What happens with people when they enter Thailand?

Matzzon

5 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

so as a 25 year old man in the prime of your working life why did you come to thailand ? 

myself -i am a loser and i followed my older brother here. i always looked up to him and emulated what he did in life. then i stayed for hot weather and freedom i am allowed here. the hot babes didn't deter me either.

canada gets a tad cold at times. 

Ooh! I was bored out of life after beeing the owner of a construction company, and after switch to own and run restaurants, bars and nightclubs. I also was in for a quite nasty divorce. I had a choice to stay and continue and see my son once every two weeks, or sell everything and create a life somewhere else.

I chosed the second and that after some time ended up in Thailand after a lot of travel. My only regret is that I didn´t fight enough to be able to take my son with me. Have been making up for that later, though. He´s 22 now and are over here a lot nowadays.

When I came to Thailand I invested a bunch of money and suddenly things were easy to build and create. Ended up with a lot of half or a lttle bit better successful business and companies. All from export and manufacturing to production and web entrepreneur.

That landed me later with a nice and understanding lower to middle class wife, that I today live happily with togheter with our two daughters.

Still working making the bread on the table, and even as I am in Thailand can live a normal life with no urges the have three or more different woman every month.

Not because I can´t afford it. Could probably have one per days if that was the only barrier. Just because it´s same wrong like sitting drinking 5-10 beers per day in the same bar talking the same rubbish to the same people.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ooh! I was bored out of life after beeing the owner of a construction company, and after switch to own and run restaurants, bars and nightclubs. I also was in for a quite nasty divorce. I had a choice to stay and continue and see my son once every two weeks, or sell everything and create a life somewhere else.

I chosed the second and that after some time ended up in Thailand after a lot of travel. My only regret is that I didn´t fight enough to be able to take my son with me. Have been making up for that later, though. He´s 22 now and are over here a lot nowadays.

When I came to Thailand I invested a bunch of money and suddenly things were easy to build and create. Ended up with a lot of half or a lttle bit better successful business and companies. All from export and manufacturing to production and web entrepreneur.

That landed me later with a nice and understanding lower to middle class wife, that I today live happily with togheter with our two daughters.

Still working making the bread on the table, and even as I am in Thailand can live a normal life with no urges the have three or more different woman every month.

Not because I can´t afford it. Could probably have one per days if that was the only barrier. Just because it´s same wrong like sitting drinking 5-10 beers per day in the same bar talking the same rubbish to the same people.

you were doing ok until that last paragraph. who are you to judge how anyone spends their time in life ? you may think sitting drinking beers at the same bar every day is wrong but that doesn't mean it is wrong. to each their own right ? ps i quit drinking like 10 years ago - knew it would eventually kill me so i decided to stop. still doesn't mean it is wrong for others to live that life. i used to smoke cigs as well. stopped that a few years ago too. doesn't mean i judge other dirty smelly gross smokers lol....o wait

4 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

you were doing ok until that last paragraph. who are you to judge how anyone spends their time in life ? you may think sitting drinking beers at the same bar every day is wrong but that doesn't mean it is wrong. to each their own right ? ps i quit drinking like 10 years ago - knew it would eventually kill me so i decided on stop. still doesn't mean it is wrong for others to live that life. i used to smoke cigs as well. stopped that a few years ago too. doesn't mean i judge other dirty smelly gross smokers lol....o wait

Still talking about the general population, that is also to be seen as a majority. Regarding their common views it´s:

Wrong to drink everyday and wrong to have the urge for different women and handling them like tools of pleasure all the time.

Are you going to deny that too?

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

For many that was the attraction. To deny it would be silly.

The weather is hot, like many places in the world, the food is just food- does anyone pay large to travel hours in a tube just to eat food?

Yes. But they fly to France or Italy - not Thailand.

13 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Still talking about the general population, that is also to be seen as a majority. Regarding their common views it´s:

Wrong to drink everyday and wrong to have the urge for different women and handling them like tools of pleasure all the time.

Precisely the reason I avoid the "majority" and their narrow views of the world.

