Jump to content

Government hospitals price increase up to almost 400% from 30. 9. 2019


Trollmann

Recommended Posts

It seems like really bad news coming for retirees and those married to thai wife. All on O visa and Tourists now have to pay double prices (adding to the general price increases in effect 30.9) in govenment hospitals in thailand from 30 september 2019


So planning to go to the hospital soon, then do it as soon as you can before the price shock gets info effect.

 

Expamples from the new price list shows almost 400% price increase from TODAYS prices.

image.png.bbed58bfc8ad4f928465964862130b34.png

 

sources:

กระทรวงสาธารณสุข ประกาศอัตราค่าบริการ บัญชี1สำหรับชาวไทย บัญชี2สำหรับต่างชาติ 
มีค่าบริการเภสัชกรรม ค่าจ่ายยาผู้ป่วยนอก/ผู้ป่วยใน/TPN/Cytotoxic
https://www.matichon.co.th/news-monitor/news_1649256

 

ประกาศกระทรวงสาธารณสุข เรื่อง อัตราค่าบริการสาธารณสุขของหน่วยบริการในสังกัดกระทรวงสาธารณสุข พ.ศ. 2562 (244หน้า2.7MB) 
http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2562/E/218/T_0004.PDF

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

When I went to school, double was not 400%.

Still a lot cheaper than rip off private hospitals.

The prices increases up to almost 400% from TODAYS prices. There is general price increases from 30 september too so from the new general prices the price foreigners have to pay is doubled. Todays prices are marked with green background in the picture. The percent increase calulated from today prices is printed with red letters. Got it now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

When I went to school, double was not 400%.

Still a lot cheaper than rip off private hospitals.

Actually now the root canal treatment will be cheaper to do in Norway than in Thailand government hospitals and the prices in private dental clinics in thailand for the root canal treatment are currently lower than the new prices that will go into effect 30.9.2019.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Trollmann said:

and the prices in private dental clinics in thailand for the root canal treatment are currently lower than the new prices


Don't worry, they will swiftly apply the same % increases to their current prices.

Goodbye to yet one more reason to visit Thailand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, donnacha said:


Don't worry, they will swiftly apply the same % increases to their current prices.

Goodbye to yet one more reason to visit Thailand.

If you're just a visitor, then get dental work done at home where it's cheaper. No need to come to Thailand to see a dentist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

If you're just a visitor, then get dental work done at home where it's cheaper. No need to come to Thailand to see a dentist.


You somehow managed to misunderstand a very simple sentence.

Some people, when planning their vacation, welcome the opportunity to get dental work done for cheaper than they would pay at home. If a particular destination offers that, it counts as an additional reason to choose that destination, as opposed to some other destination that does not. Often, the savings help them to justify getting a more expensive air ticket to Thailand rather than, say, Spain.

If Thailand are massively increasing those prices, it eliminates that particular advantage. Precisely as I said: "Goodbye to yet one more reason to visit Thailand".

At no point did I say that getting dental work done was the sole reason why a particular individual would visit Thailand but it would, of course, be a factor in their decision.

I hope this expanded explanation assisted you in grasping the simple concepts conveyed in that sentence. I wish you the best of luck in your reading journey.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trollmann said:

All on O visa and Tourists now have to pay double prices (adding to the general price increases in effect 30.9)


So, if I understand this correctly, they are really smacking into retirees, those married to Thais, and those with children here, while giving a slight discount to those here on education and work visas.

I can't help feeling that the first group, all of whom are likely to live in Thailand for a longer time, or who are financially supporting Thai citizens, should be getting treated more like Thais, not less.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trollmann said:

Actually now the root canal treatment will be cheaper to do in Norway than in Thailand government hospitals and the prices in private dental clinics in thailand for the root canal treatment are currently lower than the new prices that will go into effect 30.9.2019.

Does that include the flight, hotel and food costs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, donnacha said:


You somehow managed to misunderstand a very simple sentence.

Some people, when planning their vacation, welcome the opportunity to get dental work done for cheaper than they would pay at home. If a particular destination offers that, it counts as an additional reason to choose that destination, as opposed to some other destination that does not. Often, the savings help them to justify getting a more expensive air ticket to Thailand rather than, say, Spain.

If Thailand are massively increasing those prices, it eliminates that particular advantage. Precisely as I said: "Goodbye to yet one more reason to visit Thailand".

At no point did I say that getting dental work done was the sole reason why a particular individual would visit Thailand but it would, of course, be a factor in their decision.

I hope this expanded explanation assisted you in grasping the simple concepts conveyed in that sentence. I wish you the best of luck in your reading journey.

 

the dental work in gov hospitals are so bad that your cheap Chinese resin filling fall out before you reach home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...