Retox Lengkee - no more baht buster breakfast

topt

On 9/8/2019 at 8:34 AM, champers said:

The 189 Baht Big Breakfast at The Swan on Soi 13/2 (Yamoto) is my reccommendation.

2 bacon, 2 eggs, fresh tomato, sausage, baked beans, hash brown, black pud, fried bread, 2 toast and marmalade, OJ, tea or coffee mug + 1 refill. Could only be improved by changing the US hash brown for fresh mushroom, portobello preferably.

Agree with you champers & there is a smaller version for us old ones that can't eat as much 

Swan Big.jpg

Swan Small.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, gerrygoat said:

Agree with you champers & there is a smaller version for us old ones that can't eat as much 

Swan Big.jpg

Swan Small.jpg

The Big One is a bit too much for me sometimes. If I downsize to the Early Bird I will have to add the black pud; 30 Baht if memory serves correctly.

On 9/8/2019 at 2:34 PM, champers said:

The 189 Baht Big Breakfast at The Swan on Soi 13/2 (Yamoto) is my reccommendation.

2 bacon, 2 eggs, fresh tomato, sausage, baked beans, hash brown, black pud, fried bread, 2 toast and marmalade, OJ, tea or coffee mug + 1 refill. Could only be improved by changing the US hash brown for fresh mushroom, portobello preferably.

What did they give you in the 99 baht breakfast? Can anyone show / describe?...

On September 8, 2019 at 3:24 AM, bkk6060 said:

Yes.

My opinion is B and Brew is the best quailty breakfast in the area.

These 99b or close places seem to have poor quality.

And the coffee is instant.

B and B fresh squeeze OJ and freshly ground coffee.

Yes very true, great grub and cakes at B-B, I also stopped with the 99 baht specials. I'd rather spend a little extra for quality, and a decent sausage, not a hot dog.

41 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Yes very true, great grub and cakes at B-B, I also stopped with the 99 baht specials. I'd rather spend a little extra for quality, and a decent sausage, not a hot dog.

Dead right about the sausage issue. Those hot dogs are dreadful.  First thing i check with British Breakfast.

6 hours ago, RickG16 said:

What did they give you in the 99 baht breakfast? Can anyone show / describe?...

If you mean the baht buster -

2 eggs, 2 bits of bacon, 2 (very skinny) sausages, tomato, baked beans, black pudding, fried potatoes, toast/fried bread, juice and tea or coffee. Originally it also included mushrooms but they disappeared a long time ago.

38 minutes ago, topt said:

If you mean the baht buster -

2 eggs, 2 bits of bacon, 2 (very skinny) sausages, tomato, baked beans, black pudding, fried potatoes, toast/fried bread, juice and tea or coffee. Originally it also included mushrooms but they disappeared a long time ago.

It goes to show how long it is since I ate there! Had mushrooms and half decent sausages back in the day.

More recently ate at Retox Game on but prices went up and quality/quantity went down.

Here's the current breakfast offer, with inferior sausages now.

image.thumb.png.020e6c9a96cbac89650d7d714b71c369.png

295 baht (£7. 80) for large breakfast. £5.30 in Wetherspoons UK, with decent sausage.

They're 'avin a giraffe!

Never eaten there but that Retox menu doesnt look that cheap.........i know they have overheads etc but still looks pricey..........bangers/mash 275baht thats over 7 pound for   2 sausages and mash!!!!

An aside Foodland have a promotion on buy one get one free that includes Bowmans pies (in the first freezer) steak/kidney and chicken mushroom 87 baht for 2.........offer on till 14th sept?..........ive stocked up already so fill yer boots

5 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Never eaten there but that Retox menu doesnt look that cheap

Retox game On in Soi Honey has always been more expensive then Retox Lengkee but quality was generally higher.

The sausage in the breakfasts is certainly better than the ones you get at Lengkee - or was last time I had it in June.

They do/did a special "Golfers" breakfast for 130 baht (you need to be playing with them or get a special discount card) which is more than ample including tea/coffee and juice.

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

It goes to show how long it is since I ate there! Had mushrooms and half decent sausages back in the day.

More recently ate at Retox Game on but prices went up and quality/quantity went down.

image.thumb.png.020e6c9a96cbac89650d7d714b71c369.png

295 baht (£7. 80) for large breakfast. £5.30 in Wetherspoons UK, with decent sausage.

They're 'avin a giraffe!