Just now, Matzzon said:

Still talking about the general population, that is also to be seen as a majority. Regarding their views it´s:

what the general population thinks is irrelevant. this life is full of choices. again. who are you or anyone else (including the general population as a whole) to judge how another spends their time on this planet ? i mean you could talk about things like drug use or abortion. both sides have varying ideas of what is right and wrong. so drinking and sex would fall into the same sort of scenario no ? you assume that having sex with different women is wrong. it very may be in your circle of life...... but there are hundreds of millions of men that would disagree with that. check out mans history of infidelity.

personally i feel it would be right to legalize ALL drugs. who are you or anyone else to tell another what they can or cannot put into their own body ? you and others on this forum may disagree and think it is wrong. doesn't make it so.

i think you would find that the majority of men (if capable. which is usually not the case hence them not doing it) would gladly satisfy that urge for different woman as much as they could. now i am generalizing yes but can you honestly say i am that far off the mark ? 

almost all other male species on this planet act in a similar way when it comes to sex with females. we are mammals after all.

sincerely 

judgy mcjudger

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Up to you, if you consider a 49 year ole man. Have been living here since I was about 25, building my life in Thailand. See how wrong you can assume things from start. ???? 

It appears on the surface that you sir are making unwarranted assumptions about the expat community...you may want to turn your attention to more pressing matters for many expats...how to deal with hospital price gouging being encouraged by this current expat abusive government...

11 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

It appears on the surface that you sir are making unwarranted assumptions about the expat community...you may want to turn your attention to more pressing matters for many expats...how to deal with hospital price gouging being encouraged by this current expat abusive government...

I have a very good advice in that matter. If you can´t afford your hospital bills in the country you stay. Yeah, then it´s time to consider the option to go home. Not come and tell me that option is burned too. In that case it was bad planning from start. Anyones ideas of a happy life in a foreign country without careful and good planning is a waste of a persons hour of life.

10 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I have a very good advice in that matter. If you can´t afford your hospital bills in the country you stay. Yeah, then it´s time to consider the option to go home. Not come and tell me that option is burned too. In that case it was bad planning from start. Anyones ideas of a happy life in a foreign country without careful and good planning is a waste of a persons hour of life.

How does one plan for a hospital healthcare increase of 200%...be realistic...

55 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

urge for different women and handling them like tools of pleasure all the time

Isn't that part of the deal?

We help them to buy beautiful houses up country to live there happily after with their brother.

And someone has to pay for all those expensive phones.

What's wrong with that?

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, and sometimes you need that person that knows you and can come up behind you, see what you do. Just so you do not feel like you are in a country where nobody knows you and can drop all values in life. Prefer age difference? How big are you talking about? 77 and 18? If you do not see anything wrong with that, then you are beyond all help.

Yeah, I suspected this was more about you exalting your ageism than about you denouncing prostitution. Here, let me help you with your morals: You should be ashamed of yourself.

As unsurprising as it is to find the judgmental guy also being presumptuous, dude, by your statement here, you don't know a deleting thing about me.

Just because you believe you need others to keep you "moral" doesn't mean we all do. Just because I note that leaving one area might lessen inhibitions doesn't mean I'm so affected. Just because someone does not enjoy your values means neither that they are without values nor of lesser values.

That seeing 77 and 18 might strike me as oddly as watching you get your rocks off by judging everyone else, should I be sadder for them that they found their happy or happier for you that you've found your misery. Because both of you seem to have gotten what you want, so I guess I should be glad for the both of yas. Have a nice day.

I hope this isn't too long winded... but here goes: I must admit, I'm always a bit shocked at the amount of negativity I find here on TV. I've been fortunate to have been able to work pretty much all over the world. Some places I've liked, some not so much. The not so much ones I got my work done as quickly as possible and left. None were intolerable. However, I've loved Thailand since the first day I arrived. I was fortunate to not be in Bangkok but in the south in a fairly small village. Good way to actually get to know people and learn about their culture. Certainly I found a lot of "Change" required on my part. I started to learn the language, at least conversationally, as soon as possible. I quickly learned that no matter who you met on the street, they really appreciated that I was at least able to speak to them. There was virtually no English outside of work. Thais are very friendly people when you meet them halfway. Granted, it's a different story in bangkok. Unfortunately they have had westernism shoved down their throats and many object to it and that gets carried over into their experiences with Farangs. One of my biggest problems here is bringing in skilled expat labor. My biggest line of questioning is to find out if they can actually survive in adult disneyland and get to work everyday. I've had to make it clear that the first time they came to work hungover or if I had to get them out of jail, they were gone. Most survived, a few didn't. Some can handle it, some can't. Now a days my biggest concern is for when I elect to retire, if I ever do, what do I have to do to stay here. That's one of the reasons I enjoy TV because I get some clues into what's coming for me. I fully intend to stay here, my life is here. I have no desire to return to the States for anything other than a visit, and those are getting far and few between. For me the key to surviving and thriving in Thailand is to adapt to them and not expect them to adapt to me. Okay, that's enough from me. Go ahead, I'm ready for the thrashing!

