BANGKOK
Tayaout

bx.in.th alternative

On initial reading of the link it appears to me to be a purely fiat currencies service! Yea might be a big improvement for moving baht to GBP USD Euro etc but this doesn't appear to be addressing anything to do with cashing out of cryptos.

Maybe I'm missing something on first read but looks like the same on-ramp / off-ramp Fiat/BTC problems prevail.

Can't you just hodl your crypto Neeranam until we win the battle? Risky I know as we might lose lol.

To me, best alternatives are decentralized exchanges, of which Bisq is really the only one for fiat trading:

https://bisq.network/

There's little liquidity there now in THB, but I remember a time when there was little liquidity on LocalBitcoins in USD; so, that's just a matter of us putting offers there.

The pro liquidity providers will create supply where there is demand, just as it happened on LBC...

Bisq allows bank transfers, cash deposits, and face-to-face trading using fiat of any kind or s-coins.

Bisq itself, doesn't require any KYC/AML, because it uses escrow, similar to the way LBC does, but you control your funds in your own wallet.

It's not good for small trades though, and your Bisq app has to be online to take or make offers.

It doesn't have a mobile app yet.

A centralized, but non-custodial alternative is:

https://hodlhodl.com/

It's more similar to the bx.in.th, but uses escrow in which you control your own funds.

So, it's like a hybrid of the latter and Bisq.

Last I heard, they don't allow those who are the property of "The Land of the Free". So, y'all are out of luck. Bisq seems the best option in non-custodial exchange realm for you.

• Like 2

Twig - Thx for the links bisq and hodl hodl are new to me will check them out.

Yea "Land of the Free" what a complete joke. American citizens are one of the most hounded nationalities on Earth. Orwell is alive and well in 2019.

Edited by Conno
spelling correction
  • Like 1

I have BISQ and it has potential but volume too low for now. Hope it will improve. 

10 minutes ago, Conno said:

Twig - Thx for the links bisq and hodle hodl are new to me will check them out.

Bisq has a relatively active YouTube channel and user forum, where users can get help and too much information:

Good luck! Be careful.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:23 PM, phycokiller said:

Im enjoying my early retirement. i dont care if its utter garbage, I prefer not having to work and being able to do what I want to being stuck in a job. difficult concept I know

Always a good idea to put your money in speculative risky investments when you retire......

2 hours ago, William Osborne said:

Always a good idea to put your money in speculative risky investments when you retire......

totally agree. actually I put the money in the speculative risky investment before I retired. but having made 6x on my original investment and having more then enough to live comfortably for the rest of my life I thought I may as well retire while I was at it

well, to be honest, I actually have slightly less bitcoin then I originally invested because I have been living off it, its just that the US$ has devalued so much that I have been able to retire

Edited by phycokiller
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a currently small crypto exchange that can transfer to thai banks and allow fiat deposits and trading too. It is trade.io and is based in hong kong. Its been open for about a year and they are gearing up for a big marketing push to drive volume. They are as legitimate as they come.