Chlorine Gas

beatlebones

Hi All,

Hope you can point me in the right direction on this..

Recently my wifes Mother has complained about bad smell like strong bleach in their household and suffering watering eyes etc.

Turns out that that over the fence is a large and prestigious expat community estate and workers there have been dumping Chlorine (in vast amounts) into holes next to the estate boundary.

Now with the Bangkok rains kicking in , its seems to have caused the chlorine to leach into drainage system and producing chlorine gas that is coming up into the neighboring houses.

I'm told that the Estate is looking into solving the problem BUT I pretty sure this is beyond their "fix" and is a very serious health problem.

My wifes family has had to move out of their house as the fumes are overpowering and getting worse as the rains continue.

This is  a very serious health issue and I would like some advice on the proper health/environment department to get in touch with URGENTLY.

Chlorine gas is very volatile and toxic and unless you incorrectly open a cylinder in an enclosed space, unlikely to kill you directly. Unless you are standing right near the source. What you can smell is the product of chlorine gas reacting with the soil and is basically much less toxic than chlorine gas. 

There is no excuse for this kind of behaviour and I hope the police get involved.

Archived