Two injured in late night motorcycle accident

Rimmer

Two injured in late night motorcycle accident

p2-N-Aug-29-03-Two-bikers-injured.jpg

SATTAHIP:--Two people sustained multiple injuries when the motorcycle they were riding veered off the road and struck a concrete kilometer marker in Sattahip.

Driver Chanote Ladee, 19, from Bangkok was left unconscious and pillion rider Rungsiya Bantao, 40, from Amnartcharoen received lacerations and deep bruises during the impact which was so heavy it knocked the concrete barrier off its mooring.

The motorcycle was a write off.

Police surmised Driver Chanote fell asleep at km marker 174 while riding along the dark Sukhumvit Road, Sattahip-Taotan route at 2.30 a.m. Aug 29.

Sawang Rochana Thammasathan Sattahip Foundation rescue workers took the injured for treatment to Queen Sirikit Hospital.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-09-03--

18 hours ago, jchfriis said:

I've been riding motorcycles for more than 35 years and I've had a pillion passenger almost fall asleep. but I fail to se how the rider can!

Any evidence that he (the driver) did? Face it, he was drunk and drove above the speed that he could handle.  Falled asleep, hillarious!

19 hours ago, jchfriis said:

I've been riding motorcycles for more than 35 years and I've had a pillion passenger almost fall asleep. but I fail to se how the rider can!

Can recall fighting drowsiness while riding on highway at night. Possible. At speed, just a momentary lapse is enough. 

On 9/3/2019 at 2:07 PM, jchfriis said:

Here, they're like horses. They can sleep whilst standing up.

Archived