Cambodia sees drop in foreign tourists to famed Angkor

geovalin

3 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Have they silenced Temple Bar, which ruined the whole Pub St atmosphere with its overwhelming audio attack? If so, this will renew my interest in returning to SR for a look at possibly moving there. Although I suppose the overwhelming Chinese tour groups still pollute the streets. 

If this was the bar in a side street that was built right against the monks dormitory - then "yes". How the monks put up with the awful racket I shall never know. On my last visit 2 months ago SR was a little quieter as not so many Chinese among the Koreans, Japanese and Westerners. I did notice several bars and restaurants closed with "For Sale" or "For rent" notices. Tomorrow I travel to SR again so will see "how the land lies". I am also considering relocating to SR and I have several "bona fide" property letting agencies to visit.

28 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

If this was the bar in a side street that was built right against the monks dormitory - then "yes". How the monks put up with the awful racket I shall never know. On my last visit 2 months ago SR was a little quieter as not so many Chinese among the Koreans, Japanese and Westerners. I did notice several bars and restaurants closed with "For Sale" or "For rent" notices. Tomorrow I travel to SR again so will see "how the land lies". I am also considering relocating to SR and I have several "bona fide" property letting agencies to visit.

Thanks. There were some very good, quality apartments in SR when I hunted around about 3 years ago.  I will probably visit in November. Alas, three of my favourite restaurants closed in the meantime: Black Sands, Rosie's and an American place on St 7 (?) whose name escapes me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 4:25 AM, phycokiller said:

they left their home countries because they didnt like the immigrants moving there and dont have the intelligence to see that they are immigrants themselves in someone elses country. rules for thee but not for me. I guess racism could be defined as a superiority complex

I'm not Issan sailor but I thought your response was interesting so I went to look up which countries are the most racist. A qick Google search and the first few responses you'll see that neither the US nor Australia come close. Maybe it's based on where you've raveled, what you've heard or any other mixture of experiences, but often those countries that are most racist are the most homogeneous and/or traditional. Here is one such publication of which countries are the most racist: http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/most-racist-countries/

Archived