Almost denied at Suvarnabhumi airport

59 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Well if they make this "You help me - I help you" a consistent service, I'm sure there will be takers. I wouldn't be worried about their reputation, if I were them, most foreigners consider them corrupt pigs anyway.

I won't give details but they do offer "worry free" entry at some BKK airport now. It's disgusting but not surprising. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

No I did no looking or reading further into it,

Scaremonging, generating views for ad purposes, government propaganda, agents, paid visa options promoters. I could give you so many possible scenarios. I can assure you there is "pollution".

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, donnacha said:

@Farangland Thanks for sharing your experience here.

I think the phrase "make the passport thicker" is beautiful and exactly echoes the culture around this stuff.

It would be very helpful if you could indicate how much thicker - did you have to give him the entire $700?

Exactly what I asked. 

Was he told how thick to make it? What dimensions did it have when it got accepted? 

What are the going " measurements"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Would I be wildly off if I guessed that the amount would be roughly in the region of $100 / €100 / 3,000 THB?

One report I read in the past that I believe in, mentioned 100 USD, I think he was Asian.

Another guy on METV got away with 1,000 baht at Phuket, posted it on Facebook (Thai Visa Advice), but got deleted quickly by the mods. But that was last year I think.

I assume that your estimation is accurate.

Edited by lkv
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, madmen said:

Just quoting stats. So many trolls reporting IO screaming.
.. You go we not want you here..what total complete nonsense!

Personalities or appearances can maybe rub an IO the wrong way. And from my observations, in those immigration lines there are a lot having one or both characteristics that can bother the overworked IO, which could possibly then nurture contempt, which then could rub off on one or more undeserving of the bash. For me, I find their job as having to deal with all sorts of type of travelers not fun. I probably would get perturbed a lot. I would gather out of 100 people, I might be annoyed 10 times. In renewals and other things like 90 day check in, I have cringed hearing some foreigners speak out, and then actually smiled when the IO got a little hot under their collar. So it is not hard for m to believe. 

• Like 1

90% of the IO Are happy to get bribed. The problems at the airports are the cameras. That’s why I so much better to be a regular cop in Thailand than an IO. I know more or less what normal IO’s at the airports get as salary. So their direct  supervisors one level above are still below 40k Baht/month. 500-1000Baht should be enough. 

• Like 1