No more flaunting of "red plate" licence laws, says DLT chief

webfact

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I am confused because LTO doesn't care about people's complain, it happen to me no later than last July thus your comment may apply to your specific area but not to all areas, my right to be surprised, sorry if you didn't like that emoji

Your emi showed you were confused, so I asked why confused.

When we had a plate problem we went to the LTO, they gave us an official form to show the police, which tells me they supply this form to folk with a plate ploblem. As it was official I would have thought that the land of forms would have it at all LTO's..????

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, transam said:

Your emi showed you were confused, so I asked why confused.

When we had a plate problem we went to the LTO, they gave us an official form to show the police, which tells me they supply this form to folk with a plate ploblem. As it was official I would have thought that the land of forms would have it at all LTO's..????

as I said, not in my province, Trang, dealer (Mazda) told me plates would be back with 60 days (in May) waited around 75 days and went for trip, traffic police looking for somebody or something stopped me asking for the registration, showed them dealer papers they gave me notice to provide proper registration within 10 working days, went to DLT/LTO showed them the police request and they told me to go back to the dealer because they didn't started the plates/registration process, went to dealer and was told he would be done by end of the week, nothing had to pay 2,000 baht, asked money back from dealer and to no avail... thus my surprise that you had better outcome... but one should know, this is Thailand and not one standard applies to same potential issue FYI did went back to the dealer,  explained the problem to the general manager and last week was surprised to receive credit to my bank acct in the amount of 2,000 baht it (eventually) all ends well

On 9/3/2019 at 4:41 PM, tifino said:

well... both words have their respective place, albeit somewhere in different places in the story... 

- flaunt - is in the eyes of the beholder

- flout - is in the eye of the Law

actually, no.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/is-it-wrong-to-confuse-flaunt-and-flout

to flaunt is to show something off, or display ostentatiously.

look at the way shes waving that diamond ring around, she flaunts her wealth.

did you see her blow that policeman a kiss as she ran the red light? she flaunts her disregard for the law.

to flout is to contemptuously ignore or disregard convention.

as she enter the gentleman's club she pushed the doorman aside flouting their men only policy.

she drove excessively quickly ignoring every stop sign and flouting traffic laws at every turn.

forgive the pedantry, but this kind of wrong usage irks me.

On 9/5/2019 at 11:48 AM, metempsychotic said:

actually, no.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/is-it-wrong-to-confuse-flaunt-and-flout

to flaunt is to show something off, or display ostentatiously.

look at the way shes waving that diamond ring around, she flaunts her wealth.

did you see her blow that policeman a kiss as she ran the red light? she flaunts her disregard for the law.

to flout is to contemptuously ignore or disregard convention.

as she enter the gentleman's club she pushed the doorman aside flouting their men only policy.

she drove excessively quickly ignoring every stop sign and flouting traffic laws at every turn.

forgive the pedantry, but this kind of wrong usage irks me.

You dont say!!!

Archived