Safe

White Christmas13

One example, and I don't recall seeing that specific brand here. Still staff will be able to open your safe, as at airports your suitcase can be opened and everywhere your purse.

Better just forget about security at all.

Hope it's better than the safes my father used to use. He said he could blow the end out of them (that's how I got here, last of 6 kids).

Oh !!!! Sorry, that's the hotel "safe" you're talking about, not a hotel condom. Silly me.

20 hours ago, stevenl said:

One example, and I don't recall seeing that specific brand here. Still staff will be able to open your safe, as at airports your suitcase can be opened and everywhere your purse.

Better just forget about security at all.

A hotel locked safe. Just bang down hard with fist and turn dial at same time

1 hour ago, helloagain said:

A hotel locked safe. Just bang down hard with fist and turn dial at same time

You must stay in real fleapits. I never stayed in a hotel with the really cheap safe that has a knob to open. I have one at home though and yes that's how you open it. ????

I stay at hotels that are well run enough for that not to be problem. It's just better than leaving valuables in plain sight. Too tempting.

In one new-to-me hotel they recently added a dinky safe. I left my valuables in  my locked suitcase and hoped the safe was a good decoy.

Anyway, there obviously is at least one person who has access to the key to open the safe when the guest messes up. Much easier than banging on the dang thing.

3 hours ago, legend49 said:

Amazing!!! Easier than the cleaner spraying film of light oil on key pad so it shows latest keys pressed. My first Thai gf showed me that trick!

So they clean the buttons between guests? Nice!

4 hours ago, legend49 said:

Amazing!!! Easier than the cleaner spraying film of light oil on key pad so it shows latest keys pressed. My first Thai gf showed me that trick!

Can she find the sequence in which the keys are pressed as well?

So, how do you reset the administrator password?  

My condo safe has a small plate in the front where a key can be used to unlock it.  I guess this is slightly more secure.

Alternately, put something like ฿200 in the safe, lock it and then hide your valuables someplace else.

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

My condo safe has a small plate in the front where a key can be used to unlock it.

I bet all these keypad locks have a mechanical lock hidden behind the plastic cover.

Some magical grip and you can tear off the cover and see the mechanical lock.

This admin pass code concept sacrifices security for "convenience".

As it should be: years ago I had a key forgotten code case in a hotel and there was no other way than calling a senior manager who opened the big hotel safe where the mechanical keys are stored.

Even if the admin code is changed: who/how many of the staff will know it?

Will they keep it to themselves?

Had another hotel where the young parking attendant/"bell boy" (fairly squiffy) came and typed it in.

In a way the good old locker room next to/in view of reception wins where I can bring my own locker. Not as convenient but safer.

Archived