Human remains found in tank in deserted building opposite Ratchada Court

webfact

Human remains found in tank in deserted building opposite Ratchada Court

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police and forensic teams were called after human remains were found in the rooftop tank of a deserted 32 story building behind offices opposite the Ratchada Court in Bangkok's Chatuchak district. 

The skeleton was intact and was dressed in only underpants. Canvas trainers and socks were found near the body and there was evidence that a fire had been lit. 

The body that had no ID had been there at least three months.

It was found by an engineer on Saturday who said that the owners of the building were planning to refurbish it. It was originally intended to be a hotel 30 years ago but was never finished. 

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police believe the dead person fell into the tank and was unable to get out. 

They burnt their clothes in an effort to raise an alarm by sending a smoke signal. This was not seen as it was on the roof, they stated. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-02

21 minutes ago, thaipod said:

Excuse me. He fell int a tank and they tried to raise the alarm by burning their clothes to raise an alarm. Who is they. What a bazaar story 

In our local bazaar they are known for telling such tales.

3 hours ago, thaipod said:

Excuse me. He fell int a tank and they tried to raise the alarm by burning their clothes to raise an alarm. Who is they. What a bazaar story 

"Excuse me...What a bazaar story"

You're excused, but 'bazaar'?  Market stalls?

"They" may have been a typo for "then". 

"Police believe the dead person fell into the tank and was unable to get out.  They [Then] burnt their clothes in an effort to raise an alarm..."

Bearing in mind that he building was abandoned, perhaps he got/fell into a tank that was empty but he was unable to climb out of it and burning his clothes may have been an (unsuccessful) way to attract attention?

5 hours ago, marcusb said:

Agree using they is fine. Shouldn't the underwear give an indication of gender? ???? 

Remember, this is Thailand. Could be either gender. Underpants would be a very poor indication. 

On 9/2/2019 at 2:48 PM, thaipod said:

Because i like to be prepared for all evevtualities in life can i ask what you would have done 

Archived