What happens with people when they enter Thailand?

Matzzon

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Exactly, you come here and participate in something that is supposed to be seen as a deal instead of the relationship you show it off to be in front of the people you know. And then oyu have the story that you have heard from your older farang friends about the brother. Let me ask you. Who are you giong to pass that myth on to?

There is a difference between a romantic relationship and having fun with bar girls.

Most of us can differentiate between one and the other.

And for some of us one of those develops into the other.

It's not really so difficult to understand... 

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, brokenbone said:

if you look at OP inquiry, youll notice he didnt

pose the question why foreigners all of a sudden succumb

to feeding on thai food, or sunbath, he took issue

over that foreigners partake in the prostitution business

that is so prevalent here. pay attention

But that's a very grey area ... that prostitution business here in Thailand. Especially since they are masters of the girl friend experience on holiday.

Talk to any guy, most of them have met their girls somewhere in a bar or when they were out partying on their first holiday etc.

Sure there are exceptions, but if you are honest, the majority have met their current wife's/partners in a prostitution kind of environment, but often didn't feel like it.

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

Do you feel comfortable going to places where the girls do not have any other choices, and it is not their choice to be a prostitute? 

Most of them we meet in tourist areas, is already broken down before they come there, and find themselves in a place or situation they can not get out of. 

Maybe you should go there yourself and talk to them yourself preferably in Thai.

Then you will hopefully learn that someone told you a lot of BS.

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you should go there yourself and talk to them yourself preferably in Thai.

Then you will hopefully learn that someone told you a lot of BS.

I have been around, and lived many places, seen many who is stuck there in a life they have two choices, go home to the village, or continue living in "paradise" having fun with men in the bars, being taken to paradise islands, temples, reataurants, do the same talking over and over, and drink with customers week after weeks, years after years. Men come and leave, and the same all over again, just like an normal boring job, but here they have to sleep with men to get more paid. 

Some customers is great, and some not so, but often they have duties, and can not choose, or know before the go with someone who is not so good. 

It is not science is it? You as customer can choose, some of them can not. Thats the difference. 

23 minutes ago, Tagged said:

It is not science is it? You as customer can choose, some of them can not. Thats the difference.

Sorry, hundreds and hundreds of freelancers in i.e. Insomnia, Walking, who have a choice, but don't want to.

My ex-girlfriend was one of them ... University degree ... doesn't want to work for other people for money.

Loves going out, make up, attention, party, travel, want's everything getting paid for ... she's young, pretty, the home town is boring. 

Goal is to meet a Farang who supports her lazy life style. 

Driving a car on loan, 8k per month, orders food without a care in the world and wants to get a salary on top.

Ex girlfriend now, but if you want, you can still see her running around back in Insomnia, a few times a week, whenever she feels like.

Lot's and lot's of these kind of girls around.

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

later at night they walk home with somebody that could be their granddaughter. Exactly something they would never think of doing in their home country.

This guy is a comedian (or is that troglodyte?).

When I was 13, I used to look at girls and wonder what they had under those clothes.

By the time I was 23, I used to be quite good at getting the clothes off - anywhere I could, back of the car; in a field; changing rooms; swimming pool (though we did get thrown out).

By the time I was 33 I was extremely good at getting the clothes off, no longer needing to go out and get drunk to do it.

At 43 much the same thing - but perhaps more subtle and a lot more successful.

At 53, I started to notice that the girls chasing me were just too old for me or probably out looking for an easy meal ticket. I lost a lot of interest in them - but that just means the statistics were swinging against me.

... but I will ALWAYS think of doing that in ANY country. 

The only reason I wouldn't do it in the UK is that people think men are all dirty perverts. I actually remember getting threatened out in a club when I was 34 years old by a bunch of 20's neanderthals seeking to protect the sweet innocent slappers.

Thankfully most Thai's don't do this - they probably respect women enough to know that the women themselves can decide if they're interested or not, and it's not your business to judge them or whatever guy they decide to be with.

