Buying crypto currency

ThePioneer

On 9/6/2019 at 9:21 AM, ThePioneer said:

Did I ask anyone's opinion about IPTV?

People are only worried you are going to lose your money.

and why IPTV, you can get everything they have for free,if you

you know where,just look in Audio/vision thread,there are 2

US websites who offer many channels for free,I have too many

ways to watch just about everything,but can only view one channel

at a time.  800 quid that's a mistake I hope.

regards worgeordie

Binance seems easy to buy BTC with a card (Master/Visa). No geographic based checks or VPN needed, just a slightly pricey transfer rate that looks about 7% to me? Still a quick way to get some crypto if you need some tho?

Think I'll wait for my Bitkub account to get approved, been over a week now.

10 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

People are only worried you are going to lose your money.

and why IPTV, you can get everything they have for free,if you know where,just look in Audio/vision thread,there are 2

US websites who offer many channels for free,I have too many

ways to watch just about everything,but can only view one channel

at a time.  800 quid that's a mistake I hope.

I'm very well aware of what is available, since I'm in this business for almost a decade. And no you CAN'T watch everything for free, and even what you can watch for free the quality is very poor to say the least.

But yeah I understand, if you don't want to pay money then that is all acceptable at once.

By the way since this is off topic, and my payment issue has been solved by other means, I think it's time for a moderator to close this thread

If you have to pay for something that has to "stay under the radar", then blockchain.com, Coinbase and other major exchanges, credit cards and Bitcoin are not the things to use.

(If the vendor is making the opposite case, it's because they want the payment to be positively non-refundable.)

Conbase, for example, is now a proven government surveillance hub over cryptosphere, after they surrendered thousands of records to the US IRS, and recently bought a notorious hacking and surveillance firm.

(Notorious, because one of their claims to fame is working for totalitarian and  authoritarian governments on projects such as hacking political dissidents...)

https://news.bitcoin.com/coinbase-acquires-cryptocurrency-surveillance-company-neutrino/

So, anything you do through things like Coinbase, Bitpay, "regulated exchanges", will  be "duly noted" by the "authorities", and tracked, including its recipient and their paths to fiat...

If you and the latter really want this payment to be confidential, my suggestion is find a reputable trader on LocalBitcoins, who knows how to use privacy blockchains and methods.

Don't mess with it yourself; have that trader send the payment.

Pay for it with paper fiat or bank transfer, such as SEPA.

Edited by twig
clarification

14 hours ago, twig said:

If you have to pay for something that has to "stay under the radar", then blockchain.com, Coinbase and other major exchanges, credit cards and Bitcoin are not the things to use.

With under the radar is meant for thieving organizations like Paypal - Transferwise and others.

When they know the payment is for something they don't like they block the accounts including the funds and keep them locked up for 180 days.

Take note the money in the accounts does not belong to paypal or transferwise, yet they feel they have the right to keep those funds locked up for 180 days.

Edited by ThePioneer

Yes i agree ThePioneer, i detest Paypal, they are complete scumbags - i lost a lot of money with them whilst being a power seller on Ebay, and they blocked my accounts due to some scammers buying from me, and took me over 12 months to get my funds released (over £10,000)

I am a huge believer in BTC but if you want something to truly stay under the radar then its Monero (XMR) all the way - the only true anonymous cryptocurrency. I buy/sell on Binance, Bitmex, Kraken and Bitstamp - also deal with local Thai traders on localbitcoins for trades in/out of Thai bank accounts. If you wanted a quick hassle free trade then buy from a Thai trader on localbitcoins as you have no need to submit any documentation to register like other exchanges, and is completely safe using their Escrow system - you make a bank payment from your Thai bank to theirs and get the bitcoin released within minutes.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ThePioneer said:

With under the radar is meant for thieving organizations like Paypal - Transferwise and others.

When they know the payment is for something they don't like they block the accounts including the funds and keep them locked up for 180 days.

Take note the money in the accounts does not belong to paypal or transferwise, yet they feel they have the right to keep those funds locked up for 180 days.

Agreed. Paypal started out with the same freedom ideals as Bitcoin. 

(Real thieves groups by definition - commonly called "government" - then turned it and the like into "thieving organizations" on its behalf... See KYC/AML discussions here.)

When you give your money to any entity, including banks, it stops being YOUR money.

