Podiatrist, or similar?

Wandr

I see there is no entry for podiatrist in the doctors' list.

For someone who has experience, what would be the next best alternative for a foot issue? I see a Dr Chanakarn mentioned for sports related issues, which may work. There is also another doctor at Rajavej mentioned for foot/ankle surgery. Any recommendations? I don't think surgery is called for, but some kind of support may be necessary.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, MrBrad said:

One of the few podiatrists in all of Thailand is Dirk Weeber at the Podology Center in the San Sai / Doi Saket area.

More information here: http://www.mft-thailand.com/ 

I'll second this.  His clinic is modern, he and his partner are very skilled. And he solved foot problems for me that had been plaguing me (and a slew of physicians) for years. He is NOT a podiatrist though... He is a podologist, German-trained as is his Thai partner. Not an MD, so unable to do invasive procedures. That said, what he can, and had done for me, was nothing short of miraculous.

On 9/1/2019 at 3:26 PM, FolkGuitar said:

... unable to do invasive procedures ...

@FolkGuitar

So, he could not get an embedded sliver of glass out ? This damned sliver has, seemingly, wakened from hibernation, probably from demonic influences.

thanks, o:37;

5 hours ago, orang37 said:

@FolkGuitar

So, he could not get an embedded sliver of glass out ? This damned sliver has, seemingly, wakened from hibernation, probably from demonic influences.

thanks, o:37;

Ummm..... no. He CAN get it out, provided he doesn't need to use a scalpel to pass through the skin into the underlying sub-dermal tissue. He can't cut you open and sew you back up, and can not prescribe medication.

He removed what looked like entire Sequoia trees from under my nails. Wood, canvas, straw, and God only knows what else embedded from years of Martial Arts kicking at Makiwara!

Archived