money seasoning time before extension of stay application

daoyai

sorry, I know this has been covered but am wondering... has CM immigration changed the money seasoning period to 2 months before extension of stay application and 3months after? or is it 3 months before and 3 months after?  Also have they begun requiring health ins, for extensions?  thanks 

2 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

You need to clarify if you are talking about marriage or retirement.

For marriage its 2 months prior, thats it.

New health ins proposals is for one specific visa OA whatever that is.

I have an oa for many years... so extension based on retirement... had heard it was changed 2 month seasoning

And another agent said the amount for either one, retiree or married, requires 4 month seasoning.  Then 4 months with no withdrawal after renewal.  After 4 months, you can take out no more than 1/2 of the amount for the rest of the year.

Maybe UbonJoe can post a reliable answer for Chiangmai?

29 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Just renewed my retirement and it's 2 months prior to application then 3 after for the 800k and 400k minimum rest of year. For first application it's 3+3.

so this is new?  I have always done 90days ...then after the stamp the money's mine again so am I correct that it is 5 mos. total at 800k then they keep 400K for ever? ... or until you leave.

1 minute ago, Mahseer said:

Info is for Chiang Mai as quoted 2 weeks back by immigration. 

I realize that but again I really think you are INCORRECT.

Before the change it was:

2 months before for new applications (nothing after)

3 months before for subsequent applications (nothing after)

After the changes (with variable enforcement by office)

2 months before for ALL applications, 3 months after

It's HIGHLY UNLIKELY that Chiang Mai changed to 3 months from 2 before on initial applications. 

6 minutes ago, daoyai said:

so this is new?  I have always done 90days ...then after the stamp the money's mine again so am I correct that it is 5 mos. total at 800k then they keep 400K for ever? ... or until you leave.

Yes this is new.

National rules.

2 months before, 3 months after at 800K

Then after that 400K at least until the next 800K phase.

Reports are that some offices are incorrectly still demanding 3 months before for subsequent applications. I've not heard of one that has changed initial applications from two months to three, so I'm sorry I don't believe that is correct info about CM. 

3 hours ago, noise said:

And another agent said the amount for either one, retiree or married, requires 4 month seasoning.  Then 4 months with no withdrawal after renewal.  After 4 months, you can take out no more than 1/2 of the amount for the rest of the year.

Four months isn't the rule at immigration at any office. So maybe it's some kind of weird thing unique to that agents MO. 

13 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

You win I'm out.

Just confirm you do deal with CM immigration.

Why would I do that? I don't. I follow the rules nationally. I don't believe what you posted is correct because no other office as reported has done that (changed initial pre-seasoning from 2 to 3 while changing subsequent from 3 to 2) and it makes no sense. The reason the OLD rule was 2 months for initial (rather then 3 for subsequent) is that immigration realized initial applicants might need more time, especially if they enter without an O visa and covert to an O visa in Thailand. So logically the info you stated simply makes no sense. The confusion may have happened because BEFORE, there was a variance between new and subsequent. 

12 hours ago, Jurg said:

My advise is go and see "Assist Thai Visa", they know the laws, the requirements for your needs, and they do it for you. Yes, you pay them a fee and its done! Much rather do it that way then relying on other peoples opinion.

They do all my visa and immigration work, very excellent and can highly recommend.

Best wishes.

The new rules for >800k in the bank method from March 1 is: 2 months before applying + 3 months after applying,then never less than 400k the rest of the year. Then top it up again to >800k 2 months before  next application. Or, >65k monthly.

For marriage visa: >400k 2 months before application. Or, an income of >40k monthly 

3 hours ago, noise said:

There's never been a 4 months seasoning period.

It's 2 months before applying and 3 months after for the >800k method.

Then never below 400k the rest of the year. This is nationwide.

Marriage visa: Just >400k 2 months before applying. 

Doesn't anyone here know how to Google? 

Just now, Max69xl said:

There's never been a 4 months seasoning period.

It's 2 months before applying and 3 months after for the >800k method.

Then never below 400k the rest of the year. This is nationwide.

Marriage visa: Just >400k 2 months before applying. 

Doesn't anyone here know how to Google? 

Some offices may not have caught up to the changes yet. as reported. 

1 hour ago, Mahseer said:

Just renewed my retirement and it's 2 months prior to application then 3 after for the 800k and 400k minimum rest of year. For first application it's 3+3.

It's not 3+3 for the first application.

It's 2+3 for every extension based on retirement since March 1. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

You're correct.

I think probably so. 
The reason the info posted about CM sounds fishy is that it confirmed they had changed the subsequent ones correctly from 3 to 2 before, so it would be truly crazy for them to incorrectly change the initial from 2 to 3 before.

We've had reports of some offices that haven't applied the changes yet, and are still incorrectly enforcing 3 months before for subsequent.

42 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Info is for Chiang Mai as quoted 2 weeks back by immigration. 

The new requirements are nationwide. There were a new police order released early this year.

I have read it and it clearly states >800k 2+3 months. Then never less than 400k rest of the year.

20 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The new requirements comes from a police order released >6 months ago. Is that a short time in CM? 

No. As indicated they complied by changing the subsequent applications seasoning from 3 months to 2. I don't believe that they changed initial applications from 2 to 3 against the national rules. 

I was talking nationally. There have been reports that some offices haven't made the change from 3 to 2.

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

We've had reports of some offices that haven't applied the changes yet, and are still incorrectly enforcing 3 months before for subsequent.

That was Chiang Mai IO. If you search back on posts/topics, it was reported by more than one poster they were asked for CASH (3) THREE months prior to renewal. No one doubted someone at CM immigration had actually said this.  Of course it is TWO months before but no one did not believe the posters story.

It was resolved, whether by repeated visits and or talking to/using a visa agent, no one knows. The search Tab is there, make it your friend.

3 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

That was Chiang Mai IO. If you search back on posts/topics, it was reported by more than one postee they were asked for CASH (3) THREE months prior to renewal. No one doubted someone at CM immigration had actually said this.  Of course it is TWO months before but no one dis not believe the posters story.

It was resolved, whether by repeated visits and or talking to/using a visa agent, no one knows. The search Tab is there, make it your friend.

That wouldn't surprise but if they had changed the subsequent applications months to the correct number of months, it's doesn't sound credible that they would at the same time change the initial application to the incorrect number of months. That's why I don't believe it. 

28 minutes ago, CM Rick said:

Is Chiang Mai immigration requiring seasoning if I (an American) am using combination of income method (600,000 baht social security and 200,000 baht savings)?  Thanks in advance. 

There have been some reports that CM won't accept combo applications without embassy letters. Best you go there and check directly. 

55 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's why I don't believe it. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm almost positive this was a miscommunication.

You win I'm out. Just confirm you do deal with CM immigration.

It has aleady been said.  You can believe what you want. If you want proof, you can always look it up, that does not seem to be your MO though.   :biggrin:   Have fun. 

Archived