BANGKOK
webfact

Three dead, 8 injured as family on way to funeral collide head on with another pick-up

Three dead, 8 injured as family on way to funeral collide head on with another pick-up

4pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

An accident on the Lopburi to Wang Muang road left two women and one man dead after two pick-ups collided head on around 5 am on Sunday morning. 

Ten family members were going to a funeral in Ratchaburi. 

Two woman aged 64 and 31 who were driving and sitting in the passenger seat respectively died at the scene. 

Also dead was the driver of the other pick-up a 28 year old man. 

Eight people were taken to Ananda Mahidol Hospital with serious injuries. 

Police believe that one of the drivers fell asleep at the wheel.

The accident happened in Muang district of Lopburi in central Thailand.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-02
  • Sad 1

and how many of these poor souls will pass away in hospital, that we will hear nothing off.,oops sorry you dont count, disgracefull, thats 3 i know of this year, same scenario, getting up at the dead of night, family driving a long way, to attend a funeral. great shame, ok its did not say who was to blame, but that is funny i count 3 now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

and how many of these poor souls will pass away in hospital, that we will hear nothing off.,oops sorry you dont count, disgracefull, thats 3 i know of this year, same scenario, getting up at the dead of night, family driving a long way, to attend a funeral. great shame, ok its did not say who was to blame, but that is funny i count 3 now

Unfortunately, is often alcohol involved when people drive to a funeral.

That doesn't create better drivers. It's so sad to read these news of people who wanted to attend another funeral and got killed on the way.

I remember a horror crash in our province where seven or eight got killed by a train, Also on their way to a funeral.

Does the big P even understand what'[s going on here and how to solve the problem(s)? I pretty much doubt it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Micro nodders are wiping out more than the now so yesterdays failing brakes as the epidemic spreads nationwide🤔 RIP

• Like 1

We must at all costs be able to maintain first place in the ranking of road deaths!

R.I.P.😿

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Agree with you, the other hidden number is that for every death on the roads another 10 (some research suggests up to 30) are seriously injured.

The cost of death to the country is massive but the cost of looking after the seriously injured is never discussed here to my knowledge.

The long term effects on all involved is incalculable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, justin case said:

the irony 

And no copper in the vicinity, plus no lead as to the possible cause of accident other than a golden opportunity to get there as fast as possible 😞

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Unfortunately, is often alcohol involved when people drive to a funeral.

That doesn't create better drivers. It's so sad to read these news of people who wanted to attend another funeral and got killed on the way.

I remember a horror crash in our province where seven or eight got killed by a train, Also on their way to a funeral.

Does the big P even understand what'[s going on here and how to solve the problem(s)? I pretty much doubt it. 

The common denominators are fatigue coupled with distraction.

The road safety eggsperts at Land Transport Thailand haven't heard of the dangers of fatigue or distraction yet. 

https://youtu.be/MSZ_so_4c7U

All of the experts have now spoken, what are your suggestions

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quandow said:

We're getting as desensitized towards car crashes in Thailand as we are towards mass shootings in America.

I was going to write exactly the same thing. Both keep happening over and over and over, with absolutely zero response.