Very expensive and I would guess that it is probably aimed at tourists rather than those living here permanently. If I was for spending cracking on for 300 Baht on brekky I would go for the Coffee Clubs BETT; bacon, eggs, tomatoes and toast. Comes with coffee and the ingredients are top notch, particularly the sourdough buttered toast. Quality can vary from branch to branch in regard to how it is cooked. A bad chef can ruin any meal, regardless of the quality of ingredients.

1 minute ago, champers said:

A bad chef can ruin any meal, regardless of the quality of ingredients.

The story of many restaurants in Pattaya. Retox Game On is a good example. When it first opened the food was outstanding. Within months they lost the original chef and standareds noticably dipped. Have changed chefs a number of times, each time the food gets less appealing.

9 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The story of many restaurants in Pattaya. Retox Game On is a good example. When it first opened the food was outstanding. Within months they lost the original chef and standareds noticably dipped. Have changed chefs a number of times, each time the food gets less appealing.

That is what I like about The Swan; standard is consistently high, not pot luck in terms of quality. The cook is a diamond.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:41 AM, topt said:

Tried it once after it opened. Not bad but it was just too hot in there. One of the main benefits, to me anyhow, of Retox Lengkee was that it had air con.

And it takes a whole lotta 99 baht 'baht busters' to pay for that aircon.

6 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

They're 'avin a giraffe!

A baht bus is maybe 10 baht each way and a motocy taxi could be as much as 200 baht. However, the best r/t airfare to the UK is still about 18k baht right now so I can't see Wetherspoon's sucking up the Pattaya low-season, balloon-chasing breakfast club members just yet.

6 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Never eaten there but that Retox menu doesnt look that cheap.........i know they have overheads etc but still looks pricey..........bangers/mash 275baht thats over 7 pound for   2 sausages and mash!!!!

An aside Foodland have a promotion on buy one get one free that includes Bowmans pies (in the first freezer) steak/kidney and chicken mushroom 87 baht for 2.........offer on till 14th sept?..........ive stocked up already so fill yer boots

Be sure and post when you find any meat in your Bowman's pies.

3 hours ago, champers said:

Very expensive and I would guess that it is probably aimed at tourists rather than those living here permanently.

You mean those trapped between pension checks? They can still schlepp-schlepp to Big C Klang, stock up on (6) small eggs and the cheapest bacon and fake a Wetherspoon's any time they like in the privacy of their windowless, 500 baht/m fan room, just off Arunotai. What's this fascination with trying to impress other poor old men on Buakhao by ordering big cooked breakfasts anyway?

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You mean those trapped between pension checks? They can still schlepp-schlepp to Big C Klang, stock up on (6) small eggs and the cheapest bacon and fake a Wetherspoon's any time they like in the privacy of their windowless, 500 baht/m fan room, just off Arunotai. What's this fascination with trying to impress other poor old men on Buakhao by ordering big cooked breakfasts anyway?

I'm not poor yet, nor old - late middle age. When I lived back in the UK I made myself a big breakfast every Sunday and now I live here I like to eat one every now and then. By trial and error, I have picked The Swan for my fix. It impresses me and that is enough for me.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

A baht bus is maybe 10 baht each way and a motocy taxi could be as much as 200 baht. However, the best r/t airfare to the UK is still about 18k baht right now so I can't see Wetherspoon's sucking up the Pattaya low-season, balloon-chasing breakfast club members just yet.

As others have said, Retox game on caters mainly for tourists. Those from the UK will make the inevitable comparison. One of the most expensive breakfasts in Pattaya now and not the best. 295 baht for a full English is way over the top, whether you're an expat or a tourist.

6 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Who's rattled your cage today? I suggest that you go back to bed and get out of the other side.

I was thinking the same thing.............but i/ll be having one tomorrow so i/ll post a pic..........i/d like to see you make one for 43 baht......

On 9/11/2019 at 2:29 PM, NanLaew said:

And it takes a whole lotta 99 baht 'baht busters' to pay for that aircon.

I know a guy who has a popular restaurant/bar here.

He told me they make more money off a coffee or tea order then they do selling the inexpensive breakfast specials. Charging 50 or 60 b for an instant coffee or cheap tea.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I know a guy who has a popular restaurant/bar here.

He told me they make more money off a coffee or tea order then they do selling the inexpensive breakfast specials. Charging 50 or 60 b for an instant coffee or cheap tea.

Cheapeskate 555. Most places do coffee and tea free with an English breakfast.

Archived