SUNSHIELD MET PE INSULATION

sanook 1

Actually thats really designed to run and sit on the rafters directly under the metal sheets or under tiling battens.

I used it as sarking felt though its nowhere near as rigid.

Fixing internally will be a real pain and awkward because its about 1350 wide. The only easy way to fit it would be to find some timber battens and trap the foil down the slope of the rafter and drill right thro into the steel. Its a job needing three hands.

If you are going to trouble of doing that that why not buy some cheap encapsulated roll insulation and fix it exactly the same way.

Easier all round to buy rolls and roll it out on your new ceiling

Edit...just noticed, its the ethafoam rflective, 5mm thick.

Much easier to manage but would probably fix same way.

Mine was just the untearable reflective foil.

2 hours ago, sanook 1 said:

want to Put insulation between the existing metal sheets(roof) and plasterboards with downlights,is this a good choice?

Many way of installing insulation.

As you have existing roof working from underside an easy way would be installing thick foam board, then install your ceiling of choice.

21 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Many way of installing insulation.

As you have existing roof working from underside an easy way would be installing thick foam board, then install your ceiling of choice.

Very good suggestion,think i will consider this. Thanks! 

Of course your idea has problems, but let's cut to the chase. Properly insulating a roof can be done by following directions of a method proven to work. In the 21st century such things are easy to learn on the internet and free. I never understand why people's first impulse is to burn the manufacturer instructions, ignore the knowledge of experts and mankind, not use the oracle of wisdom with all the answers sitting in their pocket, and instead think up something themselves in a vacuum. It's just bound to be an inferior outcome and for what gain?

Archived