Acid attack victims to receive surgery in US

geovalin

Two acid attack victims will travel to the United States later this month to receive reconstructive surgery from medical experts in Los Angeles. According to an article by Post Magazine in 2014, Chheav Chenda and her daughter Malita suffered an acid attack in February 2008 as they were on a motorbike making their way home in Phnom Penh.

It said Malita, who was three years old at the time, was sitting in front of Ms Chenda when two men doused them with acid. Malita suffered extensive burns to her body, including her face and arms, while Ms Chenda was left scarred and blind. The Cambodian Children’s Fund held a press conference yesterday to announce that Ms Chenda and her daughter will travel to California for treatment.

Ms Chenda said she was disheartened after the attack, but now she has hope because of CCF. “My life has become brighter since I’ve lived and worked at the CCF. My eyes are blind, but my life is no longer blind after I’ve met Scott [CCF founder], who has helped my daughter and I get better,” she said, noting that they’ve lived with CCF since 2011.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50639645/acid-attack-victims-to-receive-surgery-in-us/

Archived