14 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Here it comes many so called expats and settle down. After that you see them out in the nightlife acting like they own the country, and later at night they walk home with somebody that could be their granddaughter

Supply & Demand.  Matched by same amount of girls who tell you in your face "I no want to work for small money" ... and expect everything to get shuffled up their bum. It's easier than working for it. Even the educated ones with University degree pull that sh@#T off.

Amazed you are asking after 20 years here ????

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

To make that calculation, you must have the knowledge how many parities I go to every week or month. Do you?

If I would visit 2 parties per week, all year around. How would you calculate that? How many have to be on each party everytime for my estimation to be right?

However, to answer your question. Yes, I try to sit down and talk to them. As many of us have big amount of friends, we almost always can sit together when most of us all ready know eachother, which makes it easier. ???? 

In your post No. 51 you said 3 - 5 times per year.

Different strokes for different folks. As long as you're not hurting anyone other than yourself, then it is your call on what you do.

Respect others, realize their values don't have to align with all of yours, and you'll have less grief.

"I started to learn the language, at least conversationally, as soon as possible. I quickly learned that no matter who you met on the street, they really appreciated that I was at least able to speak to them."

Even if you do so poorly. You'll improve over time, maybe.

You're on their turf, show respect by making effort to learn the language. I am amazed at expats that have been here for decades and can't speak a lick of Thai. If nothing else, at least you can learn what the girls really think of you in bars if you keep understanding a secret. On second thought...

28 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Amazed you are asking after 20 years here ????

You got me on that one. ???? Actually, I know questionmarks in places, I am not asking. Just sick of hearing the sleezy garbage dump attitude too mant people have.

1 hour ago, thaicurious said:

Yeah, I suspected this was more about you exalting your ageism than about you denouncing prostitution. Here, let me help you with your morals: You should be ashamed of yourself.

As unsurprising as it is to find the judgmental guy also being presumptuous, dude, by your statement here, you don't know a deleting thing about me.

Just because you believe you need others to keep you "moral" doesn't mean we all do. Just because I note that leaving one area might lessen inhibitions doesn't mean I'm so affected. Just because someone does not enjoy your values means neither that they are without values nor of lesser values.

That seeing 77 and 18 might strike me as oddly as watching you get your rocks off by judging everyone else, should I be sadder for them that they found their happy or happier for you that you've found your misery. Because both of you seem to have gotten what you want, so I guess I should be glad for the both of yas. Have a nice day.

Why do you think I found my misery? I am just dicussing an appearently hot topic. You know, the sort where everybody try to convince themselfs it´s nothing wrong with a disgusting and bad behaviour, just to feel ok with their own downfall from decency.

27 minutes ago, Emdog said:

"I started to learn the language, at least conversationally, as soon as possible. I quickly learned that no matter who you met on the street, they really appreciated that I was at least able to speak to them."

Even if you do so poorly. You'll improve over time, maybe.

Coffee shop on the street.

Coffee ron, kap

Arai?

Coffee ... hot please

Arai na? 

Hot, Coffee ... hot!?!

Looking at my Thai girl next to me ... she says, kafee ka

Ohhhhhhh, Kaffeeeeeeeee

Thanks very much! The ignorance is pathetic, all over ... what are you selling in a Coffeeeeeee shop that you don't understand? Acting like I ordered Pork knuckles? Laughing their a#@s off when Farangs have a tone incorrect.

And then they have to make a simple international english sentence and only garbage comes out.

How charming.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Isn't that part of the deal?

We help them to buy beautiful houses up country to live there happily after with their brother.

And someone has to pay for all those expensive phones.

What's wrong with that?

Exactly, you come here and participate in something that is supposed to be seen as a deal instead of the relationship you show it off to be in front of the people you know. And then oyu have the story that you have heard from your older farang friends about the brother. Let me ask you. Who are you giong to pass that myth on to?

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Wow! What a great way to describe your own wife.

What does it matter to you? Wasn´t it only a deal, or have you changed your mind? Don´t come here and state that suddenly the word respect means something to you.

Archived