Three dead, 8 injured as family on way to funeral collide head on with another pick-up

webfact

Three dead, 8 injured as family on way to funeral collide head on with another pick-up

4pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

An accident on the Lopburi to Wang Muang road left two women and one man dead after two pick-ups collided head on around 5 am on Sunday morning. 

Ten family members were going to a funeral in Ratchaburi. 

Two woman aged 64 and 31 who were driving and sitting in the passenger seat respectively died at the scene. 

Also dead was the driver of the other pick-up a 28 year old man. 

Eight people were taken to Ananda Mahidol Hospital with serious injuries. 

Police believe that one of the drivers fell asleep at the wheel.

The accident happened in Muang district of Lopburi in central Thailand.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-02

Ten family members were going to a funeral in Ratchaburi. 

And basically drove to their own funeral. It's so sad that it doesn't seem to change.

RIP for the poor souls and a speedy recovery for the injured ones. 

Bad news on a Monday morning. 

and how many of these poor souls will pass away in hospital, that we will hear nothing off.,oops sorry you dont count, disgracefull, thats 3 i know of this year, same scenario, getting up at the dead of night, family driving a long way, to attend a funeral. great shame, ok its did not say who was to blame, but that is funny i count 3 now

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

and how many of these poor souls will pass away in hospital, that we will hear nothing off.,oops sorry you dont count, disgracefull, thats 3 i know of this year, same scenario, getting up at the dead of night, family driving a long way, to attend a funeral. great shame, ok its did not say who was to blame, but that is funny i count 3 now

Unfortunately, is often alcohol involved when people drive to a funeral.

That doesn't create better drivers. It's so sad to read these news of people who wanted to attend another funeral and got killed on the way.

I remember a horror crash in our province where seven or eight got killed by a train, Also on their way to a funeral.

Does the big P even understand what'[s going on here and how to solve the problem(s)? I pretty much doubt it. 

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Agree with you, the other hidden number is that for every death on the roads another 10 (some research suggests up to 30) are seriously injured.

The cost of death to the country is massive but the cost of looking after the seriously injured is never discussed here to my knowledge.

The long term effects on all involved is incalculable.

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

That doesn't create better drivers. It's so sad to read these news of people who wanted to attend another funeral and got killed on the way.

I remember a horror crash in our province where seven or eight got killed by a train, Also on their way to a funeral.

Does the big P even understand what'[s going on here and how to solve the problem(s)? I pretty much doubt it. 

The common denominators are fatigue coupled with distraction.

The road safety eggsperts at Land Transport Thailand haven't heard of the dangers of fatigue or distraction yet. 

https://youtu.be/MSZ_so_4c7U

2 hours ago, quandow said:

We're getting as desensitized towards car crashes in Thailand as we are towards mass shootings in America.

the country became desensitized years ago. i remember in the 1990s you would see noticeboards at bus stations displaying photos of the aftermath of road accidents. no one cared enough to do anything about it back then and nothing has changed, apart from there being more cars on the roads being driven by more untrained and reckless individuals causing more death, injury and destruction.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Police believe that one of the drivers fell asleep at the wheel.

A wild guess I would think,more likely one of them on wrong side

of the road,coming around the corner,overtaking on a bend,thats

quite popular. RIP I am sure it would have been the innocent ones

that died...seems like it always is.

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

"Does the Big P even understand..."

He understands that it is not fixable-and it isn't.

They'll  keep  spouting the speeding  line when the reality is  total  lack  of  attention, dangerous U turns  , tailgating, lane  changing, no  lights, no tread on tyres, no brain/licence/insurance/tax..........and finally  no hope.

But  speeding? nope  not that relevant at all, not  looking at 90kmh or 120kmh , same result,  eyes  closed = dead.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Two woman aged 64 and 31 who were driving and sitting in the passenger seat respectively died at the scene. 

The link say 31 year old driving. 

The 64 was passenger.

i think the black Vigo make the problem.

1C08503C-A188-496C-860D-888A02108010.jpeg

On 9/2/2019 at 11:45 AM, moe666 said:

All of the experts have now spoken, what are your suggestions

Ignore it, it is not going to go away so let them get on with it.

No matter how much we think it is abhorrent it is and will be for a longtime yet a standard set my ignorance of any road sense, Road manners, driving skills, knowledge of safe driving standards and many other factors that we in the west began learning about over 100 years ago and whilst we still get it wrong from time to time we learn from it.

Sadly the standard of driver ability and understanding is woeful in Thailand.

I remember talking with an ex girlfriend about her bike riding and the bad standards she set, and telling her that she had to learn about awareness of other road users, looking into the distance to see what was happening ahead and above all else to stop drinking and driving because alcohol takes away ones control when driving but all of it was wasted because she always answered “ I know myself” meaning she thought she was invincible and could easily handle being drunk and driving .

Sadly for her and her family she died in an horrific accident when drunk and returning from a night club she swerved across 3 lanes and was hit by a 100 mile per hour equally drunk driver of a Toyota pickup.

It has to be remembered that that driving here centred around a cart and a buffalo,they then moved on to motorcycles and over the last ten years the venerable motor car, hardly enough time to even begin to learn to drive properly.

I passed my driving test in 1965 and I have driven in countries all over the world since and I have to say that I am still learning everyday

On 9/2/2019 at 1:51 PM, Isaanbiker said:

Big P and his entourage do not give a rats ass what happens to the peasants below him.

It does seem that LOS folk think it the norm to possibly get wiped out on the roads..

If the BiB were out there doing the stuff they should be doing then perhaps when zillions have had to get their wallet out to pay for road naughtiness things might change, but that would take many years to take effect..

On 9/2/2019 at 4:08 PM, fantom said:

Agree with you, the other hidden number is that for every death on the roads another 10 (some research suggests up to 30) are seriously injured.

The cost of death to the country is massive but the cost of looking after the seriously injured is never discussed here to my knowledge.

The long term effects on all involved is incalculable.

Yes, you have a good picture of what is really happening in Thailand. But Thai people don't see what you are talking about. Even if you explain to them I bet they listen but they still don't see how serious the situation is.

The worse are the leaders of the country they don't seem to care at all.

I have a feeling Thais think that an accident is an accident nobody really wants it to happen so let's not be too harsh so no real effective punishment for those who caused it by careless driving.

Archived