BANGKOK
robsamui

What they don't tell you about clearing off to Vietnam

But the Thai army has been victorious over 30 times in its wars against the Thai people and elected governments.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2019 at 5:30 PM, Yinn said:

They told us they hate USA and France.

I not say that. I said dirty to spit. Ok for you?

You don’t know much history. What about the French people. You not know about that right?

Why she do that?

Most of the old one you kill already. Guns, bombs and then cancer from the chemi.

What you like to believe. Up to you.

I think you confused. They like Thai people. 

Google “Anti American”. Then “Anti Thai”

Thai more popular. We know why.

Beacause of the Thai Bar Girls? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Just how would the Vietnamese know about your worldwide income? 

This is pretty simple. Many foreign banks send reports to the tax authorities where you reside - if you want it or not. They even sent them to my home country where I was born. And I didn't live there for decades. They asked me where I pay my taxes. My adress abroad they got from my mother. They called her. But I did not do anything wrong and so in the end there were no problems. 

17 hours ago, uzynkotak said:

Neighbors threaten to call the police because water makes their children sick? What kind of benefits do you guys get from living in these <deleted>holes surrounded by a bunch of idiots? (all the smart ones were killed by poi pot apparently). I mean I wouldn't even live there if chicks lined up every day to suck my ding dong and paid me for it.

ah, well, I wont go into detail but cambodia was the best move I ever made. and trust me, you wont be able to keep the chicks away from your door, it will drive you crazy. Its pretty similar to thailand, its not bangkok or pattaya but same as any other SE asian town. but Im on the way out. its done its job for me

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Beggar said:

This is pretty simple. Many foreign banks send reports to the tax authorities where you reside - if you want it or not. They even sent them to my home country where I was born. And I didn't live there for decades. They asked me where I pay my taxes. My adress abroad they got from my mother. They called her. But I did not do anything wrong and so in the end there were no problems. 

thats sounds odd, its not a simple process to get info from a bank, even for tax authorities within a country usually. it can be done but they have to do more then just ask the bank, theres a legal process. you might be in a situation where both your bank and your countries tax authorities have broken the law and you can sue them. i would check it out if I was you

11 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

But the Thai army has been victorious over 30 times in its wars against the Thai people and elected governments.

its odd that the head of the thai army never asked them reign it in

40 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

thats sounds odd, its not a simple process to get info from a bank, even for tax authorities within a country usually. it can be done but they have to do more then just ask the bank, theres a legal process. you might be in a situation where both your bank and your countries tax authorities have broken the law and you can sue them. i would check it out if I was you

They don't ask the bank. The bank sends it to them. Within the EU this is law. A German friend of mine had to pay a lot when an American bank sent information to the German tax authorities. They even came to his house and checked documents. Sadly they found his last will with even more international accounts... 

5 minutes ago, Beggar said:

They don't ask the bank. The bank sends it to them. Within the EU this is law. A German friend of mine had to pay a lot when an American bank sent information to the German tax authorities. They even came to his house and checked documents. Sadly they found his last will with even more international accounts... 

oh well, Im glad I dont keep any money in a bank then

8 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

oh well, Im glad I dont keep any money in a bank then

You might have luck or Vietnam doesn't care. But with taxes I have been always very careful. If the tax authorities have a closer look at you this is mostly no fun. Even if you didn't do anything wrong they can keep you very busy for a while. And I feel pity for citizens of countries where you are taxed for your worldwide income even if you live abroad. The USA is one of them as far as I know. Such things don't make the life easier. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beggar said:

You might have luck or Vietnam doesn't care. But with taxes I have been always very careful. If the tax authorities have a closer look at you this is mostly no fun. Even if you didn't do anything wrong they can keep you very busy for a while. And I feel pity for citizens of countries where you are taxed for your worldwide income even if you live abroad. The USA is one of them as far as I know. Such things don't make the life easier. 

I dont know, I dont keep money in banks and like to give the impression Im a pauper, keeps a lot of people off your back and makes life much easier

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beggar said:
19 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Just how would the Vietnamese know about your worldwide income? 

I can't see the UK taxman flying all the way to Vietnam just to persecute us. They are interested in those who make large transactions and money laundering, not small guys like most of us here on TV.

Yet my question about Vietnamese bank interference and taxation has not been answered.... Anyone?

For example; in Bali I hear the taxman can deduct tax from any incoming funds into a Balinese bank account. Do Vietnamese banks have a similar reporting system?

Edited by DaRoadrunner

5 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

For example; in Bali I hear the taxman can deduct tax from any incoming funds into a Balinese bank account. Do Vietnamese banks have a similar reporting system?

They don't do that automatic, it's your responsibility.

They block you from flying if they think you didn't pay tho - i have no idea how their system works, but it must be linked to the airports.

• Like 1