I never did pick up girls out in bars or clubs though, so maybe it's the 'nightlife' thing that's colouring your judgement, nobody hates me for what I do because it's my own business and I don't parade it around the streets.

I'm especially happy (as I don't hang around areas where there are many white people) to find a complete absence of uneducated white people who think they're smart enough that they can sit in judgement and wave a finger at me. Interestingly it's generally only white people who do that - I remember one clown on a super harley fatboy in his leathers (sorry, that's '175 farty') waving a finger at me on my GSX-R750 with my then 8 month old son in a harness on the front.

Freedom is why I'm here - despite the apparent craziness and heavy respect for law and order, there's a distinct lack of enforcement that means it's quite okay for you to decide to just scoot down to the 7-11 without putting a helmet on - and if a 23 year old girl is curious enough it's also quite okay to ask her if she'd like to drop by for coffee.

Hasn't the OP thought that perhaps young women are not available to men of quality in their home country? That quantity of partners is more highly thought of than quality partners in their home countries? That perhaps the OP is a miserable twisted fart who has woken up out of a sweaty dream and looked out of the window at the real world?

5 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Sorry, hundreds and hundreds of freelancers in i.e. Insomnia, Walking, who have a choice, but don't want to.

My ex-girlfriend was one of them ... University degree ... doesn't want to work for other people for money.

Loves going out, make up, attention, party, travel, want's everything getting paid for ... she's young, pretty, the home town is boring. 

Goal is to meet a Farang who supports her lazy life style. 

Driving a car on loan, 8k per month, orders food without a care in the world and wants to get a salary on top.

Ex girlfriend now, but if you want, you can still see her running around back in Insomnia, a few times a week, whenever she feels like.

Lot's and lot's of these kind of girls around.

We can aggree, there is girls who have a choice, and have the strenght, the passion, and also benefit great from what they do. Even like it. 

It may be of interest to the OP to know there is a vacancy for a moderator in the Baptist sub forum. Apparently Elder Dobbins went on a fact finding tour to Pattaya four weeks ago and hasn't been seen or heard of since. Some members are concerned he may have discovered another use for a certain body part usually involved in peeing out of.

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I guess dual pricing may help that argument , from entering a park to a taxi motorbike!

if dual price happens to you ALL times I think u kinda p...ed off..also if an traffic accident happens its the falang s fault because if he- the falang white nose  would not be in LOS that accident would not had happened ( thai logic )

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You are the second quoting it would take too much time or that I would have to meet them in groups of hundreds. I guess I just have to make a calculation, due to that the mathematic playing field is not up to par. My advice before posting, buy a calculator. Push in the same number twice, just to check yourself. Anyway, here we go:

Let´s easy say 500 friends. 2 parties or meetings a week. meeting everyone about 5 times per year.

That´s 104 parties or meetings as well as events or just a barbecue party in the graden per year.

In that case it would only need to be under 5 on each to meet them 1 time each. Fot it to be possible with 5 times that would mean 25 in every group every time.

Suddenly that´s like only 25% of the manic estimation you just posted. 

Of course that is not a reality, because sometimes it is 100-200, and sometimes only 5-10 per gathering.

But, ok! Math lesson over.

Yes I have seen the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in action. Hundreds of friends all meeting and having a great time.

33 minutes ago, Tagged said:

You as customer can choose, some of them can not.

As far as I know most girls can decided if they go with a customer or not.

Worst case the boss tells them to go or they are fired. And then they can walk away and get a job in another bar.

Many bars want new girls and don't get them. So many girls can decide how they want to work and what they are willing to do.

Most of them make more money just from lady drinks than minimum salary workers in Thailand. And extra income is extra - they don't need that extra money to cover a basic lifestyle.

Strange. I don't associate with people the op described and I certainly don't fit into the mold he regurgitated. Perhaps he hangs out with some "interesting people" and in "interesting places", to arrive at such a state of mind.

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

First you ask who sets and what decent moral values is. 

Then you basically state that it´s only stupid feminists that not want to be a pretty girl be your side that a "real guy" can freely enjoy.

Decent moral values are set by the general population that are still in majority, and you just shown how you look upon it.

