Buying crypto currency

ThePioneer

I have to make a payment with crypto currency.

I was suggested to create a free wallet using blockchain.com

Next I will have to buy the required crypto currency with my credit card. CC will be European Mastercard.

My understanding is that price and services may vary between the different platforms, and that using a certain crypto over another may make a difference.

So my question to you is, can you advise me which platform and which currency is the best and cheapest to complete the transaction.

FYI I will have to pay 800 GBP

9 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

I have to make a payment with crypto currency.

Why must you pay in a crypto currency.  Even if you are being blackmailed I would not pay anyone who insists on being paid in that way.  How do you prove you have paid your bill/get a refund etc?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nothing wrong paying for service with bitcoin. If you need to pay via credit card try coinbase, coinmama, virwox, etc. However the fees are higher than if you pay directly from a bank account. 

Edited by Tayaout

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

"payment is for an IPTV serviceservice"

What's that?

From Wikipedia...

Internet Protocol television (IPTV) is the delivery of television content over Internet Protocol (IP) networks. This is in contrast to delivery through traditional terrestrial, satellite, and cable television formats. Unlike downloaded media, IPTV offers the ability to stream the source media continuously. As a result, a client media player can begin playing the content (such as a TV channel) almost immediately. This is known as streaming media.

TOT in Thailand offers a variety of IPTV services, so-called "digital TV".

• Sad 1

I agree with other posters here. Its unusual to be demanding that you pay in crypto.

However I can give some advice.

If you want to pay by Cryptocurrency and need to buy then you need to use one of the well known and established / reputable services. Mind you they can get hacked. some services charge much more and guarantee your funds. But you pay the extra.

Be very careful to make sure you use the official site and 2FA.

Most may not let you buy if your IP is in Thailand. You may have to use a VPN at least the first transaction.

Check the charges. Coinmama is expensive. personally I use binance.com.

it will take you some time to figure out how everything works to buy, hold, transfer, etc.

If you use a credit card it is classed as a cash transaction. Add 2 to 3 % on the card.

Then you will pay interest from the date.

Use a debit card if they will allow it. I have managed that before.

If you are going to do this, take your time on any actions and be careful.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 9:43 AM, ThePioneer said:

I am not blackmailed, they payment is for an IPTV service, many of them these days only accept crypto currency as they have to stay under the radar

Go to ebay buy iptv through them use PayPal so easy, I did so it works OK if not paypal gives you your money back 

• Sad 2

On 9/4/2019 at 9:40 AM, Tayaout said:

Nothing wrong paying for service with bitcoin. If you need to pay via credit card try coinbase, coinmama, virwox, etc. However the fees are higher than if you pay directly from a bank account. 

Yes that is also what I found out, so I used another option to make my payments.

I always read on this forum that crypto currency is the future and sooooooo much better and safer then the traditional banks......until you need to make a payment and then they all come out of the woods.

Talking about hypocrisy.

On 9/6/2019 at 9:40 AM, ThePioneer said:

Yet none of them has enough brains to think outside the box

There is always a need to work harder on social skills if one walks in a room asking for assistance. Buying crypto isn't always cheap. So far we've had coinbase recommended twice that doesn't work in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

There is always a need to work harder on social skills if one walks in a room asking for assistance. Buying crypto isn't always cheap. So far we've had coinbase recommended twice that doesn't work in Thailand.

It works if OP have a bank account overseas or a VPN and a passport from a supported country. I opened an account on coinbasepro with a Singapore ip address and a Canadian passport but had to explain my situation to support. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 9:34 AM, ThePioneer said:

Yes that is also what I found out, so I used another option to make my payments.

I always read on this forum that crypto currency is the future and sooooooo much better and safer then the traditional banks......until you need to make a payment and then they all come out of the woods.

Talking about hypocrisy.

give it some time. so many things in life have gone digital. it only makes sense that transactions of value follow suit. p2p payments in the coming years will be a breeze. multiple platforms all connected that are able to transact in various settlement types. instantly from anywhere to anywhere.

1 minute ago, sillyfool said:

give it some time. so many things in life have gone digital. it only makes sense that transactions of value follow suit. p2p payments in the coming years will be a breeze. multiple platforms all connected that are able to transact in various settlement types. instantly from anywhere to anywhere.

Block chain technology should not be confused with crypto currency which uses block chain technology.

I can see the advantages of block chain, I can't see advantages of crypto currency, rather disadvantages as it is pure a speculation tool.

14 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

Block chain technology should not be confused with crypto currency which uses block chain technology.

I can see the advantages of block chain, I can't see advantages of crypto currency, rather disadvantages as it is pure a speculation tool.

crypto and blockchain when coupled together is a wet dream come true for those in power.

pure speculation tool hardly. there are so many different crypto's with many different use case scenarios. some crypto might be used for liquidity in a digital world. value is going digital, paper money will be gone in my lifetime (43 in a few months).

you can't keep printing money and expect everything to be ok. fiat is dying and there is a demand for instant digital payment. someone or something will fill that gap. change is inevitable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThePioneer said:

There is "stablecoin" that are pegged to major currency. However, I prefer holding bitcoin since my cost of living is only going down over time. Maybe selfish and against economic theory that say money should be treated like a hot potato to stimulate the economy forever until humanity self destroy itself but it works fine for me. I buy a tons of legal stuff directly with bitcoin. 

Edited by Tayaout

On 9/8/2019 at 8:14 AM, MJKT2014 said:

I opened a CB account from within T/L, although using my UK PP, and UK address that my UK bank account is registered to... No need of any VPN est, although it was about 2 years ago I did this, and I accept things may have now changed. 

Obviously I can't cash out directly to a Thai bank, but I can trade between CB coins OK, and can send CC's from my CB to any other address... eg. to a Thai based crypto exchange, and then cash out from there to my Thai bank.