Fake News Center to open by Nov 1st at the latest

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

The Ministry of Truth.

Thailand is becoming more like 1984 with every passing day. It's like Orwell saw Thailand in the future. So many similarities! For me, one of the biggest is how the government deals with proles: cheap available liquor; lottery tickets; prostitution. You couldn't make it up.

21 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

what is keeping us here??

seriously, there comes a point when you gotta look at something for what it is.

Thailand is not the country it once was, it has changed for the worse.

Am I the only person here that asks himself daily 'Dude, what the hell are you doing here?'

Surely not.

What the hell are you doing here then?

23 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

what is keeping us here??

seriously, there comes a point when you gotta look at something for what it is.

Thailand is not the country it once was, it has changed for the worse.

Am I the only person here that asks himself daily 'Dude, what the hell are you doing here?'

Surely not.

No, you're probably not. However, there are many of us who love living here, it's far from perfect etc etc, but 'glass half full' is a better frame of mind.????

You don't appear to have any ties here, & if you feel that way, move on.

And, I really despise - not aimed at you KP, ????the people on here, who, when some of are positive ie look on the bright side, are called apologists.

Phew, I feel sooo much better now!

Enjoy your day!!

:laugh:

6 minutes ago, faraday said:

No, you're probably not. However, there are many of us who love living here, it's far from perfect etc etc, but 'glass half full' is a better frame of mind.????

You don't appear to have any ties here, & if you feel that way, move on.

And, I really despise - not aimed at you KP, ????the people on here, who, when some of are positive ie look on the bright side, are called apologists.

Phew, I feel sooo much better now!

Enjoy your day!!

:laugh:

Can I have your glass half full please, then I'll end up with a full pint.

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Can I have your glass half full please, then I'll end up with a full pint.

You can, but I'm not gonna dink anymore of your Lao.

I would add more, expand even, but me don't want to get whacked wit' de ban hammer mon. (Jamaican accent) :laugh:

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Isn't there enough Fake News already? Now they going to open to open a Special Centre to create More of what we have already ?  ????  

Or is that fake news itself? Who knows.

Just colour-code it, making it easy to identify. Light brown for truth, dark brown for ministry of truth releases.

The first piece of fake news that I've read in past years was Yingluck's flood mitigation program was working well and Prayut's drought relief program was going bonkers , although both can be regarded now as old fake news , its falseness is worthy of mention. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of a Digital Economy and Society plans to open a Fake News Center by November 1st at the latest, to combat the information problem. It will focus on four categories of inaccurate news reporting which might affect the public.

Just capping freedom of speech !

I've yet to see a Thai official - any Thai official - who doesn't lie when their lips are moving.

That said, this Fake News Center is welcome news to me: Whatever piece they condemn as "fake news" will get my full and undivided attention - it's like a stamp of approval of sorts.

This fake new center will focus on:

1. News items that seem to be critical of the administration or the army.

2. News items that are critical of any of the ministries, ministers, top honchos, or leaders. 

3. Any news relating to corruption with the ranks of the police, the government or the army. They are all above the law, as we know.

4. Any negative news about the decline of tourism, or the issues facing the economy.

Any of those areas would represent "fake news", as this administration rarely sleeps, and spends day and night looking after the well being of the common man and woman. Thai or ex-pat, it does not matter, if you are here, you are looked after and treated in a very special way. 

The latest stunt in the propaganda wars. The government decides what is fake news and what is not.....the Ministry of Truth. I kid you not. The future look very bleak indeed, but not particularly so in Thailand. We take little or no part in politics or power here, and so we don't represent much a threat to the people in power. Indeed is might be one of the best places to ride the internet privacy invasion and propaganda war. 

Archived