Incorrect, they do not get to freely enjoy them. They have to compensate financially. Due to the costs of living compared to the west, the prices are very affordable, as he stated explicitly too. YOU made the judgement that it is immoral to... *Drumroll*... Find hot Thai girls attractive. It is not. The next thing you can argue is these girls were forced to do it. That may be true for some as they have some abusive mother/boyfriend whatever that's pushing them to do it so they get a piece of the pie. But certainly not true for all prostitutes, and the compensation they get let's them enjoy a luxury lifestyle, or only working a couple months per year etc. You're at a tough spot to try to criticize prostitution. Perhaps you're unhappy in your relationship, otherwise why would it bother you what others enjoy,  and can't enjoy what they're getting?

@MatzzonIn my over 20 years in Thailand, I have always been amazed over how Thailand changes people.

I came here for a holiday with a mate, had no idea what to expect, heard some stuff about the bar girls, as I did here about the Philippines, I didn't come here as a sex tourist, but hey, sheet happens as they say, the lambs come for the slaughter, fortunately for me, I didn't get slaughtered, had a good time with a few girls before I met another young lady in a bar and married her 6 months later, what !!!!, call her a prostitute if you like, I refer to her as my village slut, if you can understand that.

You see to me a woman is a woman, regardless of her career, status etc etc, and when one is looking or not looking for a mate, when you find her, if you're lucky enough as I believe I am, you appreciate the luck that was casted upon you, many blokes in my situation, many not too, some say they met their wives in shopping centres, well, they probably did, as they do freelance there as well by day, and elsewhere by night, disco's etc etc i.e. if they don't want to be chained to a bar/restricted, mondain job entertaining some clowns, others not, boss breaking their balls, fortunately for my wife, her sister had a partner who owned the bar, and they looked after her best they could, and as she needed to make money to support her one year old twins from a bad break up with a Thai, this scene was something new for her, God forbid, she could have worked at 7/11 and made 250 baht a day for 12 hours work, Vs 4,000 for an hour, you see Thai's don't look at sex as westerns do, i.e. unless you have a dysfunctional Thai partner who is jealous etc etc etc, but that is another story.

But to answer your question, Thailand woke me up, I saw an opportunity to be free from the usual state controlled environment I lived in back in Oz, and it is cheaper to live here, yes Thailand has her warts as does Ozstralia, they are different by far, but I chose to move here and am much happier and more relaxed, also having money does help, and the young ladies here are very friendly and are always up for a good serve, naturally I will give them something for their services, regardless if they don't ask, as I know how things work, in western countries the woman also like some kind of reward, whether its drinks before hand, or drinks afterwards, here, I don't get those calls, saying you don't call me anymore, or what's up, you have my number, I miss you, was I just a one night stand, ah hello, I told you it was just for tonight, selective hearing for some, trying to throw thyself upon thee...lol, Thai girls here that I give my number too, do not call me, they know I am married, I call them, and if they are available, we hook up, if they don't answer, they don't call back, they will wait till I call them again, so they are respectful in that regard.

Here it comes many so called expats and settle down. After that you see them out in the nightlife acting like they own the country, and later at night they walk home with somebody that could be their granddaughter. Exactly something they would never think of doing in their home country. What is it that makes this change? What makes a person remove themselfs from descent behaviour and moral values?

What is decent behaviour, and who's moral values are we talking about, societies in general ?

I mean, I am pushing 60, consider myself a fairly decent looking tall guy who dresses well and looks about 15 years younger than his age, I have always had younger women in my life, abroad or here, young enough to be my granddaughter, well almost, but not quite, but one thing you are overlooking is they are all consenting adults and if they are willing, why not, why should age discriminate, suffice to say whether it's for monetary gain or not, if not, I am always up for the challenge, and to be quite frank, what do you perceive women to be, some kind of sacred thing that needs to be taken care of, sorry to disappoint, but woman love a guy who knows how to treat a woman in bed, none of this Hollywood <deleted> or gentleman stuff, they want fun, sex, good sex, and a great time to remember, i.e. the missionary went out the window a long times ago, but I do get my push-ups in when I need too.

