Degree - True copy stamp sufficent?

dakineto

I have to have my documents stamped to get a teacher's license.

Is a true copy stamp by embassy sufficient? Or does it need to say "legalized "?

The embassy only offered a true copy stamp.

And do degree and transcripts need to be stamped or just transcripts is sufficient (as they anyway go together.)

Asking the latter cos if I need it send back home it will cost me about 17000 Baht for two documents to be legalized.

Anyone with first hand experience?

Do you have your original degree, or only a photocopy of it ? Do your transcripts have an embossed seal of the issuing university ? If you answered "yes" and" yes", you will probably be OK with whatever document of verification your embassy has offered. Have your original documents with you at every step of the process, in case some official wants to examine them.  Also have contact information for your university with you, in case they want to verify by e-mail, telephone or mail.

Note to anyone reading this who is British:  Your embassy will not do this for you. It has to be done in Britain.

A "true copy" with the stamp of your embassy is usually enough to apply for a TL. 

They don't stamp your original degree and transcripts, only on copies of it.

I had to study for an additional Diploma which came in a sealed envelope addressed to the TCT Bangkok.

They might ask you to have a sealed letter sent from your university directly to the TCT in Bangkok.

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 1

A university president is often a notary in the US, so your stamped diploma is already notarized.  Thailand is not a member of the Apostille Convention, which would simply verify that the signature on your diploma is a valid notary...

• 3 months later...

What you need to do is go to the embassy and solemnly swear while  holding up your right hand that the diploma is  true and then they will give you an  embassy letter affirming this. There is nothing on the the diploma. I have a diploma that is legalized and I have the same diploma authenticated with the state department. Thailand rejected this and said I had the do the embassy like everyone else. 

Ive just had my uk degree copied then notarised by a solicitor, stamped by the uk foreign office and stamped by the thai embassy in london. This is what i had been told was necessary.  I used a uk based company to handle all the processes,  you post your original degree to them and it came back 2 weeks later all complete.  Total cost £141.plus postage.

1 hour ago, bigneilo said:

Ive just had my uk degree copied then notarised by a solicitor, stamped by the uk foreign office and stamped by the thai embassy in london. This is what i had been told was necessary.  I used a uk based company to handle all the processes,  you post your original degree to them and it came back 2 weeks later all complete.  Total cost £141.plus postage.

Ouch..2 or three days pay..

I had a copy of my degree notorized at the US embassy and presented the copy and the original at the Kurusapa (TCT).  That was what was needed to get a teachers license.  No FO (or State Department) stamp, no visit to an embassy or the Thai Foreign Ministry, everything was done here in Bangkok.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack.......

OK, I might have lost my diploma (graduate degree), but I still have undergrad diploma.  I have a copy of my grad degree diploma, and it's about 1000 baht If I want a new one shipped over.  I might find it, but let's say it's lost.... now i have a work permit.

1.  When I  go to a new school, can I simply just say I have only an undergrad?  My grad. degree isn't in Education, so it's not getting me any more money.  I have transcripts that shows I started and finished the required coursework.  

2.  Would a copy work?

3.  Should I order one immediately?

Thanks

1 hour ago, allane said:

An undergraduate degree is sufficient.

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking.  I'll still look for my grad. diploma, but I don't plan on ordering a new one.  Nobody cares anyhow, unless I'm trying for an International school and my degree was in Education.

thanks

On 12/7/2019 at 11:51 AM, bigneilo said:

Hi

Do you have the details of the company you used to do this with in the UK please? 

Thanks in advance. 

Why don't you just order a new diploma from your university? Problem solved. My nice diploma on parchment with gold seal in safety box. University sent me additional cheap, oversized POS diploma. As I recall they as the MoL don't really look at the originals. Mine at least. Especially if they have original transcripts. Even then they've always taken the copies.

Edited by Number 6

On 1/8/2020 at 12:12 PM, swbaggies said:

Hi

Do you have the details of the company you used to do this with in the UK please? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hagueapostille.co.uk 

I think they are based in coventry but it was all handled by post