BANGKOK
robsamui

What they don't tell you about clearing off to Vietnam

5 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

For example; in Bali I hear the taxman can deduct tax from any incoming funds into a Balinese bank account. Do Vietnamese banks have a similar reporting system?

They don't do that automatic, it's your responsibility.

They block you from flying if they think you didn't pay tho - i have no idea how their system works, but it must be linked to the airports.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 5:36 AM, madmen said:

geez that's just crazy. Thanks for exposing the scaming. I think those running from tm30 form Will be jumping from frying pan in to the fire!

Yeah, there will be different sorts of pluses and minuses.  The general sense is cheaper and with what should not be too surprising shortfalls.  I work with many Vietnamese that travel back from the USA to Vietnam and they all are disgusted with the corruption they encounter.  Each one said even upon airport arrival, unless they put some cash in their arrival documents/passports, they never get through the lines. 

On 9/6/2019 at 2:34 AM, mrmalkovich said:

enerally very loud people,

In general, and not meaning to denegrate or speak badly about the Vietnamese, but I find their language absolutely horrible to listen to and it grates on my ears.  The meter and and choppy accents just sound terrible to me.  So different than descending mild tones often spoken by Thai ladies.  I work with many vietnamese and I do see a fairly wide range of pronunciation and intonation among them.  My cube mate was a very quite spoken lady.  The Viet lady on the other side of my cubicle seemed like a drunken loud sailor!  So I am sure as in many languages their are quiet speakers and loud speakers.

all about the $.  You can say what you want to say about Vietnamese friendliness, but its all because of the US $...and

We let almost 11 million vietnamese immigrate (refugees) to the USA, they love us for that obviously.  Now that number has grown to over 1.3 million because of fecundity

Many are still getting low interest loans on housing and other government benefits, 45 years later - why wouldn't they love us.

The American war in Vietnam.

The reality is, we lost 60,000 American soldiers, and many more are still suffering because of the American Military Industrial Complex.  Corporate profits making munitions with no thought as to lives lost and suffering 

4 hours ago, Skallywag said:

all about the $.  You can say what you want to say about Vietnamese friendliness, but its all because of the US $...and

We let almost 11 million vietnamese immigrate (refugees) to the USA, they love us for that obviously.  Now that number has grown to over 1.3 million because of fecundity

Many are still getting low interest loans on housing and other government benefits, 45 years later - why wouldn't they love us.

The American war in Vietnam.

The reality is, we lost 60,000 American soldiers, and many more are still suffering because of the American Military Industrial Complex.  Corporate profits making munitions with no thought as to lives lost and suffering 

Easy to blame others but at the end you are self responsible for your actions and as Donovan already sang 

"He's the universal soldier and he really is to blame,
his orders come from far away, no more."

You can regret it of course but hanging around with the grandchildren of the people you have vaporized is an really cynical act ...

I mean this in a general way ...

-----

He is five feet two, and he's six feet four,
he fights with missiles and with spears.
He is all of thirty-one, and he's only seventeen.
He's been a soldier for a thousand years.
He's a Catholic, a Hindu, an atheist, a Chein,
a Buddhist and a Babtist and a Jew.
And he knows, he shouldn't kill
and he knows he always will,
kill him for me my friend and and me for you.
And he's fighting for Canada, he's fighting for France.
He's fighting for the U.S.A.,
and he's fighting for the Russians,
and he's fighting for Japan,
and he thinks we put an end to war this way.
And he's fighting for democracy,
he's fighting for the Reds.
He says it's for the peace of all.
He's the one who must decide,
who's to live and who's to die,
and he never sees the writing on the wall.
But without him, how would Hitler kill the people at Dachau,
without him Caesar would have stood alone.
He's the one who gives his body as a weapon of the war,
and without him all this killing can't go on.
He's the universal soldier and he really is to blame,
his orders come from far away, no more.
They come from here and there, and you and me,
and brothers, can't you see,
this is not the way we put an end end to war.
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Buffy Sainte Marie
Universal Soldier lyrics © Caleb Music Co., Ca

• Like 1