What happens with people when they enter Thailand?

Matzzon

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Matzzon said:

You are right. Unfortunately there are also big expat communities in those areas, that are showing all the signs I have tried to point out, which also contribute to how the Thais look at foreigners.

The vast majority of Thais will never experience a "bad" farang. Most Thais will never even meet a farang or have any dealings with farangs.

I used to pass by many villages and houses on my way to my wife's village. Probably none of people that live in them will ever meet a farang.

Farangs seem to indulge in a sort of fantasy that we are important to all the people in Thailand, when it is hardly true. Some of us will meet a few Thais, but it won't be many, and it probably won't affect them any more than the tourists I meet in my home country affect me.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The vast majority of Thais will never experience a "bad" farang. Most Thais will never even meet a farang or have any dealings with farangs.

I used to pass by many villages and houses on my way to my wife's village. Probably none of people that live in them will ever meet a farang.

Farangs seem to indulge in a sort of fantasy that we are important to all the people in Thailand, when it is hardly true. Some of us will meet a few Thais, but it won't be many, and it probably won't affect them any more than the tourists I meet in my home country affect me.

True, I do not belive or see myself as important at all. I do not see me as a contributor to their economy either, because we are talking promille out of the totl tourism sector as a calculated in another thread. However, I meet a lot of Thais on a daily basis, and have maybe as many as over 500-600 Thai friends.

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

After that you see them out in the nightlife acting like they own the country, and later at night they walk home with somebody that could be their granddaughter. Exactly something they would never think of doing in their home country. What is it that makes this change? What makes a person remove themselfs from descent behaviour and moral values?

Decent moral values? Who sets these values?

I am sure guys would take pretty girls home in their home country if they could afford it.

I always liked a pretty girl near me. But at "home" it's bloody expensive and in Thailand not so much.

In Thailand guys don't care what the stupid feminists think or want because why should they care what farang women want?

Guys are free to enjoy life here - even if it is not politically correct. Who cares!

If you want moral values maybe go to the bible belt in the USA. They have plenty of those values. Enjoy!

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

True, I do not belive or see myself as important at all. I do not see me as a contributor to their economy either, because we are talking promille out of the totl tourism sector as a calculated in another thread. However, I meet a lot of Thais on a daily basis, and have maybe as many as over 500-600 Thai friends.

500-600 friends ? really ? hahahah comedy gold right there.

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Let's be realistic- you have 500 - 600 Thai aquaintances. Most of us are lucky to have more than a few real friends in our lifetime.

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure guys would take pretty girls home in their home country if they could afford it.

I always liked a pretty girl near me. But at "home" it's bloody expensive and in Thailand not so much.

In Thailand guys don't care what the stupid feminists think or want because why should they care what farang women want?

Guys are free to enjoy life here - even if it is not politically correct. Who cares!

If you want moral values maybe go to the bible belt in the USA. They have plenty of those values. Enjoy!

You beat me to it.

Good job and response!

19 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I respect your opinion. However, you do know that Thai food is seen as a very high standard of flavours and quality all over the world?

The weather, One to his own. Ok, somethimes it can be too much. That also happens in our own homes.

I did say LOCAL thai food, not posh restaurant stuff. I see my 'family' cooking food in the morning which will be kept lukewarm all day. Cheapest palm or soy oil, and lots of it, MSG & sugar, minimum meat & vegetables. And tons of white rice. Healthy...I think not? Hence much cancer and coronaries in Thailand.

Now as for a Holland's meat pie...... LOL

19 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

I have been told that England has a totally crappy environment where you can't go outside without a coat. The food is totally bland without flavor (meat pies, ugh). 

Who told you that Mr Fred? HaveImage result for pictures of lake district

you ever been  there? Or tasted a Holland's meat pie. 

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

and later at night they walk home with somebody that could be their granddaughter. Exactly something they would never think of doing in their home country. What is it that makes this change? What makes a person remove themselfs from descent behaviour and moral values?

Is this about prostitution or ageism?

Leaving town can loosen inhibitions. I remember students falling out of hotel rooms during spring breaks: pretty sure they didn't do that at home. Seems a natural enough phenomenon. Like trying to give up smoking when everyone you know expects you to be smoking. Environment can reinforce and make change more difficult. So maybe someone who prefers an age difference might not have found that happiness at home by social constraints but feels less judged generally out of country. Not unlike how you might feel freer to pick your nose in public while driving, but not while working at your desk. Picking your nose in your car doesn't make you less moral. If not causing harm, why judge being less inhibited as being less moral?

One thing the OP seems to ignore is that whoring and/or having a "mia noi" is the Thai man's favorite past time. Soi I doubt they dislike the boombooming Farang for any moral reason. My guess is that, at best, they may feel dispossessed. 

57 minutes ago, madmen said:

Which one are you? 

Observing and learning by others, shouldnt take to many days to figure out what you should not do in Thailand. How about you sir?

I see your fans find your question useful, must feel guilty ????

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

First you ask who sets and what decent moral values is. 

Then you basically state that it´s only stupid feminists that not want to be a pretty girl be your side that a "real guy" can freely enjoy.

Decent moral values are set by the general population that are still in majority, and you just shown how you look upon it.

28 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

500-600 friends ? really ? hahahah comedy gold right there.

