Urgent! BX.in.th is closing down!

Dario

For people who have currently invested money on the Thai trading platform bx.in.th (Bitcoin Thailand) there is bad news: all trading will be stopped after September 30th. I received the following email from bx.in.th today at 07:01:

"Dear xxx,
Bitcoin Co. Ltd. has decided to discontinue offering digital exchange services and wallet services at our BX.in.th website in order to focus on other business opportunities.
This means that after September 30th 2019 all trading on the BX.in.th will be stopped. 
We ask that all customers withdrawal any funds held at the BX.in.th website into their own bank account or digital wallet.
The company will not be seeking to hold an SEC issued Digital Asset Exchange license for the year 2020, and we ask all customers to withdraw their funds before November 1st, 2019.
After 1 November 2019, the company will continue to open the BX.in.th website only as a method for customers to contact the company about outstanding issues.
All deposits will be disabled after September 6th, 2019.
If you need any assistance in withdrawing funds please open a support ticket and our staff will be happy to assist you.
We thank our loyal customers for using our BX.in.th services over the past 5 years and trust you have been happy with the service provided. Please note that all fund are completely safe and all customers will receive 100% of their funds returned to them.
For More information please click here"

CUrrently I witness the market on bx.in.th crashing. As an indication. At the moment of the announcement, BTC was trading at 293'000 Baht, right now at 08:35 BTC stands at 208'000 !!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, aqua4 said:

WOW they are dumping Bitcoin fast. Its almost a trade every second right now. 

Crazy, now it is shooting up again, BTC currently back at 270'000. It's like on the SET during the last day trading of a warrant. For the fast guys now money to be made. I withdrew my money already.

Edited by Dario

53 minutes ago, Dario said:

Crazy, now it is shooting up again, BTC currently back at 270'000. It's like on the SET during the last day trading of a warrant. For the fast guys now money to be made. I withdrew my money already.

This is terrible news

• Like 1

...wonder if this has anything to do with 'a certain someone' lending his name and face to another cryptocurrency trading house...???

...very strange timing....

...nothing to do with the collapse of the currency....seems like they are being 'muscled out'....???

...or have been 'bought out'....???

58 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Wish i didn't withdraw THB. could have bought at a great discount ???? I was online when it was happening.

Same here. I was told by bxinth they would pay out withdrawals today at 15:00, but mine was in my bank at 14:01.

Due to the new Thai regulations for crypto markets I presume BX will not qualify for one of the few licenses to be granted for such trading activities in the tightly governed crypto sector within Thailand. Normal business practice to advise clients to withdraw funds before closing their services.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...wonder if this has anything to do with 'a certain someone' lending his name and face to another cryptocurrency trading house...???

...very strange timing....

...nothing to do with the collapse of the currency....seems like they are being 'muscled out'....???

...or have been 'bought out'....???

pretty sure i know the who but what is the trading house you are speaking of.

1 hour ago, pingpongplayer said:

Thanks. I haven't got much time for this but still have some Bitcoin with Bx.in.th. 

Can I just transfer the bitcoin to another exchange like the ones you suggest or do I have to download to a wallet first or convert to THB?

I notice the price of BTC on BX is now much lower than other exhanges so didn't want to cash out to THB unless necessary?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Thanks. I haven't got much time for this but still have some Bitcoin with Bx.in.th. 

Can I just transfer the bitcoin to another exchange like the ones you suggest or do I have to download to a wallet first or convert to THB?

I notice the price of BTC on BX is now much lower than other exhanges so didn't want to cash out to THB unless necessary?

do not cashout to thb you'd be losing almost 10% and making some guys very wealthy.

wait or  if urgent, send to bittrex, convert to Dai and then withdraw on EVEREX for 1% fee

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

You should not leave any bitcoin on an exchange you are willing to lose. It happened to a friend of mine (that I warned not to) with WEX.

I use a ledger X hardware wallet to keep my cryptocurrencies. Other model are fine simply make sure you buy them directly from the manufacturer. 

I did a Bitcoin cashout from bx.in.th today and it went throught in about 15 minutes. It's usually safer to do transfer from and to a wallet that you control the key. Some exchange use temporary address and if there is a delay then I've seen users have issues. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

You should not leave any bitcoin on an exchange you are willing to lose. It happened to a friend of mine (that I warned not to) with WEX.

I use a ledger X hardware wallet to keep my cryptocurrencies. Other model are fine simply make sure you buy them directly from the manufacturer. 

I did a Bitcoin cashout from bx.in.th today and it went throught in about 15 minutes. It's usually safer to do transfer from and to a wallet that you control the key. Some exchange use temporary address and if there is a delay then I've seen users have issues. 

have to agree 100%. leave nothing on any exchange .i have 3 nano s ledgers. not quite as good as the x but still great. 

quadriga back home in canada comes to mind...

• Like 1