Expect more job loses as exports contract, tourism slows: NESDC

snoop1130

It's already filtering down to the locals a Thai place we buy food almost everyday she said her takings are down 50% and she doesn't cater to tourist that can only mean the local Thai workers are not making money

Another lady we know with a laundry very little business if the rental business is down no need for laundry

I've quit the condo I rented in Chiang Mai and have moved permanently to Chiang Rai...yep, I'm cutting my cloth because my £ is so weak. I can't be alone, I would guess many Farangs are cutting their expenditure. Multiply my example by 50,000 Farangs and there's your problem Thailand, if the £ gets much lower, I'll be off in search of better value...in another country.

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I wish they would make their minds up - only yesterday Thailand was apparently growing at 3% and tourism was up. I'll wait for tomorrows renegotiated figures

The talking heads don't listen to what the other talking head are saying.

We were just in Tesco N Pattaya,its getting quieter there all the time,the food hall is really suffering with some food places closing ,when i was thete a couple of weeks ago spoke to the lady that makes coffee and mentioned that the french frie lady had closed and she said she was giving up the next day ,just to few customers ,lots of Thai places are feeling the pinch as well,

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived