18 hours ago, topt said:

This is information from one of the owners/backers or just your opinion?

The breakfast may come back but personally I don't think it will be at 99 baht. Happy to be proved wrong :thumbsup:

The hood on soi 2 Pratumnak does a 99 baht breakfast in a nice environment with nice staff.

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The hood on soi 2 Pratumnak does a 99 baht breakfast in a nice environment with nice staff.

They've closed their doors for good, happened a couple of months ago. 

17 hours ago, Leaver said:

I think there will be a few more closing their doors early 2020, or at the end of their current lease.

As there has always been (especially the ones serving <deleted> food in the middle of nowhere)

And there will also be new openings early 2020 with new leases.

But please just ignore them, until they close and they can then be used for your annual dose of wishful thinking.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:59 AM, Ling Kae said:

There are better and cheaper breakfasts around anyway. Chunky Monkey and Hungry Hippo on soi Buakhao do various breakfasts under 100 baht and they are both air conditioned and outdoor too. Just go past anytime and they both have many customers.

Tried Chunky monkey yesterday - cheaper yes with a 79 baht offering but not directly comparable as no juice, only one slice of toast and from memory no beans? Sausage was better. If you only want a small breakfast then ok.

Hungry Hippo was much better especially as free refill of your soft beverage of choice. However inside last Wednesday was just too cold - or at least where I was sitting.

Will try Cheap Charlie again next week but problem for me there is no convenient parking for a car.

Does anybody know if Killkenny's still does a competitively priced breakfast?

7 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

As there has always been (especially the ones serving <deleted> food in the middle of nowhere)

And there will also be new openings early 2020 with new leases.

But please just ignore them, until they close and they can then be used for your annual dose of wishful thinking.

For example, if 30 close, and only 5 open up, that's a loss of 25 establishments catering to westerners, but you keep up your wishful thinking for the 5.  ????

17 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

I knows this is about breakfast, but saw an advertisement for Devonshire the other day.

Aircon room with free wifi - free breakfast - free daily special and unlimited free yorkshire tea for 800 Baht .

Must be hard times out there

Their breakfast special is 199 baht.  It's a good breakfast.    I think their daily dinner specials are around 250 baht, but don't quote me on that.

That means they are renting the rooms out for around 350 baht a night, probably in the hope someone staying will drink alcohol there, or buy other meal or snacks.

Good food at there.  I hope they are one of the places that survive.

8 hours ago, topt said:

Tried Chunky monkey yesterday - cheaper yes with a 79 baht offering but not directly comparable as no juice, only one slice of toast and from memory no beans? Sausage was better. If you only want a small breakfast then ok.

Hungry Hippo was much better especially as free refill of your soft beverage of choice. However inside last Wednesday was just too cold - or at least where I was sitting.

Will try Cheap Charlie again next week but problem for me there is no convenient parking for a car.

Does anybody know if Killkenny's still does a competitively priced breakfast?

Huge free car park opposite Bake 'n Brew on Soi Xcite. 2 minutes walk from there. Personally I don't bother with the walk as the food in Bake n Brew is far better.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Huge free car park opposite Bake 'n Brew on Soi Xcite. 2 minutes walk from there. Personally I don't bother with the walk as the food in Bake n Brew is far better.

You must walk very fast is all I can say :thumbsup:

I can park at the top of Soi Lengkee as I was doing and walk down but still a pain if raining or very hot.

Yes Bake n Brew quality is higher but how much is their equivalent breakfast including tee and juice? 

3 minutes ago, topt said:

I can park at the top of Soi Lengkee as I was doing and walk down but still a pain if raining or very hot.

Yes Bake n Brew quality is higher but how much is their equivalent breakfast including tee and juice? 

If you have to ask, you can't afford it. You get what you pay for. My wife always pays, so I've really no idea of prices anywhere.

There's also a car park just behind the Triangle. 20 baht, I think, and you can park your car undercover.

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Their breakfast special is 199 baht.  It's a good breakfast.    I think their daily dinner specials are around 250 baht, but don't quote me on that.

I used to go there for their breakfasts and some of their dinner specials about 5 years ago or so. Then they put their prices up plus some other gripes moved me on.....

10 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Disappointingly crass no........(and I am not referring to the band)

I was asking so anybody else reading could make a comparison.

Their rent and key money was ridiculously high. That building was up for rent for long time and from memory rent was 150000 plus 1.5 million keymoney.

Most likely greedy landlord has decided to up the rent and/or keymoney for contract renewal 

15 hours ago, topt said:

Yes.

My opinion is B and Brew is the best quailty breakfast in the area.

These 99b or close places seem to have poor quality.

And the coffee is instant.

B and B fresh squeeze OJ and freshly ground coffee.

The 189 Baht Big Breakfast at The Swan on Soi 13/2 (Yamoto) is my reccommendation.

2 bacon, 2 eggs, fresh tomato, sausage, baked beans, hash brown, black pud, fried bread, 2 toast and marmalade, OJ, tea or coffee mug + 1 refill. Could only be improved by changing the US hash brown for fresh mushroom, portobello preferably.

2 hours ago, champers said:

The 189 Baht Big Breakfast at The Swan on Soi 13/2 (Yamoto) is my reccommendation.

2 bacon, 2 eggs, fresh tomato, sausage, baked beans, hash brown, black pud, fried bread, 2 toast and marmalade, OJ, tea or coffee mug + 1 refill. Could only be improved by changing the US hash brown for fresh mushroom, portobello preferably.

The big guns are coming out now ..... lol ..

Archived