BANGKOK
robsamui

What they don't tell you about clearing off to Vietnam

5 hours ago, robsamui said:

Most of you will already know that the currency is insane. Bank notes with 6 zeros. It’s not so much the silliness of the numbers – it’s that there are SO many different notes in use.

LOL...yes, when not use to so many zeroes, sometimes the brain doesn't quickly register the amount. I found myself always counting the zeroes to make sure I wasn't making a mistake. Watching others at the counters paying, everyone seemed to have the same problem. The cashiers were generally helpful in helping people sort it out as they know the colors related to different bills and will point to what you have in your wallet.

4 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

HCMC and newrby is where the losers are, the North won the war, the North is a salt of the Earth place, history defined that with the courage of defeating the Yankees and French. Stay away from the losers.  

Is life completely different in the north of Vietnam ?

Is there no crime or fake alcohol etc ?

1 hour ago, brokenbone said:

body too broken to try to acclimatize in any new environment, even more if i have to spend half a day trying

to get what i want, i cant even do that.

if i had a properly working body i would

appreciate the lower cost tho, and inconveniences wouldnt be such a drag.

i just hope i die before i have to leave,

relocating is too painful

How old are you? The Who, hope I die before I get old, has its benefits.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

I walked 10 to 20 kilometres every day for a month with tablet in my hand guiding me to places inn both HCMC and Hanoi and smaller towns, was never snatched. Hanoi has class, HCMC and southern areas more like the Southern Islands of Thailand. There is BIG C, no need to buy fake alcohol anywhere in Vietnam if one uses their brain. Still people can be nice in HCMC.

As Marvin Gaye sang, believe none of what you hear and half of what you see. Certainly don't believe much you read in the media, including Thaivisa, in Vietnam you dont have the farang prejudice, nor in any other SE Asian country. 

5 hours ago, Langkawee said:

How old are you? The Who, hope I die before I get old, has its benefits.

early 50

Thx for the report. Question, are there gated community Villages like in Thailand? How much for a rental house 2 bedroom,2 bathroom, community pool if available?

Edited by Jack Mountain
spelling