BANGKOK
robsamui

What they don't tell you about clearing off to Vietnam

On 9/3/2019 at 6:13 PM, phkauf said:

I echo your point. I recently had a great chat with a young fellow over beers at our hotel and his grandfather was killed in the American War (as they refer to it). He had no hard feeling about America, we both agreed it was mess from both sides. What he really got worked up about was the Mother XXXX'in Chinese as he put it. Most Vietnamese I come across have the same feelings.

They sure do. A Viet waitress in Saigon told me outright, "they are trying to kill us." This was after a discussion about contaminated food secreted into VN from China. Over time, I learned not to mention the Chinese.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 1

There are no 7-11’s in Vietnam!

obviously a load of
lodedabull.jpg

first sightings

lodedabull-1.jpg

up this street recognise the trees and the "building" sign

https://www.google.com/maps/@10.7704433,106.6881108,3a,75y,296.84h,100.9t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sAF1QipMbLjjjfyvPIyHUy2l7fwKJ1EH0ZhEdC1UWNARb!2e10!3e11!7i6430!8i3215

Edited by Des Pickable
changed google maps
  • Like 2

On 9/4/2019 at 6:50 PM, Des Pickable said:

obviously a load of
lodedabull.jpg

first sightings

lodedabull-1.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/@10.7704433,106.6881108,3a,75y,296.84h,100.9t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sAF1QipMbLjjjfyvPIyHUy2l7fwKJ1EH0ZhEdC1UWNARb!2e10!3e11!7i6430!8i3215

That's absolutely fabulous! Thank you so much! I'll book a flight and a hotel straight away!

You must have very little nous if you don't realise that sending me a GPS location TO A 7-11 only emphasises my point that in Vietnam 7-11s are about as common as tits on a bull.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by robsamui

2 hours ago, robsamui said:

That's absolutely fabulous! Thank you so much! I'll book a flight and a hotel straight away!

You must have very little nous if you don't realise that sending me a GPS location TO A 7-11 only emphasises my point that in Vietnam 7-11s are about as common as tits on a bull.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

There are a few 7/11 in HCMC and i believe hanoi but most of these convenient stores are small shops like K-Cyrcle. 

And they are all over the place, carry different stuff. And they are pricy compared to 7/11 (alcohol is cheaper)

But 7/11 is several times better.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2019 at 4:57 AM, balo said:

Having lived in both Vietnam and Cambodia, I would choose Phnom Penh over HCM or Hanoi. 
Easier to get a 1 year visa through an agent, and then you just adapt to the city life. Lots of great restaurants , French and Khmer food. 
I would still miss Bangkok . But personally I don't have to worry about moving.  

Lots of decent Indian restaurants as well.

Not to mention you can get cannabis as a pizza topping.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are you a complete moron or just a misguided nationalistic stooge ?
The gentleman is from the UK which played no part in the Vietnam war.
If you are going to lump all Farangs together then lets do the same for all asians ok.
Do the Chinese hate the Thais because the Japanese raped their women and slaughtered them indiscriminately ?
Of course they dont , but by grouping races together that is exactly the inference you suggest.
For goodness sake educate yourself and engage your brain before writing any more ignorant nonsense.

After Japan capitulated the British occupied Vietnam. Even using the Japanese to keep the locals under control. Then the British handed it to the French. Colonists. We know what happened after that. Very sad for the people.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 9/4/2019 at 6:50 PM, Des Pickable said:

obviously a load of
lodedabull.jpg

first sightings

lodedabull-1.jpg

yeez where is all the trash and traffic and etc. etc. the Viet bashers talked about?  I see a clean street, trees, and no stray dogs or trash, not to mention street walkers hanging out.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, IraqRon said:

yeez where is all the trash and traffic and etc. etc. the Viet bashers talked about?  I see a clean street, trees, and no stray dogs or trash, not to mention street walkers hanging out.

although that is just one small segment of one street .

it could be that some of the others streets were congested .
or do you think that the posters who have mentioned Vietnam congested streets were all lying and just bashing Vietnam ?

• Like 1