It becomes THEIR money (asset) and their liability to you.

The point is: if PP and such don't like some activity, then their "regulators" in the government don't like it, and you won't be "under the radar" using some regulated Bitcoin exchange or wallet such as Blockchain to facilitate that.

I think the suggestion above to use the Localbitcoins escrow is a good one, but then you have to mess with it as an inexperienced person, without gaining any real "radar" invisibility.

I disagree on ZCash vs Monero, because confidential payments are optional in ZEC and mandatory in XMR.

So, while ZEC has 3x the volume of XMR today, only maybe 10-20% of ZEC volume is private payments.

So, the privacy you get with ZEC is less than that of XMR in real terms:

https://masterthecrypto.com/monero-xmr-vs-zcash-zec/

The most efficient way would be to use https://localmonero.co/

a clone of LocalBitcoins using XMR, but it's less trustworthy for now, and you would have to mess with setting up your own XMR wallet to get the most anti-radar effect:

https://web.getmonero.org/downloads/

That of course assumes your IPTV provider accepts XMR.

If they don't, as I mentioned, their intent behind requiring crypto is not really to stay under any kind of radar.

However, you could then pay them using XMR and converting it to BTC in real time:

https://xmr.to/

It's all a lot of hassle though for one payment for an inexperienced person.

So, I suggest you have someone experienced send it on your behalf.

You can probably find a way to do that also through one  of the reputable escrow providers in EU, but it would probably be more costly than doing it yourself:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2439910.0

Another easy way is to go to a local Bitcoin meetup, and get the traders there to help you right then, in person.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 10:57 AM, MJKT2014 said:

Binance seems easy to buy BTC with a card (Master/Visa). No geographic based checks or VPN needed, just a slightly pricey transfer rate that looks about 7% to me? Still a quick way to get some crypto if you need some tho?

Think I'll wait for my Bitkub account to get approved, been over a week now.

Everex wallet recommended as you can buy crypto with THB and Everex charges no fees. All details here - https://everex.io/exchange

BUY CRYPTO with Cash
1. Deposit USDC or EVX and pay with Thai Baht from your Thai bank account
2. Send USDC or EVX to Binance or other exchange
3. Trade Crypto

SELL CRYPTO to Cash
1. Sell Crypto to USDC or EVX on Binance or other exchange
2. Send USDC or EVX to Everex wallet
3. Withdraw to your Thai bank or request free ATM pick up

What crypto you "have" to buy? Since BX Thailand is closing down, if you want a local exchange signing up with Bitkub is straight forward and they have reasonable liquidity for okay prices. But again, depends what crypto: BTC? XRP? ETH?

Coinbase's fee are very high, if you're looking for another global fiat to crypto exchange have a look at Kraken.

• 3 months later...

I love how we have these amazing ways for paying for things now, and the people, the ones who should do cart wheels to be able to pay in such a fashion, are the ones too paranoid to use the technology. 

Payments 101

People/citizens: cash and crypto good, empowers the people, detracts power from governments.

Governments: Credit card and any electronic payments good, empowers the government, and detracts power from the people. 

And again, guess which payment method is preferred by the people? That'll tell you how good a job governments are doing in their manipulation of your mind. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TrendFollow said:

Now we can buy currency in Thailand only through such large exchanges as Binance. But I have a question for those who keep their coins on Binance: are you not afraid to lose coins? In May 2019, it was hacked and my friend then lost his coins. How do you feel about storing online wallets like that? Or is it better to store in a cold wallet?

If you don't control the private key then it's not your money. I love Binance but only use them for the time it takes to complete a transaction. Everything else is kept on a cold wallet. In fact I even have one bluetooth enabled cold wallet with smaller amount for travel and day to day transactions and the rest is on another one that has no bluetooth and is almost never used. 

• 3 years later...
On 9/4/2019 at 3:06 PM, Kurtf said:

Screw the transaction. My advice on buying ANY crypto currency.....DON’T!!!!!

BTC was 8,500 when you wrote this. It went to 69,000 2 years 7 months later. 

Not the best advice! 

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

BTC was 8,500 when you wrote this. It went to 69,000 2 years 7 months later. 

Not the best advice! 

What is it now?  $26,447.00

It is easy to pick a date with a high price to (dis)prove your point.

Like all investments it is only good for the price you sell at at what others are selling at!