They want to forget whatever boring moments/problems they had prior to meeting you, stability, well yeh, that's another topic, so when I see someone older walking down the road with a young sheila, I say good onya mate, as opposed to scoffing at his run on the board, you only live once, and if that means paying a young lady for her services, well why not, as I said, if she is up for it, why not, sounds to me like you're either old fashion or jealous, don't take offence, just trying to work out what category you fit in, since your stereotyping these guys. 

At the same time, the same bunch constantly complain about how hard it is to stay here and that the rules should be changed for them. They also feel like they are not welcome in Thailand and that they are hated by the Thai population.

Yes well, I wouldn't know as I don't ask them and personally don't care.

How can they expect to be loved, when they live and behave like they own the country without any thoughts regarding what is considered right or wrong and have lost all recognition of a descent behaviour most of them had before they left their home country? How can they even ask for leaner rules and changes in the immigration law, when they are a part of the reason why the rules get stricter due to their behaviour that is not accepted anymore in this country?

What is right and wrong, as long as they are not offending others, or breaking the laws of the country, then all and good, but having a young sheila hanging off of your arm going back to yours, even a little tipsy, is not a crime as long as she's legal. I can tell you this behaviour is accepted worldwide, i.e. unless it's in a Muslim country, and last I checked, we are still safe here. 

I know many questions, but I am just curious to hear som of the input out there. I hope we can keep a descent discussion, without personal attacks and just refer to a specific part of the expat population in Thailand. No names mentioned or specific persons referred to.

I hope you don't think I am on the attack, but it does urke me when people such as yourself, judge blokes like me or older having a good time with a young sheila, maybe 40 years his junior, it might not look normal for older looking blokes, and the ones who dress down, but hey, life is short and if he's having a good time, why not, like I said, as long as they are both consenting adults, sel-a-vee, we should not discriminate based on age, colour or sex, just have as much as we can with as many younger/legal ones we can with before we all end up in the same place, i.e. if your into like me, it's like eating good quality food, or the desert after your meal, sweet........

46 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I have been around, and lived many places, seen many who is stuck there in a life they have two choices, go home to the village, or continue living in "paradise" having fun with men in the bars, being taken to paradise islands, temples, reataurants, do the same talking over and over, and drink with customers week after weeks, years after years. Men come and leave, and the same all over again, just like an normal boring job, but here they have to sleep with men to get more paid. 

Some customers is great, and some not so, but often they have duties, and can not choose, or know before the go with someone who is not so good. 

Pretty much every business is either going bankrupt, about to go bankrupt, or making a slight profit, and of course some few make great profits. But still no business owner would come to the insane conclusion to turn down a customer because they don't like their shoes or some random <deleted>. Why on Earth would this be different for prostitutes, unless they're so lucky they can literally choose...

Enjoying the time with the customer is a bonus, it's not a real date, that's why you pay for her, silly! LOL

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Nope, it´s not. I am posing some questions related to eachother, if you read and understand my start. That is how so many persons can come to Thailand and forget everything they know about values, manors and respect. Indulging in the darks scences, and after that wants some respect regarding rules and regulations as well as the respect of Thai people. Who will respect people who do not respect themselfs?

Read above. There is nothing about high moral ground. Just about ordinary and natural things like giving and showing respect for a country and it´s population to get respect in return.

You find diverse tourist locations attract different types of visitors. The make up of the average tourist to the Costa del sol , for example , would be different to those who favour Tuscany.

However much you might wish or pretend otherwise , Thai tourism was based on sunshine , beaches , attractive available girls and above all the fact that it was cheap.

Consequently it attracted visitors who enjoyed such things, these were the visitors who drove the tourist trade.

Now it may be that the government no longer welcomes these people , perhaps finds them an embarassment , well if that is the  case they should make the country desirable to other groups.

In your 20 years here have you seen any major efforts made to improve the tourist experience , I haven't.

The beaches are dirty and the sea in many parts heavily polluted , the roads are a death trap , the scams have never been eliminated. In short the driving force has always been to extract the maximum amount of cash for the least amount of effort.

