Government hospitals price increase up to almost 400% from 30. 9. 2019

Trollmann

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing says "We Hate Foreigners" more than Machiavellian legislation geared to track foreigners like criminal parolees while fleecing them at the banks, insurance companies, parks, and now hospitals.  What's next?
I'm sure they'll think of something.  Probably mandatory insurance that needs to be purchased from Thai companies offering over-priced policies that cover next to nothing just of the "privilege" of supporting a family in Thailand as they contemplate other means to drain foreigners financially.  Eventually that is going to break up families as residing in Thailand becomes no more affordable than living in the West.  

On 9/2/2019 at 9:11 AM, Sheryl said:

So in short no indication of whether anything in reality will change. We will have to wait and see what prices people are actually charged.

Sheryl.  Perhaps you could comment on this further in a new topic next month after the price increases come into effect and you have a clearer picture on how this is affecting people that you help with accessing government hospitals.  You input is always valuable to the TV community. 

I went to Hua hin hospital yesterday to take the Health check currently at 940 bath. They said on the first floor that the price now is about 3000 baht and showed me the New order from moph. I told them to read the order again if they missed to understand that the order say in will go into effect 30 days after it was published in the government gazette! Saved me about 2000 baht to know that! I paid the normal fee and 100 baht for outpatient fee at the 2 floor general clinic (did not want to wait 1,5 hour to the Express clinic doctors will come to work 09.30 and pay unknown service charge of between 200 to 500 baht

I made some improvements to the Excel spreadsheet that i made. Now it contains a lot of prices from the current pricelist from the MOPH green book pubished in may 2017 (thats now will be replaced), and some of the codes to be used With the comptroller generals Department website  https://mbdb.cgd.go.th/wel/checktstmed (remark; outdated prices)

The adding of the current prices shows clearly that some services increases up to 100 percent even for Thai people.

That means that from todays prices you can expect som services to increase 100 percent and then YOU have to pay the double of the new already 100% price increase giving double price and doubling one more time for foreigners!

I also made some translations so it is mostly readable for English users.

The spreadsheet contains ALL the new Ceiling prices for EVERY service at Government hospitals that is ordered to in effect in the end of this month. Everyone is free to download and share. Enjoy!

(Optimized for 1600x900 displays. Scroll to the right if you want to adjust the view. The menu stays, it is locked, so only the price group view will change)

new excel spreadsheet moph.PNG

Trollmanns MOPH price ceilings in effect from 30 September 2019 ALL.xlsx

i am working on merging the rest of the current prices that soon will expire, will release New as soon as i am finished With that!

also adding possibility to sort by biggest percent increases (current Version have a bug making it not possible), so if you dont have downloaded the spreadsheet then wait for the New version

Also discovered a couple of obvious mistyping in the New pricelist pdf released by the moph, discovered by sorting (showed over 500 percent price increase) so it is corrected in the New Version.

preview screenshot of new Version sorted by biggest general price increase, meaning price increase to thais, before the prices will be doubled to foreigners:

typing error in new price list.png

new version spreadsheet.png

Today i am finish with completing the Excel spreadsheet with ALL current (expiring) prices, and ALL the new prices for all price groups, Thai/Foreigner group 1, Foreigner group 2 and Foreigner group 3.

It is possible to sort by prices and price increases for those that want to do that!

The priclist is now 100% completed and therefore this is the final upload of the Excel spreadsheet.

MOPH price increases ranking by grops .png

MOPH price increases ranking .png

Trollmanns MOPH price ceilings in effect from 30 September 2019 ALL_ok.xlsx

Archived