25 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Probably all on Facebook.   LOL

Nope it´s not. It´s people I regulary meet in real life, and that I whenever I want can visit and get treated like a guest with food, coffée, beer without paying or buying it. The same goes when they visit me. A life like it should be, so to say. Not the lifes made up by dreamers coming to this country.

28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Let's be realistic- you have 500 - 600 Thai aquaintances. Most of us are lucky to have more than a few real friends in our lifetime.

Nope, I have that many as I consider friends. I meet most of them at parties and other events as well as in their homes about 3-5 times a year.

25 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I did say LOCAL thai food, not posh restaurant stuff. I see my 'family' cooking food in the morning which will be kept lukewarm all day. Cheapest palm or soy oil, and lots of it, MSG & sugar, minimum meat & vegetables. And tons of white rice. Healthy...I think not? Hence much cancer and coronaries in Thailand.

Now as for a Holland's meat pie...... LOL

Ok, I happen to like local food and you don´t. Nothing better than a som tum poo pla raa, but the pla raa is looking tastier in the transparent version. Some fried chicken and a couple of pieces of khao neo.

28 minutes ago, thaicurious said:

Is this about prostitution or ageism?

Leaving town can loosen inhibitions. I remember students falling out of hotel rooms during spring breaks: pretty sure they didn't do that at home. Seems a natural enough phenomenon. Like trying to give up smoking when everyone you know expects you to be smoking. Environment can reinforce and make change more difficult. So maybe someone who prefers an age difference might not have found that happiness at home by social constraints but feels less judged generally out of country. Not unlike how you might feel freer to pick your nose in public while driving, but not while working at your desk. Picking your nose in your car doesn't make you less moral. If not causing harm, why judge being less inhibited as being less moral?

Yes, and sometimes you need that person that knows you and can come up behind you, see what you do. Just so you do not feel like you are in a country where nobody knows you and can drop all values in life. Prefer age difference? How big are you talking about? 77 and 18? If you do not see anything wrong with that, then you are beyond all help.

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Nope, I have that many as I consider friends. I meet most of them at parties and other events as well as in their homes about 3-5 times a year.

500 - 600 'friends' at parties 3 -5 times a year = 100 -200 of them at each party. Do you speak to every one of them?

26 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

because it isn't an option...

Why is it not?

Too expensive? - Therefore it´s better to take advantage of people in poorer countries that have to sell themselfs for making ends meet or are sold by human trafficking groups as well as working to pay thier parents debts. How many do you really believe enoys what they are doing and are doing it out of free will?

Or is it because oyur nieghbour can see you, or people you know can see you in your home, and you actually know it´s not the right way to go down?

7 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

man you are cool. 

can you remember the names of all 500 friends ? 

Yes. How cool it is, i don´t know. I just feel like a very blessed person that´s been accepted into their society and their world.

And remembering names can not be a problem. Just ask every teacher in all universities How many names do they remember? I am pretty sure they best me by far.

11 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

500 - 600 'friends' at parties 3 -5 times a year = 100 -200 of them at each party. Do you speak to every one of them?

To make that calculation, you must have the knowledge how many parities I go to every week or month. Do you?

If I would visit 2 parties per week, all year around. How would you calculate that? How many have to be on each party everytime for my estimation to be right?

However, to answer your question. Yes, I try to sit down and talk to them. As many of us have big amount of friends, we almost always can sit together when most of us all ready know eachother, which makes it easier. ???? 

18 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Sounds like your family aren't good cooks, which is unlike most Thais. Rice is only bad if eaten in excess, then it will make you fat. Likewise vegetable oils are OK if kept to a minimum. We don't use MSG, sugar or salt in cooking and we eat a lot of vegetables (from our garden mostly).

I'd throw up if I had to eat meat pies. Only crust (with lard) gravy (more lard) and some raunchy meat. 

Sorry to disagree but its not for me.

My wifes a chef

Thai food is ok actually good  BUT,

IMHO For me nothing to write home about  i eat it  but really compared to good Mediterranean food or Lebanese orTurkish food or even a good roast meal or even meat pies/ fish  n chips  or Indian food of any description 

It pales into insignificance 

PS i was sent here by company from the Middle East so sometimes its economic reasons that being people here 

56 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

First you ask who sets and what decent moral values is. 

Then you basically state that it´s only stupid feminists that not want to be a pretty girl be your side that a "real guy" can freely enjoy.

Decent moral values are set by the general population that are still in majority, and you just shown how you look upon it.

Ok, please publish your list of decent moral values. Let's see how you think a decent human should behave.

web3-saint-augustine-window-pd.jpg?quali

9 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

You didn't mentioned temples :tongue:

Gutter crawling filthy Aqualung as I am, thats why Im here. I did my time in Pattaya 25 years ago and one day I woke up next to a toothless midget and empty bottles of Mehkong whiskey and I said, dude, <deleted>, could this be an existential crisis? There has to be more than this.

So here I am, packing around thousands and thousands of dollars in camera equipment taking photos that will form my legacy when Im gone! Thailand is a fabulous place to take pictures. In fact, I shall go to somehwere today and find stuff to capture. Then be home by 6 eating the watermelon I bought yesterday for 90 cents!

NB: So that you guys dont think that I am some decrepit EDed old slob, I will go to Mixx this weekend if I am intown.

Archived