Thailand gets the tourists it deserves , Som nam na.

Im sorry that these facts leave a bitter taste in pious and morally upstanding folk such as yourself , perhaps you need to find a new habitat , I hear Vatican city is pleasant.

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Load of nonsense

Maybe for you, but not in my experience. Don't want to argue too much around this whether true or not, but every time the topic comes up ... where did you met your wife? It's followed by 10 seconds of silence.

Not only here in Thailand. It was the same back in Europe when I brought a Thai girl over many years ago.

Lot's of visa questions to circle around, where have you met? You can't say in a bar, it's a 100% decline.

Thousands of stories on forums full with this discussions when you research this.

Later I thought it would be a good idea to get the girl in contact with other Thais back in Europe, to make her feel better, socialise ... Thai meetings.

All the couples I have talked to there, too ... most of them met in a bar, one way or another.

Not going to argue this, just my own experience ... exceptions, yes. Maybe via friends, online dating something like that.

I hardly hear any story about a guy picking up a 7/11 girl or a nurse from the hospital or a clerk from the local bank.

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I guess dual pricing may help that argument , from entering a park to a taxi motorbike!

I haven't seen a lot of dual pricing with motorbikes in my experience the low life taxi mafia screws thais as well as farang... but I have also seen honest motorbike taxi fares in Bangkok but never in Pattaya...

11 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You are right. Unfortunately there are also big expat communities in those areas, that are showing all the signs I have tried to point out, which also contribute to how the Thais look at foreigners. Not saying that all expats are included, but there are apearently enough many to create a kind of stamp.

Oh please , do you seriously think Thailand doesn't have its home grown problem cases. Do you consider the village drunks and perverts , the ubiquitous local brothels to be indicative of basic Thai standards of morality ?

To zero in on a particular group is lazy thinking and the worst type of xenophobia. 

There are basicly morally bankrupt people in all societies , the Thai who castigates Farangs, or vice versa, is simply demonstrating their own bigotry.

I respect your opinion. However, you do know that Thai food is seen as a very high standard of flavours and quality all over the world?

The weather, One to his own. Ok, somethimes it can be too much. That also happens in our own homes.

Royal Thai cuisine is certainly celebrated world wide.

Chicken feet , grissle and roots not so much !

However, you do know that Thai food is seen as a very high standard of flavours and quality all over the world?

The weather, One to his own. Ok, somethimes it can be too much. That also happens in our own homes.

Funny, for me it's the other way around .... Thai food sometimes can be too much, but the weather I always like.

Rainy or sunshine, always good for only t-shirts and flip flops ???? 

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

We can aggree, there is girls who have a choice, and have the strenght, the passion, and also benefit great from what they do. Even like it. 

Yes ???? A passion for it they have for sure, and even like it, as you say, they love sex , young girls also have their needs and they can choose who ever they want, and fill their pockets at the same time. Very dangerous girls.

That was one rollercoaster with that University wannabie hi-so girl. It was a great time, but no, better never again!

The next Thai girl I meet who tells me she's educated and shows me a graduation picture, I run away as fast as I can ????

You can better get a decent down to earth girl out of a bar if you have to.

20 hours ago, brokenbone said:

its cheaper here, prostitutes are cheaper

as a function of population percentage

willing to prostitute them self, and

generally lower wages, that dampens the asking price.

you could say a functioning market economy

Your a sick man.

Well, it might be a false equivalency but since you brought it up.....  If the "bad" farangs, meaning the ones with, as you call it, low moral standards, are the benchmark for "bad", then you can take solace in the idea that we, as a collective category, ain't got nuffin' on the Thais you put on a pedestal.

20 years here, allegedly, and OP is still baffled, rolling around on the TVF floor for days now, moaning about moaners and now, farangs who like a bit of tail before they kick their cloggs.   Yeah, you're chock full of virtues, upset at being in the same "farang" basket with the rest of us.  It's all about you.  Poor, poor you.  :hit-the-fan:

Archived