Is there an afterlife?

ivor bigun

As most of you that are discusing my other topic about God know,i am not a believer,but there have been many afterlife experiances,have you heard of one,have you "died" and come back,have you had a supernatural experience?

If you tell me about yours i will tell you about mine, believe me it did happen but i still dont really believe. So you go first

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is an interesting trend in Silicon Valley these days where people are looking to modify their perception of time to achieve "longevity". If you think about the fact that you can experience days of time in a dream that lasts only minutes, you can understand why this is being pursued. With the concept of time perception in this fashion, one can imagine that the mind, at the moment of death, might create a reality that is perceived to be very long - hence the feeling that there is an afterlife. Fascinating stuff to say the least.

I believe most people that have a unique "other-world" experience...experience of a fraction of a second...obtain a glimpse...then return to reality.

One that I have never forgotten...because I did not want to return to the real world...the greatest peace and feeling of wellbeing ever...I long to return there...????

13 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

I believe most people that have a unique "other-world" experience...experience of a fraction of a second...obtain a glimpse...then return to reality.

One that I have never forgotten...because I did not want to return to the real world...the greatest peace and feeling of wellbeing ever...I long to return there...????

My all-to-brief experience of "enlightenment" involved the destruction of my ego (the concept of "self") which left me feeling I was just a "reflection" of a single consciousness that pervaded everything. With this, the concept of death disappeared, leaving the question of "who died?"

It started with high temperature, and later it felt like going in to a short coma. I saw a tunnel, and at the end it stand a sign "No TM30 Allowed". Somebody put a stamp on a paper. It read stay forever, we accept you as one of us. I also had the possibility to look at a flyer, where it was possible to own your own house. 

Yeah, needless to say, after that I returned to life and woke up. Still a little bit hot and sweat was pouring down my shoulders. I turned around and there she was, smiling saying good night.

wow first gods and now after life, I never read any of the god thread but I'm wondering - are you dying? I mean we're all dying that but is it imminent? no disrespect intended.. 
Well ime getting older,but not yet i hope ,mind you ,ive got a sore knee at the moment [emoji1]

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

i am not a believer,but there have been many afterlife experiences,have you heard of one,have you "died" and come back,have you had a supernatural experience?

A bit contradictory IMO what do you mean you believe in life after death or the later part of your personal life. ?

I died and came back hearing my Thai wife shouting don't leave me. ????

Anything close to believing anything are sleep dreams that appear reality until you fall out of bed.

The answer is no, the same way you answer "no" to questions about unicorns, mermaids and santa claus.  It's in the same basket. 

But if you want to pretend it's a possibility, then your chances of being right increase to 50/50.  But not really.  And you'll still never know.   So why waste time faffing about with it? 

29 minutes ago, EricTh said:

You are living in Thailand and not the west.

You should go and learn Buddhism and you will get your answer.

Yeah, Thailand and buddhism has all the answers, and are just keeping it to themselves. 

Nice topic!!!To open up a can of worms,what about a pre-life?

Why would you exist after death and not before you came to life?

I think people who claim they died and came back to life never really died,their mind was just playing tricks on them.

I have always believed that there is no God and that when you die you just go back to the earth and become part of it.
But,when i was younger about 19 i worked in a large store there was no hire purchase and people used to put stuff away for xmas and paid in for it for months,we used to store it in an old office block in row after row,when we were there we always could hear someone walking in the passages outside,and parcels were moved about almost every night ,long story short,this went on and on for months ,there was no way anyone could get in,and we always joked about a ghost there.more happened that i wont bore you with,but on the last day one of the girls and myself had taken the last of the parcels down the stairs and put them on the trolly to take back to the store,when she gave a small scream and called my name and i looked back up the stairs and saw an old guy smiling then he dissapeared.
I know it sounds crazy but it happened we both saw him and lots of staff and heard and seen the other things.
Later we learnt that an old office manager had died there.

What difference to your current life would it make if there is an afterlife?

And if there is an afterlife maybe it's more like heaven or maybe more like hell, who knows?

I think it's useless to speculate about it. We don't know and even if a few people tell us they had so and so experience does not mean we will have the same. 

So basically maybe there is something or maybe there is nothing and whatever that maybe is might be better or worse. Yeah, great, very helpful.

My mom passed away almost 4 years ago. About 2 weeks after she was gone, there was a item in my house that she had given me about 20 years ago that was turned around. I noticed it right away and knew immediately that it was a sign from her and that she had visited my house. (I live alone so someone else didn't do it). I put the item back to its original position. The same thing happened about 8 times over the following 12 months.

A few weeks before her first anniversary of passing, someone asked me if I ever had a sign from her, (apparently this person is into this stuff), and he stated that sometimes they will hang around for one year. About two weeks later, the item was moved again, and this was the last time, about one year from her being gone.  I took that conversation experience of her working thru that person to let me know that she would finally be moving on. I didn't realize that at the time, except that she didn't come to my house and move the item again after that time.

True story. I have a bunch of brothers and sisters, none of them had any similar experience. I was very close to my mom and was my parents primary care taker. They were both in their 90's.

Prior to this, I wouldn't have believed in a after life and skeptical. After this, I know/believe that there has to be something happening after.

Archived