Thailand still ranks No.1 in region in road accidents: national think tank (see infographics)

snoop1130

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

better education would go a long way towards accidents and teenage pregnancies, trouble is no one really gives a sh*t about either. Road deaths age group starts at 15, too young to have a licence, if police actually got off their fat butts and did what they are paid for especially if they had cars instead of pick ups and proper road bikes to enable them to be pro active on the roads they might just start to get the numbers to drop, big fines and seizure of vehicles would also help if enforced. Teaching teenagers about contraceptives in school would also help, parents actually taking an interest in what their kids do would too but that would require them to actually do something other than play on their phones and drink.

haha more than one in two teenage girls get pregnant in thailand? where on earth do the NESDC get their information from?! or is it simply no one bothered to proof read the publicity material before signing it off... come on thailand you can do better in so many ways, it's not that difficult.

31 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

51% teens pregnancy? This is huge. In my country I know almost nobody who got pregnant before finishing high school... 

In your country the condoms are skin thin condoms whereas in Thailand I remember some Thais men told me the condoms are so thick that they don't feel anything anymore if they use them. They said "mai sanook". In Thailand it is important to Sanook

So you see the reason for 51 percent pregnancy. I couldn't believe this figure, I don't think it's that high. May be possible because abortion is widely done and very cheap.

Do they have the "Lunch time abortion" in Thailand

In France they have the "5 to 7" sex . After work 5 pm boom, boom and go home after 7pm for dinner. I remember they called it, "Cinq à Sept"

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/maps-and-graphics/most-dangerous-countries-to-drive/

4th most dangerous country in the work to drive in according to the WHO, and i'd trust their figures more than the NESDC's figures.

Bare in mind road deaths in Thailand only counts for those who die at the scene, not those who die at the hospital, so in reality those numbers are a lot higher.

7 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand still ranks No.1 in region in road accidents

it is a genuine Hub, one that they can claim without challenge

There are many other hubs that are obvious but again not claimed - how to upset tourists and expat residents to the point that they are going elsewhere

In summary - how to totally (deleted) off the steady long standing money stream through blatant corruption and stupidity, and we all know the government agency involved - it begins with "I"

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand still ranks No.1 in region in road accidents: national think tank (see infographics)

A "National Think Tank", that sounds much more impressive than just a common old run of the mill committee chaired by you know who. And then as a bonus there will be cartoon style infographics; that will surely help reduce the toll.

I doubt it will make any difference to the taxi driver I had yesterday. He took me on an exciting white knuckle high speed ride to the airport. Spent most of the time on the inside undertaking lane between the concrete wall and those massive semi trailer trucks hammering alone right beside me.

about 50% accidents caused by reckless driving.

ABOUT means a guess so not a real statistic.

50% is wrong does this mean other 50% is caused by the vehicle, BS. Lets say ABOUT 98% is caused by people who dont respect the road or others on the road " me first" syndrome.

18 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

A "National Think Tank", that sounds much more impressive than just a common old run of the mill committee chaired by you know who. And then as a bonus there will be cartoon style infographics; that will surely help reduce the toll.

I doubt it will make any difference to the taxi driver I had yesterday. He took me on an exciting white knuckle high speed ride to the airport. Spent most of the time on the inside undertaking lane between the concrete wall and those massive semi trailer trucks hammering alone right beside me.

Same thing happened to me the other day except no semi trucks. I think we had the same driver. Only good thing was his car seemed to top out at a certain speed because I think of gears. Had even over taken the speeding ambulance at the last mile. I just kept my eyes down into my phone.

Will never change until the police are run other than a business. Police have to pay to get in, for promotion, training, uniforms, guns, vehicles and travel. Some even pay the costs of running services at the police stations. With all these expenses and low wages, and little in the way of national funding, the police concentrate on reducing wasteful activities like patrolling, and concentrate on income generators like checkpoints,”gifts” from business owners, and running side businesses. 

Does anyone think that the red light/speed cameras would have been introduced if they were not seen as a profit generator?

I'm amazed, they know where the faults lay but implementation of the correct policing is still the main problem in applying any of the new or old rules is the problem; when are the authorities going to realise that the soft approach is seen as weakness amongst the Thai youth, they know that by paying a few Baht to the police (depending on what they have been involved in) they will walk away with a slap on the wrist. 

10 hours ago, fishtank said:

Of course it does.

It always will until the police decide to actually decide to do anything about it.

While the police are only interested in collecting dinner money nothing will change.

As long as Thailand continues to pay its police near-starvation wages, why should anything change? What's the incentive? It seems to me that most Thais are only concerned with putting food on the table and that it's a daily challenge. Ethical, moral societies are for those who can afford them, not those struggling to stay alive on a day-to-day basis. The 1% who keep their feet firmly on the necks of the rest have no interest in changing the status quo, therefore it will not change.

10 hours ago, Tayaout said:

51% teens pregnancy? This is huge. In my country I know almost nobody who got pregnant before finishing high school... 

I don't buy that number for a second, and if this number is wildly inaccurate, what does that say about all the other numbers?

4 minutes ago, quandow said:

I don't buy that number for a second, and if this number is wildly inaccurate, what does that say about all the other numbers?

Even assuming that the numbers aren't just plucked out of the air, I believe that 51% referred to an increase in the number of cases.

1 minute ago, GalaxyMan said:

As long as Thailand continues to pay its police near-starvation wages, why should anything change?

I know a pro-Thaksin officer, was upper mid level. Three nice cars, beautiful home, lovely wife. Then came the regime change. He wasn't fired, but was moved to an inactive post where all he received was his salary. Within a year, cars all gone along with his wife and he had to move into a much humbler studio apartment. Of COURSE if they're not paid a living wage they will abuse their positions.

Archived