BANGKOK
snoop1130

Thailand still ranks No.1 in region in road accidents: national think tank (see infographics)

13 hours ago, Tayaout said:

51% teens pregnancy? This is huge. In my country I know almost nobody who got pregnant before finishing high school... 

Alaska? Very cold there, I believe.

There will of course, be those who will reckon that being

”The Hub Of Road Trauma” is a Badge of Courage.

9th globally!!?? 'Fudging' the figures again?

Who were the other eight that were worse?

Please DO NOT ask the Education Minister to answer that one! :coffee1:

13 hours ago, Tayaout said:

51% teens pregnancy? This is huge. In my country I know almost nobody who got pregnant before finishing high school... 

There's something wrong with that percentage, it might be up or down 51%, after all it is a Thai statistic??

13 hours ago, wisperone said:

9th globally? Call me cynical, but I don't believe it.

according to the World Atlas site we are still second!

still have the no 1 rating of accidents.will be hard to lose that one in a hurry.young school girls getting in the club as a previous comment that has being happening for years,that is a issue also

Corruption is the thread that can be traced to many of the ills that plague Thailand. Until that condition is remedied, progress will be delayed for decades.

ofcourse thailand have number one many negative thinks, because have wery poor education and wery stupid peoples, thai ranked number one ,traffic have dangerous, because peoples have totally idiot and no understand rules, corruption ,because all want only money but no want do anythink work,idiots. visa world stupid visa systems, becaus have idiots and no understand how much fail money have idiot visa systems. flood, because have idiots and no newer has build anythink good. and many many more fail because have idiots and <deleted> education systems and idiot peoples in goverment and ministers.

4 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Does anyone think that the red light/speed cameras would have been introduced if they were not seen as a profit generator?

Does it matter where the money goes, if it would make people to stop at a red light? The fines should be much higher though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crusader said:

It is very hard to find anything positive to say on this whole topic.  In my short 26 years in Bangkok, nothing has improved regards the standard of driving - and apart from the mid-month and end-of-month cash collections from the boys in brown, they seem to turn a blind eye as well to most violations.

Pretty much exactly the same that everyone who has lived here 10 + years has said to me. 

Each year a new initiative = Each year nothing changes 

14 hours ago, Tayaout said:

What age did kids finish high school in your country?

I finished at 16 in the UK, unfortunately many Thais finish at 15 or younger.

Besides all of the above, 51% teen pregnancy is quite alarming looked at from

a western perspective.