Chiang Mai, Shanghai discuss early preparedness against haze

rooster59

Chiang Mai, Shanghai discuss early preparedness against haze

tewit kemtong

Chiang-Mai-haze-situation-update-2.jpg

SHANGHAI (NNT) - Chiang Mai Provincial Governor Supachai Iamsuwan, has discussed the annual northern haze issue with Li Yiping, the Vice President of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC), Shanghai Committee, in Shanghai City.

The Chiang Mai provincial Governor is visiting Shanghai at the invitation of the Chinese Consulate General in Chiang Mai to promote the Sister City relationship between Chiang Mai and Shanghai and to seek cooperation to moderate Chiang Mai’s haze problem by learning from Shanghai’s experience. Inaddition, Chiang Mai and Shanghai will jointly promote tourism with a focus on study tours.

The Chiang Mai provincial governor complimented the deputy Shanghai council chairman on the good relations between the two cities and the opportunity to learn about Shanghai’s solution to haze problems with the use of scientific technology developed by the Chinese Academy of Sciences. The Chiang Mai provincial governor called for cooperation in the making of Nano Filters and Safety Rooms in order to eliminate Chiang Mai’s haze problem.

nnd.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2019-09-01

4 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The Chiang Mai provincial governor called for cooperation in the making of Nano Filters and Safety Rooms in order to eliminate Chiang Mai’s haze problem.

How could that help the "haze problems"? Just stop the burnings, how hard can it be?

Get the airforce to fly over to get the gps of where the burninh is. Then send in the army with the land office to notify the land owners to stop or next year their land will be taken away from them. In the mean time make this law. Or jail the land owners for 10 years. Why must millions of people have to put up with this year after year. Easy to stop IF YOU WANT TO. 

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Chiang Mai provincial governor called for cooperation in the making of Nano Filters and Safety Rooms in order to eliminate Chiang Mai’s haze problem.

How does nano filters & safety rooms eliminate haze problems???

This tells me they haven't got a clue what they're doing.... but I'll help with a suggestion:

STOP OUTDOOR BURNING!!!!!!

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

This tells me they haven't got a clue what they're doing.... but I'll help with a suggestion:

Obviously Chinese want to sell their nano filters while the mayor gets his kickbacks, anybody remember the submarines and beautiful watches, God knows why you choose to live in Thailand, complete and utter basket case

Used to work in Malaysia and it was brutal there too, they blamed Indonesia. This is a practice used across the whole Indochina peninsula and will require effective cooperation across many countries. Since the clearing practice is to save money, it's possible people could be paid to not burn -  but who will foot the bill? While all that's being figured out I don't expect to see any real changes till money starts changing hands. The jet setting eco kings and queens on social media ought to be able to drum up a 'buy some clean air' fund raisers if they can stop partying long enough in the Greek isles lol..

So with other words: the visit was purely to get money in CNX via new tourism ways, the pollution will not be resolved and measurements taken will be useless for us. Guess that sheds a light on the decision I have to make when the time is there next year, leaving CNX for good, all depends on the pollution.

See you soon enough then, south of Thailand.

19 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

The problem is local, not from other countries ????

Shame that people still believe this. Shows you how effective disinformation is and how gullible people are.

The smoke problem is 90% caused by Thai in Thailand. 

On 9/1/2019 at 8:19 AM, Vacuum said:

How could that help the "haze problems"? Just stop the burnings, how hard can it be?

yeah and when 12 boys were trapped in a cave in Chiangrai, all we needed to do was stop it from raining outside.

let me guess.  American.  and "believes" in Plant Food too.   or worse, "[it's only about some] ice melting in 2100".

They  need to get Police(take them off road blocks),The Army (not much to do anyway),

and any volunteers up into the hills,with roadblocks,drones,stop the arsonists,before 

they can light fires,anyone caught should be given a prison term,the people setting

these fires need to know,its not acceptable to the majority of citizens,who suffer

health problems,hotels,guest houses,and other businesses suffer loss of income.

Authorities need to realise trying to solve the problem of the smoke,once it has

started is not good enough, it needs to be prevented from happening,

Will Chiang Mai,Chiang Rai, suffer from smoke pollution next spring, hell, yes !

nothing is going to change.

regards Worgeordie

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:33 PM, hotchilli said:

yeah, and this same stupid "burning".... by ignorant farmers are now setting fires in Bolivia!!!  like crazy!!!!!  giant fires no one has ever seen before!!!!

those stupid, ignorant migrant farmers are setting wild fires in the Amazon and Bolivia.  this morning's Guardian has a major piece on this.  that's our problem.  these farmers.  

it has nothing to do with "intellectual" talk by science people... many of whom like that weird loner type Albert Einstein suffer from what we now know is "Asperger's Syndrome" and think fire is at all related to stuff such as that July 2019 was the hottest month ever recorded in human history..... even though all of 2019 never crossed barely above a neutral ENSO condition.  that's nonsense from people with Asperger's who "think too much"!!!!  and folks who couldn't 'see their breath' in recent "cold seasons" in Chiangmai because... because.... they think too much. 

so go 'get' those ignorant farmers.  stop the BURNING!!!!!  ice might begin melting!

On 9/1/2019 at 11:21 AM, donnacha said:

Nothing will change...

There is also a bright side for farangs living in Chiang Mai: during the 4 months you have to spend indoors, you won't have to file a TM30.

Not me... every year get as far away from Chiang Mai as I can and each year it's longer and longer.  
My contribution to the economic crisis in Chiang Mai.  
One year I just might not come back.  

All the money you save living in Chiang Mai you can use for lung cancer treatment.   

Archived